PDA

View Full Version : Popularity I laugh in your face!

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 02:48 AM
What makes popular these days?

Intelligence?

NOPE

Contribution to threads?

NOPE

Knowledge?

YET AGAIN NO!

Its you guessed it! SPAM!

What the hell is the big deal with all these users that rarely contribute anything more to a topic other than some supposedly witty remark which actually has nothing to do with anything?

I mean out of the the most popular members on this forum about 50% of them appear to spam more than contribute whilst the other 50% possibly contribute all of one or two posts...and are they thought provoking and insightful? Often not unforutunately.

I'm not claiming to be a saint, incredibly witty, respectful or even a great contributor...but shouldn't the users we deem popular/famous be?

Whats worse is that the REAL intelligence and contribution of this site comes from greatly undervalued members such as Yeargdribble (who is no doubt respected and not UNPOPULAR but he definately isn't famous either) who 95% of the time contributes something to the topic, instead of vearing a topic off course.

Another point is also that the admins don't seem to be doing thier job correctly as 90% of the time spam go's either unnoticed or unpunished.
Whats worse is that members of staff THEMSELVES popular as they are spam more/equally to what they contribute.

Now I'm not saying spam is intolerable and should be eradicated...but couldn't we just keep it reasonable folks? But it's abit much when most of the popular members of this forum are spammers and use themes such as Christmas' "Lets pretend that I don't know what grammer is just so I can be popular like Phychotic!".

Is this what EOFF has become? Is this just a popularity ratrace in which the popular spam like crazy and the reasonable members get left behind?

P.S. Before anyone even insinuates it, I'm not jealous because of not winning a Ciddie or anything like that because if thats what a Ciddie means/rewards then I want no part of it anyway.

Other people may call me grumpy or call me hateful towards others with more popularity of my own, but the thing is if popularity is gained by this behavior do I WANT to be popular?

I'm not popular no doubt, I'll probabaly never will be...but I wish the good members of this forum would get the popularity they deserve.

This forum reminds me of Highschool and thats not a good thing. :(

Fonzie
12-05-2007, 02:50 AM
To long, didn't read lol <!-- Lol, btw who the hell are you? -->

Christmas
12-05-2007, 02:51 AM
There is a reason why Loony BoB win best member every year.

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2007, 02:51 AM
You should have put this in EoEO...you're just totally asking for it now >.o

*waits*

Psychotic
12-05-2007, 02:52 AM
"Lets pretend that I don't know what grammer is just so I can be popular like Phychotic!".This is wonderful. Thank you.

Rye
12-05-2007, 02:53 AM
You've... you've caught me. I try to be popular. You see, in my real life, I live in a 1 bedroom tenement apartment with my 10 brothers and sisters. My parents sell drugs at night, and they make me and my siblings draw Cloud x Sephiroth hentai to sell each day. I can only use the internet 10 minutes a day, and that's with my brothers and sisters running life size hamster wheels to power my computer. I only want to be accepted on EoFF so that I have meaning to my life... to escape the harsh restricting uncaring walls of my life, to spread my wings and soar...

Goodbye. :kaocry2:

Rengori
12-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Life in general has a fascination with assholes.

Ultima Shadow
12-05-2007, 02:56 AM
*spams thread to gain popularity*

Fonzie
12-05-2007, 02:57 AM
Srsly, who is this dude?

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 02:57 AM
You've... you've caught me. I try to be popular. You see, in my real life, I live in a 1 bedroom tenement apartment with my 10 brothers and sisters. My parents sell drugs to get buy. I can only use the internet 10 minutes a day, and that's with my brothers and sisters running life size hamster wheels to power my computer. I only want to be accept on EoFF so that I have meaning to my life...

So someone tries to be serious about something and you spam it up with severe sarcasm?

This is what I'm on about!

This post contributes NOTHING, all it does is try to make a mockery of what I'm trying to discuss.

Lack of respect? - yes.

Proving my point? - yes

Seeing a pattern here?

Miriel
12-05-2007, 02:58 AM
Ha! HA HA HAHA HA!

A lot of the popular members are also really smart and funny. Maybe you just don't see that. But you can't generalize popular people the way you're doing, cause it's pretty erroneous and not actually true.

Tavrobel
*spams thread to gain popularity*

Shads, there's nothing you can do to increase your popularity. Rider and Rydia take care of that.

I agree with the OP. Mostly because the internet are serious businezz.

Jojee
What makes popularity in EoFF:

1. Lots of posts
1a. Being nice to people
1b. Being an ass and making people amused
1c. Being a complete noob and making people amused
1d. Contributive/intelligent posts

2. Outside communication
2a. Usernotes
2b. MSN/AIM/LJ/games/anything else

3. Become RSL o_o

Note that all the sub-1s go under lots of posts. You're never going to be popular if no one notices you. Yeargdribble may make the best posts on earth, but I hardly ever see him post and I don't remember a single post he's made. Contribution and intelligence still get you popularity, but the most of the members who make solely "contributive and intelligent" posts simply don't post enough. Think about how popular and well known The Captain was when he was still around. I <3 that guy. ^_^

And if you want complete seriousness, this should be in EoEO :P

Fonzie
12-05-2007, 02:59 AM
You've... you've caught me. I try to be popular. You see, in my real life, I live in a 1 bedroom tenement apartment with my 10 brothers and sisters. My parents sell drugs to get buy. I can only use the internet 10 minutes a day, and that's with my brothers and sisters running life size hamster wheels to power my computer. I only want to be accept on EoFF so that I have meaning to my life...

So someone tries to be serious about something and you spam it up with severe sarcasm?

This post contributes NOTHING, all it does is try to make a mockery of what I'm trying to discuss.

Lack of respect? - yes.

Proving my point? - yes

Seeing a pattern here?

You post stupid threads, you get stupid answers.

Now, go hang out with 30 year-olds Mr. Mature.

Black Mage
I was under the impression all these years that General Chat was the spam forum.

Have I been mistaken..?

Madame Adequate
You've... you've caught me. I try to be popular. You see, in my real life, I live in a 1 bedroom tenement apartment with my 10 brothers and sisters. My parents sell drugs at night, and they make me and my siblings draw Cloud x Sephiroth hentai to sell each day. I can only use the internet 10 minutes a day, and that's with my brothers and sisters running life size hamster wheels to power my computer. I only want to be accepted on EoFF so that I have meaning to my life... to escape the harsh restricting uncaring walls of my life, to spread my wings and soar...

Oh Rye... my poor, sweet, wing-clipped Rye. :( I know how you feel. I make my living by the same means. I worked it out once - it takes seven Tifa breasts, or nineteen Aeris breasts, for me to afford a loaf of bread. I power my computer by pedelling on a bicycle for fifteen hours a day. It earns me about twenty minutes of computer power, if I leave the monitor off.

Jowy
No, this actually is high school. And now that the Knights found out you were running your mouth, you'll be spitting out urinal cake chunks and teeth for the next week. Go see if Site Staff will let you into the AV room to hide out!

holy :skull::skull::skull::skull: way for half of the forum to all post at once.

Momiji
12-05-2007, 03:00 AM

Intelligence?

NOPE

Contribution to threads?

NOPE

Knowledge?

YET AGAIN NO!

What the hell is the big deal with all these users that rarely contribute anything more to a topic other than some supposedly witty remark which actually has nothing to do with anything?

I mean out of the the most popular members on this forum about 50% of them appear to spam more than contribute whilst the other 50% possibly contribute all of one or two posts...and are they thought provoking and insightful? Often not unforutunately.

