PDA

View Full Version : wahhh ;__;

Jess
12-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Do you spend a lot of time around children? Do you like children, or can't you stand children? Have you ever had a job working with children? Do you have children?

Over the next two weeks I am working in a nursery for part of my Health and Social Care course. Hearing screaming children at 8.30 in the morning is not my ideal way to start the day. However, once it gets to about 11am I learn to cope and I begin to like the children because I am awake. but they all have lots of kidgerms and are making me ill. ;_;

I'm not used to little kids, so I think I'm still learning how to cope with them. Sure, they look cute but when you have to spend 8 hours a day with them the cuteness doesn't make up for all of the torture! The ones I'm working with are 0-5. I don't have any younger siblings (I only have one older brother) and most of my cousins are older than me too.

Discuss.

Zeldy
12-05-2007, 11:05 PM
I don't spend any time with kids, being the youngest I have never had to experience anyone younger. I was too young to remember younger cousins growing up. It's going to be such a big shock having kids of my own D:

rubah
12-05-2007, 11:07 PM
I am always pleased to spend time with nice well-behaved children because my own nephews have been so rambunctious

Aerith's Knight
12-05-2007, 11:11 PM
children for some reason really seem to like me.. i usually care for the smallest children (2-4) at church, when the rest is listening to the preach(muhahah not me).. so yes.. i like children.. and i dont have children :p.. but i wouldnt mind having a few.. so thats enough insight into my life.. quasi-static electromagnetics model.. big word to make you forget about the rest :p

Cookie
12-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I spend a fair bit of time with my 3 year old nephew. My sister's moving out soon, though, so I expect the time spent with him to drop dramatically. ;[;[

Jessweeee♪
12-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Kids are okay...don't like to spend too much time with them though....

I absolutely can NOT handle being near the obnoxious ones >.<

Raebus
12-05-2007, 11:42 PM
If you leave kids in front of a TV and supervised by yourself every 5 or 10 minutes, they aren't bothersome at all. You just have to remember to keep all alcohol out of their reach.

Rye
12-05-2007, 11:48 PM
I don't really like kids.

Which is bad because I'm going to be a Music Teacher. I'm aiming to be a High School teacher though, so I guess that's okay. xD

Marshall Banana
12-05-2007, 11:49 PM
When I was sixteen years old, I monitored all preschool students on my bus for a few months. There were a few instances in which one of them was sent to school despite having vomit on his clothes and blanket, and sometimes he would freak out for no obvious reason.

One of them, however, was a cute little girl who was sweet and quiet, and sometimes she fell asleep against my arm. I wish that all children acted like that. =O

Miriel
12-05-2007, 11:50 PM
I love kids. I love spending time with my little cousins. I love doing kids STUFF like water balloon fights and playing hide and seek. I'm a big kid at heart. I can't wait to have babies of my own someday. They are gonna be so super cute.

Markus. D
12-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Not into mass caring, but I can handle 1 or 2.

:]

Aerith's Knight
12-06-2007, 12:04 AM
I love kids. I love spending time with my little cousins. I love doing kids STUFF like water balloon fights and playing hide and seek. I'm a big kid at heart. I can't wait to have babies of my own someday. They are gonna be so super cute.

same here.. i think the only people who actually want to have kids are still a kid at heart(figure of speech, doesnt mean immature.. at least not always :p)

LunarWeaver
12-06-2007, 12:53 AM
I absolutely hate children. And I don't care if that makes me a horrible person. I would drop one in a volcano before I raised it.

Vermachtnis
12-06-2007, 12:55 AM

same here.. i think the only people who actually want to have kids are still a kid at heart(figure of speech, doesnt mean immature.. at least not always :p)

I third it! Water balloon hide and go seek at the same time is awesome. But I dunno if want a kid of my own, I get enough with my little cousins.

Tallulah
12-06-2007, 01:21 AM
I have my friends' little kids to hassle me when I go to their house. their oldest, Taylor, is such a bossy-boots, but he and his brother, George (or Gorgy, as he calls himself) are really good at bedtime, and don't fuss like most kids.

Also, they can be pacified with Lego. :D

Christmas
12-06-2007, 01:26 AM
OH YES, I LIKE CHILDREN! I JUST LIKE TO CUDDLE AND KISS THEM TILL THEY RAN OUT OF BREATH TO DO ANYTHING NAUGHTY. :bigsmile:

Aerith's Knight
12-06-2007, 01:35 AM
OH YES, I LIKE CHILDREN! I JUST LIKE TO CUDDLE AND KISS THEM TILL THEY RAN OUT OF BREATH TO DO ANYTHING NAUGHTY. :bigsmile:

i dont really know how to respond to this(for the first time in my life)

Hambone
12-06-2007, 03:54 AM
How do I put this...I like kids that have an I.Q of 115 or higher.

JerseyMage
12-06-2007, 04:08 AM
What do you guys think about having kids at 40? I mean most people will be living into their 80's anyway, so why not give yourself something to do at old age?

Clouded Sky
12-06-2007, 04:21 AM
I don't mind kids. Definitely don't want any of my own anytime soon, but, they're fun. Or at least that was the experience I had last summer, teaching English at a camp in Japan. I got to work with kids from 6-17, and they seemed for the most part all really nice. There were definitely some who were a bit rambuncious, but I liked them. I don't know if I like kids when they get any younger than that though.