PDA

View Full Version : O_O no...NOOOOO PLEASE NO!!!

Jessweeee♪
12-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Have you ever worked on something for school for an insanely long time or put a ton of effort into it and it was all just wasted?

Last year for Speech (I mean Communication Applications) we had to come up with an idea for a product. After two days of brainstorming our group decided on Ninja Button. For two weeks we worked on our posters, ads, and all of the criteria we needed to meet for the commercial. Time was up and we still hadn't shot the video. Luckily because one of our group members was sick for awhile we got lotsa extra time to perfect everything and shoot.

So we shoot the video, (I especially loved the part where we used our ninja buttons to make the ninjas play DBZ for us), and finally everything is done. Just in time!

Then we try and play it in class tomorrow and it wouldn't play. Our teacher said it absolutely HAD to be on a DVD, and that totally messed us up ; ;

The worst part is she's teaching my brother now and he says that she doesn't care anymore as long as they can see it.

Vermachtnis
12-06-2007, 03:08 AM
Nope, I never work too hard just for that reason.

Rostum
12-06-2007, 03:25 AM
Nope, I always keep backups of my work, and always make sure they are going to work on the medium I submit them in.

It's something you should highly consider putting into common practice with everything you do in projects and assignments. The real world doesn't listen to excuses.

blackmage_nuke
12-06-2007, 05:16 AM
Sometimes i make two copies of an assignment to hand in, in the very case that this sort of thing happens (it never has though)

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-06-2007, 05:26 AM
This is why I save like crazy when typing essays. That way, I do not lose them.

Araciel
12-12-2007, 01:38 PM
My dog ate it.

Heath
12-12-2007, 05:56 PM
I tend to only save when I stop writing something. For instance, even if I just stop to make a cup of tea or something, I'll save it. Obviously if I have no need to stop typing, I'll not save it. So I suppose I better hope I get distracted a lot. I have lost an essay before but, thankfully, it was the first draft and I'd already had it marked so it was simply a case of copying out the first draft and making appropriate changes.