I'm not claiming to be a saint, incredibly witty, respectful or even a great contributor...but shouldn't the users we deem popular/famous be?

Whats worse is that the REAL intelligence and contribution of this site comes from greatly undervalued members such as Yeargdribble (who is no doubt respected and not UNPOPULAR but he definately isn't famous either) who 95% of the time contributes something to the topic, instead of vearing a topic off course.

Another point is also that the admins don't seem to be doing thier job correctly as 90% of the time spam go's either unnoticed or unpunished.
Whats worse is that members of staff THEMSELVES popular as they are spam more/equally to what they contribute.

Now I'm not saying spam is intolerable and should be eradicated...but couldn't we just keep it reasonable folks? But it's abit much when most of the popular members of this forum are spammers and use themes such as Christmas' "Lets pretend that I don't know what grammer is just so I can be popular like Phychotic!".

Is this what EOFF has become? Is this just a popularity ratrace in which the popular spam like crazy and the reasonable members get left behind?

P.S. Before anyone even insinuates it, I'm not jealous because of not winning a Ciddie or anything like that because if thats what a Ciddie means/rewards then I want no part of it anyway.

Other people may call me grumpy or call me hateful towards others with more popularity of my own, but the thing is if popularity is gained by this behavior do I WANT to be popular?

I'm not popular no doubt, I'll probabaly never will be...but I wish the good members of this forum would get the popularity they deserve.

Spam doesn't make you popular. It makes people hate you.

Rengori
12-05-2007, 03:01 AM

Intelligence?

NOPE

Contribution to threads?

NOPE

Knowledge?

YET AGAIN NO!

Unless you're Psychotic, then you have to throw in a pinch of hatred of everyone.

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 03:02 AM

Lack of respect? - yes.

Proving my point? - yes

Seeing a pattern here?

It isn't a stupid thread I'm pointing out a serious problem with the way percieve "popularity" and how it is often achieved.

P.S. What kind of insult is "Mr. Mature"? It's more of a compliment in my opinion!

Momiji
12-05-2007, 03:02 AM

Intelligence?

NOPE

Contribution to threads?

NOPE

Knowledge?

YET AGAIN NO!

Unless you're Psychotic, then you have to throw in a pinch of hatred of everyone.

I'm not picky. :D

EDIT: Fatal Impurity, STFU. 'Mr. Mature' was meant to be sarcastic, a concept you seem to be hopelessly unable to grasp.

Rengori
12-05-2007, 03:04 AM
It isn't a stupid thread I'm pointing out a serious problem with the way percieve "popularity" and how it is often achieved.

Again, look at real life. How many "popular" people are nice, intelligent people?

And Jojee, you forgot to put posting pictures of yourself with boobs or azn-ness showing.

Psychotic
12-05-2007, 03:05 AM
Let me tell you a story, Mr. Impunity. When I was a newbie, I had a chip on my shoulder about popularity and elitism, and I'm sure some of you can remember it. Certain people were popular and received plaudits, and I didn't. What the heck was going on? Wasn't I good enough? I'm better than these people, surely? Winning Mr. EoFF ( bring it back), an anonymous contest only served to fuel my strange thoughts. But here's the thing. I wasn't,better than them, because I was a stupid little jackoff who cared about such stupid things as forum popularity. Fact is, the people I disliked had made so many more contributions to EoFF than I had.

So I stopped, sat back and realised popularity meant nothing. EoFF was just a fun place to have a laugh on, and I could enjoy it without winning a bajillion Ciddies and so on and so forth. And now I feel I've contributed and proved my worth (if you want to say I haven't, okay, but the people who matter know how hard I work for this place) and here I am, Evil Cid's Knight and Naughty Popularity Whore. I was wrong. Just let it go, man. It's not good for you, take it from me.

Now, as for your comments that everyone spams and it's evil...well maybe you should stop and think about that. If a large majority of people think these posts are good and contributing, maybe it's you who is wrong, and not them. Or maybe...nobody is wrong. Maybe they're just having fun. If you find posts like yeargdribble's to be of more worth than mine, hang out in EoEO more and you'll find it a lot more enjoyable.

Can I get back to my worthless spam now please? :)

Fonzie

Lack of respect? - yes.

Proving my point? - yes

Seeing a pattern here?

P.S. What kind of insult is "Mr. Mature"? It's more of a compliment in my opinion!

I stopped reading there.

Momiji

Again, look at real life. How many "popular" people are nice, intelligent people?

And Jojee, you forgot to put posting pictures of yourself with boobs or azn-ness showing.

I'm not popular, yet I CAN be nice and I'm intelligent. A fair trade-off if you ask me. I'd rather be unpopular than stupid anyday.

I Took the Red Pill
12-05-2007, 03:06 AM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/internetstooserious.jpg

Jojee
Good thing I don't do any of that, especially the azn-ness part. ^-^;

Edit: Whoa wtf response to Rengori, stop posting at 20 miles a second everyone. xD

Christmas
You can leave this forum like me if you want, life goes on with or without it. I intend to go after RSL's day, wanna join me? :bigsmile:

EDIT: God, there were so much drama back in those days. lol

Rye
12-05-2007, 03:07 AM
You can leave this forum like me if you want, life goes on with or without it. I intend to go after RSL's day, wanna join me? :bigsmile:

Why!? ;_;

Miriel
12-05-2007, 03:07 AM

I know a lot of popular people who are amazing sweet and smart people. My best friend in the entire world was on homecoming court and was Prom queen in High School and she is the most caring person, EVER.

So yeah, don't be haters.

Momiji
12-05-2007, 03:08 AM

Why!? ;_;

You scared her away! ;-;

Jojee
12-05-2007, 03:10 AM
And life's just not fun being serious all the time :mog:

Tavrobel
12-05-2007, 03:11 AM
Wow, this thread gets a lot of posts real quick, don't it? GC is nothing compared to the gaming forums. Reality check, please. If you don't like something, just stay out of it. Use the ignore function (lol), bitch in Feedback, it's what it is there for. The only reason to dislike someone is if they suck at what they are trying to do, which is wholly possible.

Fonzie
Someone lock this thread, he's getting to close to the truth!

RABBLE

*waves arms in the air*

Rye
I have to agree with Paul and Miriel. And a lot of people on here who are "stupid popular people" are actually very intelligent and accomplished. They just know how to have a good laugh, which I think you need to learn.

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 03:12 AM
Let me tell you a story, Mr. Impunity. When I was a newbie, I had a chip on my shoulder about popularity and elitism, and I'm sure some of you can remember it. Certain people were popular and received plaudits, and I didn't. What the heck was going on? Wasn't I good enough? I'm better than these people, surely? Winning Mr. EoFF ( bring it back), an anonymous contest only served to fuel my strange thoughts. But here's the thing. I wasn't,better than them, because I was a stupid little jackoff who cared about such stupid things as forum popularity. Fact is, the people I disliked had made so many more contributions to EoFF than I had.

So I stopped, sat back and realised popularity meant nothing. EoFF was just a fun place to have a laugh on, and I could enjoy it without winning a bajillion Ciddies and so on and so forth. And now I feel I've contributed and proved my worth (if you want to say I haven't, okay, but the people who matter know how hard I work for this place) and here I am, Evil Cid's Knight and Naughty Popularity Whore. I was wrong. Just let it go, man. It's not good for you, take it from me.

