PDA

View Full Version : "Sure You Want to Log Off?" Message

Agent0042
12-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Is there any way to disable this? It was slightly cute at first, but now its tiresome. No other forum I use does this. I'd rather "run the risk" of possibly logging off by accident every once in a while then having to deal with that tiresome message every time I want to log off.

Flying Mullet
12-05-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm strongly against turning this off.

There have been times in the past when I have accidentally clicked the "Log Out" link instead of the "Quick Links" link (I browse the forums by using the "New Posts" link) and having the verification of whether or not you really want to log off has saved my bacon numerous times.

Plus I think it's poor usability to not have a "Are you sure you want to do this?" message when doing something irreversible, like logging out, deleting a document, etc...

Shame on your other forums for not having this enabled. :(

rubah
12-05-2007, 07:01 PM
but then where would aeris go? :(

Agent0042
12-05-2007, 09:19 PM
To the Promised Land, where she belongs. Yuffie was the best female character in FFVII anyway.

Also, Flying Mullet, if you're so worried about it being turned off, there's a really simple answer --- offer your users a choice! Choices are good.

crono_logical
12-05-2007, 09:30 PM
I guess I could think about adding a user option in the CP, but enabled will be the default if so :p

Besides, it's a nice unique touch we've added for EoFF :monster:

Jessweeee♪
12-06-2007, 12:28 AM
A choice would be nice!

I can see how it would be annoying, but I REALLY don't wanna drag out the character map after accidentally logging out D:

Agent0042
12-06-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm already pretty much over it. But if a choice were implemented, that would be great. I can't specifically recall ever logging out of a site accidentally and for me, having it there just wastes more time than it saves.

crono_logical
12-09-2007, 07:29 AM
It doesn't actually waste any additional time, since a default vBulletin installation will also ask you - all ours does it change the page behind at the same time with a preloaded image :p I guess it might be slightly slow if your CPU is very old and doesn't like DHTML :p