PDA

View Full Version : The DOOM RPG is awesome and you should download it

ReloadPsi
12-05-2007, 09:30 AM
For £2.50 (or the equivalent for your network and/or currency) I downloaded the DOOM RPG for my mobile phone a few months ago. Normally I hate portable gaming of all kinds but I figured that, since I love DOOM and since I'm fairly into RPGs (which figures; I'm using an FF-related community forum) I might as well get it since it was cheap and I had some free mobile internet minutes.

Wow. This game really impressed me. It's basically the same as DOOM but it's turn based and you get damage numbers. Elemental attacks and MP are replaced with weapons and ammunition (different weapons affect different enemies more; the basic axe works surprisingly well on Arch Viles, plus it's really funny killing Lost Souls with a fire extinguisher) and of course you level up, improving your accuracy, evasion and so on (also, the more enemies you kill, the more damage your guns seem to do. Yeah, figure that one out.)

I am basically recommending this game to anyone who's into either the RPG or FPS genre as this is blindingly fun for such a small amount of money. The only downside is that it's a tad easy, particularly if you play each level more than once.