Now, as for your comments that everyone spams and it's evil...well maybe you should stop and think about that. If a large majority of people think these posts are good and contributing, maybe it's you who is wrong, and not them. Or maybe...nobody is wrong. Maybe they're just having fun. If you find posts like yeargdribble's to be of more worth than mine, hang out in EoEO more and you'll find it a lot more enjoyable.

You seem to think I care about my own popularity and well I don't I just dislike people, who DO deserve popularity being short changed esecially to such newbie spammers like the infamous Devilman and The Fonz!

Sure all this about intelligent posting being better than spam is subjective and about opinion but why would you prefer something completely inane and stupid to something intelligence and thought provoking?

Ultima Shadow
12-05-2007, 03:15 AM
Shads, there's nothing you can do to increase your popularity.:(

Rider and Rydia take care of that.
:jess:

Someone lock this thread, he's getting to close to the truth!
NO! This thread must hit the 9001 post mark first! :hyper:

This thread is moving fast. :greenie:

Momiji
12-05-2007, 03:16 AM

You seem to think I care about my own popularity and well I don't I just dislike people, who DO deserve popularity being short changed esecially to such newbie spammers like the infamous Devilman and The Fonz!

Sure all this about intelligent posting being better than spam is subjective and about opinion but why would you prefer something completely inane and stupid to something intelligence and thought provoking?

It makes me laugh then cry when you pretend to be intelligent and then totally miss your own point.

Psychotic
You seem to think I care about my own popularity and well I don't I just dislike people, who DO deserve popularity being short changed esecially to such newbie spammers like the infamous Devilman and The Fonz!Alright, if you don't care about your own then fair enough. ;) Tell you what, though. Why don't you send these people who deserve popularity a PM telling them you appreciate their posts, and that you think they make EoFF a better place? I've won Ciddies, but let me tell you that a PM like that is worth more than a Ciddie. At least, it would be to me.
Sure all this about intelligent posting being better than spam is subjective and about opinion but why would you prefer something completely inane and stupid to something intelligence and thought provoking?It's a Final Fantasy forum. If I wanted intelligence and thought provoking, I'd go and have a chat to one of my lecturers at university.

XxSephirothxX
And this from someone who posted

I want to win at least one Ciddy (and not one of the crap ones either!)

or possibly becoming recognised....;)
like an hour ago. :p

Who's going to be more fun to have around: the guy who can quote Wikipedia for you, or the guy who makes you laugh? There are plenty of people here who can do both, and I guarantee you very little has changed since you've been a member. Maybe the general group of spammers isn't as funny as the ones who were here two or four years ago, but who knows? The longer you're around the longer you see the same stuff, so it's hard not to be a little jaded.

If we're going to define "spam" as anything that is not strictly related to a topic, do you have any idea how boring this place would be? Posts do get deleted, and entirely pointless things are removed, and sometimes people do get punished. But it's a place for people to have fun and converse, and if you have a problem with people not being serious enough, put them on your ignore list.

Moping about the popularity of others is about as high school cliché as you can get.

Black Mage
12-05-2007, 03:17 AM
Seriously, bud. I'm sure plenty of people have probably felt that way at one time or another. But you're really just coming off as some guy miffed that he's not as popular as others whether or not that's the case.

You just have to learn to accept it, and do your own thing. You're not exposing some hidden conspiracy because there isn't one. People are "popular" for a reason, and whether or not you agree with it really doesn't matter.

Being some sacrifice for the "greater good" isn't going to help your cause.

Edit: Jeez, so fast.

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 03:17 AM

It makes me laugh then cry when you pretend to be intelligent and then totally miss your own point.

"Pretend" to be be intelligent? Hello I've never said or insinuated I'm anything other than an average user! And how am I missing my own point?

Momiji
12-05-2007, 03:18 AM
Sure all this about intelligent posting being better than spam is subjective and about opinion but why would you prefer something completely inane and stupid to something intelligence and thought provoking?It's a Final Fantasy forum. If I wanted intelligence and thought provoking, I'd go and have a chat to one of my lecturers at university.

I'm still in High School, surrounded with teachers who cannot teach, sadly. I can't wait until college.

"Pretend" to be be intelligent? Hello I've never said or insinuated I'm anything other than an average user! And how am I missing my own point?

Simple. You keep contradicting yourself; not to mention you are clearly yearning to be popular, when such a label is *sometimes* connected to negativity when it comes to intelligence.

Christmas
12-05-2007, 03:20 AM

So you post intelligent (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/75910-hentai.html) stuffs (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/77714-never-trust-parrot.html)?

Fatal Impurity
And this from someone who posted

I want to win at least one Ciddy (and not one of the crap ones either!)

or possibly becoming recognised....;)
like an hour ago. :p

Who's going to be more fun to have around: the guy who can quote Wikipedia for you, or the guy who makes you laugh? There are plenty of people here who can do both, and I guarantee you very little has changed since you've been a member. Maybe the general group of spammers isn't as funny as the ones who were here two or four years ago, but who knows? The longer you're around the longer you see the same stuff, so it's hard not to be a little jaded.

If we're going to define "spam" as anything that is not strictly related to a topic, do you have any idea how boring this place would be? Posts do get deleted, and entirely pointless things are removed, and sometimes people do get punished. But it's a place for people to have fun and converse, and if you have a problem with people not being serious enough, put them on your ignore list.

Moping about the popularity of others is about as high school cliché as you can get.

Well not long after that post I had a thought...and the thought was "What is popularity? And how the hell do become popular?"

I relised then that I DONT want to be popular if this is how popularity is achieved.

Tavrobel
I've won Ciddies, but let me tell you that a PM like that is worth more than a Ciddie. At least, it would be to me.

Right, I'll have to remember to send you another PM relating to how much I hate you and whatever it is that you represent.

Fonzie is popular/infamous? So, who exactly do you think deserve popularity, if you are so capable of defining it?

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 03:24 AM

So you post intelligent (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/75910-hentai.html) stuffs (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/77714-never-trust-parrot.html)?

Quote something from a year ago why don't you?

Let's put it like this over the past 2 years of being at EOFF I've become alot more mature than I used to be...I'll admit I didn't make the best topics or the most intelligent of posts but I've changed and realised it's no fun to post pointless crap.

Momiji
12-05-2007, 03:26 AM

Let's put it like this over the past 2 years of being at EOFF I've become alot more mature than I used to be...I'll admit I didn't make the best topics or the most intelligent of posts but I've changed and realised it's no fun to post pointless crap.

So what the hell do you call this thread?

Christmas

Indeed.

Ultima Shadow
and realised it's no fun to post pointless crap.That's where you're wrong.:greenie:

Jessweeee♪
Someone please ban me from general chat until this thread is closed. Please :kaobeg2:

I don't want to embarrass myself >.<

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 03:28 AM

Your entitled to your opinion but could you explain to me this is pointless crap? I mean at least there is a topic and it's trying to get you to think about something.

Fonzie
12-05-2007, 03:33 AM
You are the definition of a hypocrite, every thread you've made has been nothing but spam, nothing but spam.

You come through these parts with some sort of superiority complex claiming you're more intelligent then us, calling us a bunch of spammers, popularity whores, yet all I see is the pot calling the kettle black.

Hey, I might make worthless posts now and then, but that's because I do what I do, and also I just don't give a fuck.

Now, if you want to go cry, go somewheres else where someone actually cares about what you have to say.

Momiji
12-05-2007, 03:34 AM

Your entitled to your opinion but could you explain to me why in god's name this is pointless crap? I mean at least there is a topic and it's trying to get you to think about something.

This thread is pointless because:
a) Your insinuations that spamming= popularity are flawed.
b) Although you realize your reasoning is flawed, you still try to justify that this thread actually HAS a point, other than you trying to get attention, however negative. You yearn to be popular, yet only certain people *cough*Paul*cough* can be popular by spamming. You yearn to win a Ciddie, when they are really no indicator of popularity. I won Best Poet 2 times in a row and I'm not popular, nor do I want to be, really.

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2007, 03:36 AM
This is who we are, this is what we do. Are we not good enough for you? Are we too stupid, too silly? You think we're going to change just for you? If you don't like us, just leave. Add us to ignore. Whatever. You don't have to deal with us.

Psychotic
12-05-2007, 03:37 AM
Moderation time: Guys can we nix it on the quote pyramids please? We all know what you're responding to and it's cluttering up the thread. Thanks!

Rengori
12-05-2007, 03:37 AM
You are the definition of a hypocrite, every thread you've made has been nothing but spam, nothing but spam.

You come through these parts with some sort of superiority complex claiming you're more intelligent then us, calling us a bunch of spammers, popularity whores, yet all I see is the pot calling the kettle black.

Hey, I might make worthless posts now and then, but that's because I do what I do, and also I just don't give a smurf.

Now, if you want to go cry, go somewheres else where someone actually cares about what you have to say.

Here we have one of the rarest sights in nature, the Fonz making a post that contributes to the thread! This is quite a remarkable sight! [/steveirwin]

Momiji
12-05-2007, 03:39 AM
This is who we are, this is what we do. Are we not good enough for you? Are we too stupid, too silly? You think we're going to change just for you? If you don't like us, just leave. Add us to ignore. Whatever. You don't have to deal with us.

Who are you addressing that to?

snacks
12-05-2007, 03:39 AM
Here's an idea:

Instead of complaining, do something about it.

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 03:40 AM
This thread is pointless because:
a) Your insinuations that spamming= popularity are flawed.
b) Although you realize your reasoning is flawed, you still try to justify that this thread actually HAS a point, other than you trying to get attention, however negative. You yearn to be popular, yet only certain people *cough*Paul*cough* can be popular by spamming. You yearn to win a Ciddie, when they are really no indicator of popularity. I won Best Poet 2 times in a row and I'm not popular, nor do I want to be, really.

You really dont get it do you? I DONT care about my popularity! If I did I wouldnt of made this thread! I knew I wasn't going to win any friends by my views so go and pull another one!

As for the Ciddie's? Well I used to want one but after my realisation I thought "Fuck that"...You may not like me but I couldnt give a fuck what you think.

At least RESPECT what I'm trying to say instead of showing utter contempt for it, and that go's for everyone here NOT just Poetically Pathetic.

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2007, 03:40 AM

Who are you addressing that to?

Fatal Impurity.

I was supposed to go and do homework :eep:

snacks
12-05-2007, 03:41 AM
Here's an idea:

Instead of complaining, do something about it.

I QUOTE MY OWN POST FOR TRUTH

Black Mage
12-05-2007, 03:42 AM
You may not like me but I couldnt give a smurf what you think.

At least RESPECT what I'm trying to say instead of showing utter contempt for it, and that go's for everyone here NOT just Poetically Pathetic.

Joke post? :tonberry:

Fonzie
12-05-2007, 03:43 AM
Hey, dude, we would of shown you more respect if you'd dropped the petty insults in the first place, but here we are now.

You did start this with insults, did you not think others would do the same?

Momiji
12-05-2007, 03:43 AM
You really dont get it do you? I DONT care about my popularity! If I did I wouldnt of made this thread! I knew I wasn't going to win any friends by my views so go and pull another one!

As for the Ciddie's? Well I used to want one but after my realisation I thought "smurf that"...You may not like me but I couldnt give a smurf what you think.

Moderation time: Guys can we nix it on the quote pyramids please? We all know what you're responding to and it's cluttering up the thread. Thanks!

You aren't winning any respect points for ignoring CK rules.

Anyway, if you didn't WANT popularity, you shouldn't have posted spam whilst saying spam= popularity. Your reasoning and excuses are contradictions.

snacks
12-05-2007, 03:45 AM
Anyway, if you didn't WANT popularity, you shouldn't have posted spam whilst saying spam= popularity. Your reasoning and excuses are contradictions.

QFT AGAIN

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 03:46 AM
@The Fonz: Okay smart guy where are the insults in my posts? I just said in honest terms what I think and now everyone seems to think I'm a moron. Which is fine because really, at least we are talking about/contributing something, instead of pointless non contributional posts flooding the topic.

@Poetically Pathetic: Try reading my original post again you may see that I clearly stated that spam SHOULDNT be eradicated. I just said people should be more reasonable.

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2007, 03:48 AM
Isn't that what EoEO is for :eep:

Black Mage
12-05-2007, 03:51 AM
@The Fonz: Okay smart guy where are the insults in my posts?

Joke post? :quina:

Fonzie
12-05-2007, 03:51 AM

Intelligence?

NOPE

Contribution to threads?

NOPE

Knowledge?

YET AGAIN NO!

Lack of respect? - yes.

Proving my point? - yes

Seeing a pattern here?

am i doin it rite?

XxSephirothxX
12-05-2007, 03:53 AM
What exactly are you asking us to respect? That you don't think many people here are funny, they're not serious enough, and they don't deserve to have friends or admiration for their lack of funny? I don't think anybody is showing you utter contempt, but obviously most everyone disagrees with your analysis of the forum.

Really, it's pretty superficial anyway--there are a lot of people here, and there's no concrete list of who is popular and who isn't. Different people will be respected in EoEO for being insightful, in the Gaming fora for being hardcore, and in Gen. Chat for being entertaining. If off-topic posts pervaded each one of those areas and derailed the majority of conversations, there'd be a problem. But it's not like that at all. :p

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2007, 03:53 AM
Ouch....

Ultima Shadow
12-05-2007, 03:54 AM
rap version:

This is who we are and this is what we do,
Are we not good enough for you?

Are we too stupid, are we too silly?
You think we're gonna change just for your willy?

If you don't like us, you should just leave,
Add us to ignore, what's the big deal?

You don't have to deal with us, yo!

snacks
To get respect you have to earn it.
You can't just show up and say "HUR GUYS LIKE ME"
you have to do something for it, if you can't understand that well...

don't post.

Momiji
@Poetically Pathetic: Try reading my original post again you may see that I clearly stated that spam SHOULDNT be eradicated. I just said people should be more reasonable.

That's all fine and dandy, but the fact is, you still contradicted yourself, and you aren't gaining any respect by carrying on as such.

Spam is fine when it's done right in forums, much like the meat-kind of spam (which I don't care for, honestly, but it isn't terrible when cooked right). Otherwise it tastes horrible, or looks horrible and stupid when posted wrong (when it comes to forums).

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2007, 03:55 AM
rap version:

This is who we are and this is what we do,
Are we not good enough for you?

Are we too stupid, are we too silly?
You think we're gonna change just for your willy?

If you don't like us, you should just leave,
Add us to ignore, what's the big deal?

That was awesome :exdee:

Thank you so much for making me laugh, I really needed that :p

Miriel
12-05-2007, 03:59 AM
I should also like to point out that just cause someone doesn't win Ciddies doesn't mean that they aren't well liked or respected. You have absolutely no idea what most of us think about other members. So don't assume.

I respect Yearg tremendously for his incredible knowledge of FFXI stuff. He's helped me out a few times and I'm thankful for that. Did you know this about me? Did you know that yearg and I have traded PMs? Nope. You don't know that. You don't know who else I might have PMed telling them that they're awesome. You have no idea who most of the EoFF members talk to privately or who have privately shared their feelings of admiration or respect.

Ciddies aren't everything. I've never won a single Ciddie and it doesn't bother me. I was respected enough to be made a CK, despite not having winning a Ciddie. To judge a person's entire popularity on whether they have won a Ciddie or not is really narrow minded of you.

I'm gonna repeat this and put it in bold because it's important.

Don't be a hater.

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 03:59 AM
@The Fonz

1. I'm not going to pretend that I actually believe Christmas' apparent lack of grammar in her posts is unintentional you know. And yes I suppose that would classify as offensive.
2. All my points about Rye's post were valid and I wasn't being insulting.
3. You've been spamming pretty much since your account started and so did Devilman...sure Devilman fizzled out and got banned but it doesnt change the fact that you were both newbie spammers. Hence it's not an insult its the truth.

Fonzie
12-05-2007, 04:01 AM
@The Fonz

1. I'm not going to pretend that I actually believe Christmas' apparent lack of grammar in her posts is unintentional you know. And yes I suppose that would classify as offensive.
3. You've been spamming pretty much since your account started and so did Devilman...sure Devilman fizzled out and got banned but it doesnt change the fact that you were both newbie spammers. Hence it's not an insult its the truth.

Go take a look at my posts, my friend. Most of them are intelligent.

Before the name change I was serious business like yourself.

Momiji
12-05-2007, 04:02 AM

#3 is a perfect example of your self-contradiction. You were (and still are, if you ask me) a newbie spammer, and yet you're calling out someone who is banned and someone who (surprisingly) has posted very valid and reasonable comments in this thread. You have no room to speak.

NOTE: And don't call me out saying that you've been around since December 2005, and that doesn't make you a 'newbie'. I am taking out of context and saying you personify the characteristics of a newbie spammer, the fact aside you've been here around 2 years.

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2007, 04:07 AM
@The Fonz

I would just like to add that Devil Man did not fizzle out, he went out with a BANG!

...I really wish I still had the PMs he sent me when it happened!

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 04:08 AM

#3 is a perfect example of your self-contradiction. You were (and still are, if you ask me) a newbie spammer, and yet you're calling out someone who is banned and someone who (surprisingly) has posted very valid and reasonable comments in this thread. You have no room to speak.

I have made plenty of reasonable posts (especially as of late), whether you want to observe them is your choice. As for "newbie spammer"...my first topic was of a new FF8 FMV being found on the FF8 bonus disk that came with FF7 and was NOT about anything spammy. Also I have said that I have matured over the past 2 years of membership on this forum, so in case you havn't noticed my spammy posts have reduced considerably.

Christmas
12-05-2007, 04:09 AM
So you are unhappy I won that whatever Ciddie over Owen, you can ask an admin or someone to transfer the Ciddie to him if you want, I won't mind.

And just to let you know Owen and I were good friends way back then and I did came back to post in his thread in the middle of the sea back then.

Also there is no point being so unhappy about me since like I say I won't be around after this RSL day, so cheer up and you can have EOFF all for yourself.

EDIT: If anyone is reading this, I must say I was pretty worked up back in those days. lol. :bigsmile: ~ from Christmas 2014

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 04:12 AM
So you are unhappy I won that whatever Ciddie over Owen, you can ask an admin or someone to transfer the Ciddie to him if you want, I won't mind.

And just to let you know Owen and I were good friends way back then and I did came back to post in his thread in the middle of the sea back then.

Also there is no point being so unhappy about me since like I say I won't be around after this RSL day, so cheer up and you can have EOFF all for yourself.

All for myself? You make it sound as if I dont want you around full stop...

That isnt the case I just want people to CONTRIBUTE to topics instead of going crazily overboard with the spam. You just happen to be the worse spammer (other than Phychotic) that I know of.

rubah
12-05-2007, 04:12 AM

I am and I'm not pretending to deny it!

btw, without spam this forum would be dull listless and empty, so embrace it 8) If you want to get away from it all, head to a gaming forum or EoEO :)))))

Momiji
12-05-2007, 04:13 AM

I have made plenty of reasonable posts (especially as of late), whether you want to observe them is your choice. As for "newbie spammer"...my first topic was of a new FF8 FMV being found on the FF8 bonus disk that came with FF7 and was NOT about anything spammy. Also I have said that I have matured over the past 2 years of membership on this forum, so in case you havn't noticed my spammy posts have reduced considerably.

*sigh*

You're hurting your own cause at this point.

I don't care what your first topic was or whether or not it was riddled with spam; I'm saying that your spammy posts have not reduced considerably, and if they have, it's probably because you don't seem to be logged in as often as you used to. The 'point' of this thread, after reading your recent post history, seems to be fueled by your hatred for Christmas and her spam, and that SHE is popular and you are not. It's all very childish if you ask me. Saying that you have matured is one thing; acting as such is another thing.

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 04:16 AM

*sigh*

You're hurting your own cause at this point.

I don't care what your first topic was or whether or not it was riddled with spam; I'm saying that your spammy posts have not reduced considerably, and if they have, it's probably because you don't seem to be logged in as often as you used to. The 'point' of this thread, after reading your recent post history, seems to be fueled by your hatred for Christmas and her spam, and that SHE is popular and you are not. It's all very childish if you ask me. Saying that you have matured is one thing; acting as such is another thing.

You misunderstand...the ratio of my spammy posts to my reasonable posts has become better and also I have no "hatred" for Christmas shes just the spammiest person I know of. I have stated countless times I dont care about popularity and if you dont want to accept that fine but if I DID care would I have posted a topic that would have obvious negative effects on my popularity?

Christmas
12-05-2007, 04:17 AM
That isnt the case I just want people to CONTRIBUTE to topics instead of going crazily overboard with the spam. You just happen to be the worse spammer (other than Phychotic) that I know of.

You just dun get it, the only thing this will happen is you own this site cause people have freedom to choose what they want to do and it will suck so hard if everyone is the same in this world.

You can try staying here longer and influence everyone to be your ideal member if you want.

So that is why you must have the site all for yourself.

Jessweeee♪
Just think about something. Don't answer it, just think to yourself. How would things have been if Owen had just left the forums for some odd reason instead of dying?

Rye
But... if you don't care about popularity, why did you make this? If you didn't care at all, it wouldn't bother you if others were popular.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-05-2007, 04:18 AM
Do not throw stones in glass houses.

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 04:20 AM
But... if you don't care about popularity, why did you make this? If you didn't care at all, it wouldn't bother you if others were popular.

Ok let me Re-phrase...I don't care about my OWN popularity. Ok?

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2007, 04:20 AM
I just found out that I have a vein that sticks out on the side of my head when I'm angry :jess:

Momiji
12-05-2007, 04:22 AM
You misunderstand...the ratio of my spammy posts to my reasonable posts has become better and also I have no "hatred" for Christmas shes just the spammiest person I know of. I have stated countless times I dont care about popularity and if you dont want to accept that fine but if I DID care would I have posted a topic that would have obvious negative effects on my popularity?

Ugh. I give up. Logic and reason simply do not penetrate your skull, I get it now. Just... stop with the fucking quote pyramids, already.

I just found out that I have a vein that sticks out on the side of my head when I'm angry

Ooh! I wanna see! :D

Christmas
12-05-2007, 04:24 AM

I don't hate Christmas for a stupid award I hate her for the obvious fact that she's incredibly spammy and rarely contributes anything to a conversation/topic.

Plus Owen was rather well known and not just for being a good sig maker!

I mean other than this forum being slightly less spammy I dont miss Christmas or her antics at all!

As for Owen there was plenty to miss.

Like they say you are contradicting yourself, my best advice is that you stay here in EOFF and do your best to influence everyone into your ideal state you want them to be.

rubah
12-05-2007, 04:26 AM
Oh btw:

OFFICIAL CID'S KNIGHT WARNING:

Don't be so flamey you guys >:[

END WARNING

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 04:28 AM
Well to be clear I dont hate you Christmas I just had a wrong choice of words ok? As for influencing people there is little to no way I can influence anyone.

XxSephirothxX
12-05-2007, 04:34 AM
So the point is, EoFF would be better if we all worked to give more respect and popularity to the people you personally feel deserve it more than the ones who are apparently popular now? :p

snacks
12-05-2007, 04:36 AM
Or just him.

The Unknown Guru
12-05-2007, 05:22 AM
Did my post get deleted? I guess my sarcasm wasn't obvious enough and made my post seem offensive. Sorry.

Anyways, the point I was trying to make is that if you wanted serious answers, you shouldn't have posted this in General Chat.

Yamaneko
12-05-2007, 05:58 AM
Peanuts give me gas.

Araciel
12-05-2007, 07:30 AM
lol. Spam. I'm popular because I send people money via paypal.

Lynx
12-05-2007, 07:32 AM
i only remember people when they make threads a lot such as rye and jess. they make quite a bit of threads so i remember them id say theyre rather popular without spamming up threads. also if someone has a name worth remembering. fatal impurity i remember you because youd choose death before dinosaur :D

Ramza Beoulve
12-05-2007, 08:24 AM
Well, here are my 2 cents.

You know, I have been here in EoFF since nearly two years ago. I'll could be called a "newbie". I was serious back in the day, but as anyone that pays attention to my posts, I tend to spam or act childish, not because I want to be popular, but because I enjoy myself doing that posts.

EoFF, or more directly, General Chat, has turned in a spam place, because actually, some of us need that spam. My day is a :skull::skull::skull::skull: nearly all the time, and I find relief here in EoFF. People like Rye and Jojee with their cuteness, Bunny and Raistlin with their grumpyness, even Future Esthar and Serapy with their weirdness bring joy to my day, some with serious posts, some with funny posts, some with spam posts.

Spam is a needed evil in every forum, because a forum being too serious cannot be enjoyed like some of us need.

I have been in a lot of forums, including the one of my university, and each one is different. Some of them are serious, some of them not. Even the serious people make jokes and spam now and then because they need that relief of the real world.

Here in EoFF, that so needed spam is specialy focused in General Chat, because everyone here want to enjoy a good while. The serious matters are in EoEO, Feedback and Help forums. All the others have a well organized level of serious posts and spam, because we aren't a high school, we are a community with people from 8 to 40 years.

Even people like Leeza do jokes sometimes.

About Christmas and the Ciddie thing... You know, I met Owen back in the day, and we had our problem, but we were good friends. Owen, like me, would be happy about Christmas winning, because he enjoyed life, like a lot of us, and like me, he knew that everyone deserves what they win. Think what would him do in your shoes, don't answer this, just think about it.

About Christmas being the spamiest people you know... You know, I spam more than her, so don't use her as an example, use me as a better example, please.

I don't go to any side, because if sometimes I cannot stand spam, I know it is a needed evil, because it keeps balance, and because I know that for each spam post, there is an inteligent and eloquent post anywhere in the forum.

I thank you a lot for caring about the spam here, but, let them be. Everyone knows when to stop, and I understand your change of heart, but everyone has the right to be themselves, and you know? Seeing a lot of people having fun, makes me happy inside.

Just laugh with them, and enjoy with them.

Old Manus
12-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Best thread ever

Hello, people reading the archive.

Raebus
12-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Thread starter: Why did you create a thread about it, nothing will change eoff. You even got owned by poetically pathetic, talk about embarrassing.

Roto13
12-05-2007, 09:19 AM
Is this what EOFF has become?

I think I have the perfect forum for you. They have like 10 pages of rules for every board and you can be banned for double posting. PM me for more info.

*cartwheel's out window*

Mr Cactuar
12-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Dude, EoFF should totally be like a high school.

And we can make gangs. And have a massive gang war. And the winning gang can get cake.

And MILF, he can get cake to.

Miriel
12-05-2007, 09:57 AM
We did have a massive gang war once. It was fantastic.

Mr Cactuar
12-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Twas there uzi? And pimpin tunes? And the beetches from the street?

Cos I would so be down with that.

And popularityz is funz.

Loony BoB
12-05-2007, 12:06 PM
He's right, guys. And it's all Psycotic's fault. I say we ban him.

Madame Adequate
12-05-2007, 12:14 PM

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

He's right, guys. And it's all Psycotic's fault. I say we ban him.

BAN PYSHOCITXC!

Edit: Roto? Banned for double posting? imo needs to be the rule here.

Vincent, Thunder God
12-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Mr. Impurity, I tend to agree with you, but I've found as Rebellion leader that when you are outright serious and directly criticize a group, it doesn't go down well, but when you inject humor into otherwise serious comments and include less criticisms, it has better results among the common populace. By directly criticizing the spammers, you now have many people ready to target you and pick battles with you, though if you had brought this up in a lighter manner it might have worked better. Also, naming names naturally invites trouble as well. ;)

Well why is it, then, that many a time the people who are trying to be funny that go way off topic are fine, but as soon as two members have something akin to a conversation in a thread, they're asked by a staff member to take it to PM's? Why is it that as soon as a related topic is brought up for more than one post, it MUST be separated into another topic?

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a little humorous spam, but if this is a place to "have fun and converse" why is it that conversation or related topics are given a greater priority to be labeled as spam and stifled?

NeoCracker
12-05-2007, 01:49 PM
I give up. You win. I'll post on topic.

First to the tread started.

Why should someone who makes more inteligent posts seem more popular.
I have been feeling like :skull::skull::skull::skull: this past week, and guys like Psycotic doing what the do and making me laugh makes my day a bit less :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty. Tell me, why the hell should someone who goes around being able to explain in detail why they think gays should get married and what not, be more popular or get more respect? Don't get me wrong, I do respect people who can clearly state their opinions and such, but thats got nothing on what a random spam post is able to do for poeple. Its not often that being able to express serious opinions is able to lift the spirits of someone who is down, but just stupid little jokes here and there can do a person a world of good.

Its not often I say this and mean it, but I think your opinion on popularity sucks.

Now to Vincent, I still highly doubt the legitimacy of your little revolution.

Markus. D
12-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Let's calm down a little everyone :]

Everyone has a style of posting hopefully unique to them, and also a majority of the people like a certain kind of post.

I myself find the short... mildly off-topic post that remains to the point~ absolute win.

Loony BoB
12-05-2007, 02:01 PM
A new thread can be started for a new topic. Stop spamming, people.

Slothy
12-05-2007, 02:07 PM

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

You beat me to it.

Anywho, on topic I guess; I don't know if the most popular people spam more than they contribute, but the people I like the most don't. Then again, I rarely come into General Chat, so I might just be missing a lot of the spam.

Momiji
12-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Thread starter: Why did you create a thread about it, nothing will change eoff. You even got owned by poetically pathetic, talk about embarrassing.

BoB told me to be nice so here goes:

Raebus, please don't talk to me in such very very insulting ways. :D

Anyway, to stay on topic: Spam is good in small doses when done right. Doing so to gain popularity is stupid, because the attention you get will be more negative than positive.

Raebus
12-05-2007, 02:15 PM
BoB said something similar to me so here goes:

I know I wasn't being serious but you didn't so, I apologize and I won't talk to you in such insulting ways.

That killed my soul.

Bunny
12-05-2007, 02:16 PM
My post in this thread got deleted. I can only assume that this is because I am not that popular and because the staff is inherently corrupt and only caters to those they have befriended or other members of the staff themselves. Who do I need to talk to in order to get both of these subjects rectified? I am seriously very angry because I was singled out in this thread for a spammy post when I have read several other posts that have been just as random and just as spammy. In fact, more spammy than my post was, because at least mine actually made comment on the topic at hand.

Momiji
12-05-2007, 02:17 PM

I know I wasn't being serious but you didn't so, I apologize and I won't talk to you in such insulting ways.

That killed my soul.

It's okay. I wasn't being serious either. *cue heartwarming music* Truce?

On-topic: See? We can all get along and be friends without spamming, because there is really no need for popularity in forums!...is there? If there is, it's rather overrated.

demondude
12-05-2007, 02:19 PM
I've been told to be nicer too.
So in a nicer way.... The moderators have been around for years and I'm sure they know what they are doing so I think the revolution is a little bit unnecessary.

Blah.

Raebus
12-05-2007, 02:19 PM

That killed my soul.

It's okay. I wasn't being serious either. *cue heartwarming music* Truce?

On-topic: See? We can all get along and be friends without spamming, because there is really no need for popularity in forums!...is there? If there is, it's rather overrated.

It shall be a truce.

and yeah, I agree with what you said.

*Attempts to be on topic*

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2007, 02:41 PM
:exdee:

I had a dream about this thread last night :p

This thread was my history classroom and the desks were all of the posts in there. Around the middle of the classroom was rubah's desk telling us to stop being so flamey and all of the desks after that had drawings of carrots on them.

Heath
12-05-2007, 02:53 PM

So, what's the weather like where you are?

Occasional spam is decent enough because it makes things a bit more interesting. I think you have a lot of it over an extended period of time it becomes stagnant, loses its charm and becomes more irritating.

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Mr. Impurity, I tend to agree with you, but I've found as Rebellion leader that when you are outright serious and directly criticize a group, it doesn't go down well, but when you inject humor into otherwise serious comments and include less criticisms, it has better results among the common populace. By directly criticizing the spammers, you now have many people ready to target you and pick battles with you, though if you had brought this up in a lighter manner it might have worked better. Also, naming names naturally invites trouble as well. ;)

Well why is it, then, that many a time the people who are trying to be funny that go way off topic are fine, but as soon as two members have something akin to a conversation in a thread, they're asked by a staff member to take it to PM's? Why is it that as soon as a related topic is brought up for more than one post, it MUST be separated into another topic?

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a little humorous spam, but if this is a place to "have fun and converse" why is it that conversation or related topics are given a greater priority to be labeled as spam and stifled?

Well thats the problem! If people cant have a serious coversation or the decency to relaise when people are trying to be serious, and not for them to have to put into another forum in order to have respect shown then whats the point in a forum?

Sure humour may help the atmosphere and if anyone had read my original post correctly then they would of realised that I said that spam shouldn't be eradicated just brought down to a reasonable level!

This has paralells with VTG's Rebellion thread which was trying to address a serious very real subject but that everyone proceeded to rip to pieces just because they thought it was "stupid". The thing is that people showed very little respect for what VTG was saying and are showing the same ignorant and irrespectful behavior now to me.

In fact this may surprising but it is actually been Phychotic who has got the closest to the spirit of the thread. He seems to of been more reasonable and more respectful of my ideas than anyone else!

I mean why does a topic have to in a special forum to even be remotely taken seriously? Arent you seeing ANYTHING wrong with that? Shouldnt repect for someones opinion and ideas stretch to all of the forum? Not just EoEO?

Momiji
12-05-2007, 04:48 PM
This has paralells with VTG's Rebellion thread which was trying to address a serious very real subject but that everyone proceeded to rip to pieces just because they thought it was "stupid". The thing is that people showed very little respect for what VTG was saying and are showing the same ignorant and irrespectful behavior now to me.

I mean why does a topic have to in a special forum to even be remotely taken seriously? Arent you seeing ANYTHING wrong with that? Shouldnt repect for someones opinion and ideas stretch to all of the forum? Not just EoEO?

I shall reiterate myself and many other people: If you don't like it, just leave! Please stop complaining. This futile revolution needs to end, not that it ever really started.

And no, nothing is wrong with having a 'special' forum for serious posts. General chat is for just that-- general chat. EoEO is for serious topics. If you wanted to be taken more seriously, you should have posted this thread there, but I will tell you now you will get the exact same reaction.

I'll admit the respect needs to stretch, but you need to stop being so damn touchy. In my eyes, people who keep complaining over pointless subjects do not deserve my respect. I will mind my manners, but I do not agree with you in the least.

Shauna
12-05-2007, 04:51 PM
Who cares this much about popularity on an internet forum anyway? I'm not terribly popular, and I really don't care. I'll talk to the people I enjoy talking to, regardless of whether they're popular.

Spam isn't all bad. If you want SRSBUZNES then go to EoEO. :p GC isn't the best place for a serious discussion. :p

Old Manus
12-05-2007, 04:51 PM
This thread is a perfect example of what happens when a forum gets too serious. Oh, the irony.

Fatal Impurity
12-05-2007, 05:00 PM
@Poetically Pathetic: Have you ever thought the reason society crumbles and degrades is because of not enough people caring/doing/complaining anything about it?

Just so you know the terrible "If you dont like it leave" argument is soooooo overused...you would think a poet like you would be more original than that huh?

I mean in case you forget I have just as much right to be here as you do! I'm sure there are other people that share my views on popularity on here as it's not such a hard thing to grasp...well for some people anyway.

You seem to be happy with whats going on right now...you seem happy with your little E-life and couldnt care what happens as long as it doesnt effect you right? Well for one this is classed as selfishness and also its people that have the same attitude as you that let things like global warming get out of hand.

Sure this may only be a forum but the premise is much the same...if people dont keep order then eventually things will degrade beyond comprehension.

Rye
12-05-2007, 05:12 PM
So... EoFF spam causes global warming? There you have it folks. :bigsmile:

Shauna
12-05-2007, 05:12 PM
You have a right to be here, yes, but you don't have to be here, if you don't like how things are run.

And yes, it may be a forum, but then, I don't care about popularity full stop. Are you serious ALL the time, off of the internet? No? Spamming can be like... those times in which you do something fun and crazy, and have a laugh. Without those times, I'm pretty sure life would hardly be worth living. ;D

Lol@EoFF being compared to global warming

Christmas
12-05-2007, 05:17 PM
This might be one of the crappiest RSL day. :(

Momiji
12-05-2007, 05:19 PM
@Poetically Pathetic: Have you ever thought the reason society crumbles and degrades is because of not enough people caring/doing/complaining anything about it?

Yes, but that is with issues that are...you know, actual issues.

Just so you know the terrible "If you dont like it leave" argument is soooooo overused...you would think a poet like you would be more original than that huh?

*sigh* Be not like the blooming flower that dies when the first frost comes.

I mean in case you forget I have just as much right to be here as you do! I'm sure there are other people that share my views on popularity on here as it's not such a hard thing to grasp...well for some people anyway.

That's right, you DO have just as much of a right to be here. And you do have a right to your views just as much as we have a right to say that they are beyond esoteric, and that you continually contradict yourself.

You seem to be happy with whats going on right now...you seem happy with your little E-life and couldnt care what happens as long as it doesnt effect you right? Well for one this is classed as selfishness and also its people that have the same attitude as you that let things like global warming get out of hand.

E-life is not real life. Get over it. And yes, I am quite happy with my 'little E-life', too. I like this forum and I went through countless others by heeding my own advice (if I don't like it, leave) until I came to this one. And this 'issue' does not affect you in the least, just because you yearn to be popular (I don't care what you say. Your actions reflect this), so you are trying to make it look like it affects you, and that we are all mean, horrible people and you're the poor innocent victim. Please, I beg of you, stop whining and grow up.

Sure this may only be a forum but the premise is much the same...if people dont keep order then eventually things will degrade beyond comprehension.

Such comparisons are like comparing a papercut to a stab in the heart.

Loony BoB
12-05-2007, 05:27 PM
There's no need to make personal comments or assumptions about people.

I personally don't see a problem with how EoFF works, at least not in this regard. People who post a lot are more likely to win Ciddies. This is factually correct because to win, you need to have more votes than any other member for the award. To get more votes than anyone else, people need to vote for you. For people to vote for you, they need to know you or at least know enough about you in order to believe that you are the most eligible to win that award, based on their knowledge of members at EoFF. If you only know one member, and that member happens to be funny, it would make sense for you to nominate and/or vote for that member as Funniest Member, right?

If you make a lot of posts, then people are more likely to get to know you as they are more likely to see your posts. They are more likely to read smaller posts, so it makes sense that people who are seen to be 'spammy' (make lots of small posts) are more likely to be well known and therefore more likely to win an award. Of course, it all depends on the award, as well.

Personally, I make a lot of posts that are short and a lot of posts - sort of like this one - that are long. I don't think I spam anymore, at least not very often at all. However I won three Ciddies.

I personally believe that there is a good balance between spam and sensible discussion at EoFF. I think that people have been spamming up this thread a bit too much and I've dealt to a lot of the posts, too, by deleting them. But I do disagree that on a whole only spammers become popular members.

I think that intelligence can make you popular if you use it to effect, and I certainly think that contributing to threads will make you popular. Do you think that The Captain spammed his way through EoFF? What about Big D? What about you - you're certainly making a name for yourself in the forums. I would say that Leeza is not a massive spammer. In fact, I don't think that the amount you spam makes a big difference at all. So long as you post effectively in one way or another, you should get noticed if you do it enough times. Or maybe you could be like a member named Del Snizz, who posts very rarely but is still quite popular purely because his posts are entertaining.

As for your claim that 50% of members spam and 50% only provide one or two posts that actually contribute, I find that to be ridiculous. I shall pick out a thread now from General Chat. Let's see... I'll pick a more 'serious' topic so you can see how well a serious topic can actually be without members having to resort to masses of spam.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/112759-what-art-you.html

In that thread, there are what, 14 posts? How many of them are spam? One? Two? I don't see many. All posts seem to contribute to the topic on some level. Also, in actuality, I would point out that there are 30,000 members at EoFF (well, close to it). If 100% of them mostly spammed, we would have a much more active message board. We don't have that many active members at all. If you're talking about "active members that post in General Chat" then I still disagree. In fact, as I believe this thread was inspirted by Christmas, I shall look for threads created by Christmas to see how well she contributes and/or spams.

There are currently two active threads in this forum started by Christmas. Both of them contribute on some level - one of them is a place for us to all gather and wish EoFF a happy birthday, while the other is where people can say things that they want to say about EoFF (something of which it seems you have a lot of ability to do!).

Beyond these two threads, there are happy birthday threads for individuals, which are commonplace and fully allowed. The people all tend to remain on topic in these threads, wishing the members in question a happy birthday.

She has made "An EoFF Tale" which I find to be a splendid contribution. It is a complete MS Paint-based comic telling a story involving various Eyes on Final Fantasy members. Everyone I know found it enjoyable.

The next non-birthday thread is posing the question: Do you respond to usernotes you receive by posting a reply in your own usernotes, or posting a reply in the usernotes of the person who gave you a usernote? This certainly isn't spam.

I could go on for some time, but basically I don't find that Christmas is very spammy, despite being the inspiration for this thread. She has won many Ciddies, showing she must be popular. Maybe she has spammed sometimes - but as you said, even you are not a saint. Spam is okay every now and then, so long as we can be serious, too.

So maybe you are looking at the number of posts in total? In which case, I should be the main culprit. I have more posts than anyone at EoFF. I don't feel I spam very often at all, not these days. Maybe you are looking at the number of posts made this year, though? Since I've been around for a long time, maybe it's more of a posts-per-day thing. In which case we might look at Hazzard - he has more posts per day than anyone I can think of off the top of my head. But most of them are relevant to wherever he is posting, so I don't see a problem there, either.

Maybe the problem is with a few people who like to joke around, and those jokers appear to be much more problematic because you notice them. But if you look deeper, I'm sure you'll find that everyone here is very capable of posting seriously and that both the more spammy members and the less spammy members are equally capable of being popular amongst our membership.

I hope that this reply has been of a serious and intelligent nature for you to understand that EoFF is not suffering from a major problem.

Goldenboko
12-05-2007, 08:07 PM
Someone's just pissed that they didn't win a Ciddie.
Grow up. We come here to relax, so people who are funny or amuse us we like best. And its only natural that people who post more win Ciddies, posting more gives you name recognition and you usually need at least 20 people to really know and like/appreciate you.

Roto13
12-05-2007, 08:11 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Comics/Peanuts1961072_resize_resize.gif

XxSephirothxX
12-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Directly criticizing people is often hurtful or rude, and there's almost always a more constructive way to present your argument. And yeah, sometimes adding in a little humor is a good idea. If this thread had been less dramatic, it very well might have received more serious responses and less of a general "You're wrong." type of response.

The way I see it, most of the time when people post a random comment/image or whatever, it is spam, and sometimes it's trash. But a lot of times those jokes, references, in-jokes, or outright silly things make the conversation more entertaining, and in general they can stay. But it's a really hard thing to put any sort of concrete label on.

I think you're exaggerating that anytime a new topic spawns within another one that it must be split off. That definitely doesn't happen all the time. In EoEO, topics are split because talk about one subject often begins to override the original topic which some people still want to talk about. So it makes sense to split it up. I think plenty of times conversations evolve somewhat and change focus without being split.

And I think, again, plenty of times members can have some back-and-forth in a topic, but it can become obvious that they're taking their own little commentary on the topic and just bouncing it back and forth between one another, eventually disrupting the flow of continued contribution. If two people want to continue said discussion, that's fine, but it's nicer for other people if the whole thread doesn't end up derailed that way!

I think the general consensus is that this just isn't really the case. There are spammy threads in Gen. Chat, and there are less spammy threads. BoB made a good example. From a few weeks ago, Jess was making a couple good threads a day and generally people were actually voicing opinions, just the way your normal conversation should be. You'll always see trends between more and less serious topics, and I think to say that EoFF is currently in some state of Dire Spammination is silliness. :p

Tavrobel
12-05-2007, 10:21 PM
You'll always see trends between more and less serious topics, and I think to say that EoFF is currently in some state of Dire Spammination is silliness. :p

Now, if only people had taken up the opportunity to spam that much during the Ciddies. Problem would be solved (or made worse from greed). Either way works.

This thread needs more serious cat.

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Wow, BoB...best post ever o_o