PDA

View Full Version : New GTA IV Trailer "Move Up, Ladies."

Comet
12-07-2007, 12:06 AM
This is the third and final trailer for the new GTA installment set to release between February - April 2008.

YouTube - Grand Theft Auto IV - Trailer #3 "Move up, ladies" (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UTYMb79BPGc)

Shoeberto
12-07-2007, 04:44 AM
Oh wow...

Looks like it's going to be pretty amazing.

Psychotic
12-07-2007, 04:55 AM
I am a lifelong GTA fanboy and therefore I want to have sex with this product.

"Multiplayer will be accessible from Niko's mobile phone and will allow up to 16 players, with a possibility of open-ended gameplay and exploring the whole city." I. WANT. TO. HAVE. SEX. WITH. THIS. PRODUCT.

The trailer was cool, but I think it needed more shots of gameplay rather than consisting of a hell of a lot of cut scenes.

Markus. D
12-07-2007, 06:09 AM
I loved the series ever since San Andreas.

The open-ended sand-box-ness of it is prettyful~

XxSephirothxX
12-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Graphics aren't top-notch for the generation, but the idea of a living, breathing world that looks that good is phenomenal. And the acting and voiceover seem to be up to the unusually high Rockstar standard. "Well, when you put it that way, y'know..."

Cz
12-07-2007, 09:15 AM
This game looks interesting. I may consider purchasing it at some point in the future.

Madame Adequate
12-07-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm loving the voice acting. I'm loving the setting. I'm loving the look and feel. I'm wanting sex with this product as well now.

Mr Cactuar
12-07-2007, 11:07 AM
Brilliant. Yet another clip of ammo for Jack Thompson's inaccurate machine gun of 'GAMERZ ARE FAGZ' bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Seriously, when they keep making stupid games like this I can see where he's coming from. He's still wrong though.

Raebus
12-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Would you care to explain whats so stupid about it?

Mr Cactuar
12-07-2007, 01:43 PM
The fact that it's GTA. Since when has a GTA been good?

They're fun for maybe 30 mins. Then you realise how goddamn stupid the game is.

DK
12-07-2007, 02:26 PM
I will also be partaking in sex with this product. Especially that little multiplayer online deal. It's going to be awesome.

Raebus
12-07-2007, 02:40 PM
The fact that it's GTA. Since when has a GTA been good?

They're fun for maybe 30 mins. Then you realise how goddamn stupid the game is.

GTA = Great games.

They're fun for 30 hours and more for me. I disagree with your comment.

Old Manus
12-07-2007, 03:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/oldmanus/icame.jpg

Also, I thought the only GTA hater in the world was Joel, and after he went I assumed all would be at peace. Goddamn you, Mr. Cactuar.

Bolivar
12-07-2007, 06:06 PM
I really can't wait. I think this has been the best trailer. I'm considering getting a ps3 this holiday season, just sucks that this won't be coming out until feb-apr and mgs4 is coming later...

Shoeberto
12-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Graphics aren't top-notch for the generation, but the idea of a living, breathing world that looks that good is phenomenal.

The environmental graphics are still stunning, but I'm really happy that Rockstar has decided not to go hyper-realistic with the characters and still leave that cartoony feel to them. I think the art style is what's always kept the games unique from other blander sandbox games.

Madame Adequate
12-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Taking it to the full-on realism perspective would be a very tricky proposition in a game like GTA.

And yeah I also thought Joel was the only person who thought such about GTA :monster:

DK
12-07-2007, 07:12 PM
GTA hate, likes anime lesbianism, clearly a second account. Banhammer needs dropped

I always just figured the graphics in GTA were never perfect because making the whole world perfect would be bloody impossible. But I definitely wouldn't be complaining if we got some Assassin's Creed standard GTA

XxSephirothxX
12-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Agreed, GTA is one of the few instances where quantity overrides one aspect of quality. The world and vehicles and whatnot look fantastic, but I think the characters are still a little ugly or something, which is a shame because Rockstar's cutscenes are so fantastic. But no biggie, it's a huge step up from last generation and they'll hardly matter in the big picture assuming the game is as fun as usual.

Dreddz
12-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Well I dislike GTA games but dont hate them like Joel. I always thought the humor was done really well. But the games are too buggy and the gameplay is too basic and boring. Why is their such a lack of humor it in every trailer put out? That would be a bigger selling point to me than the same generic Scarface-esque story we've seen three times already. Im sure it wont matter to most people who seem to just play around in the game than care too much about the story.

LunarWeaver
12-07-2007, 08:32 PM
I haven't played a GTA game since III :aimmad: It's high time I played another, so I'm excited about this! And I played Bully and loved it. It left me with itches for more sandbox tasty. And a car instead of a bike.

Mr Cactuar
12-07-2007, 09:51 PM
I don't hate the game just dislike it and how it's just so material for Thompson. We might know better, but the general public are mostly morons. I find them to be uninteresting anyway. If I want to kill people, I'll stick to CSS, takes actual skill too.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with 'Joel' and a 2nd account.

Rostum
12-07-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm not too interested, it doesn't look like fun to me at all. But good on Rockstar for making something that will please the masses and ruffle Thompson's feathers.

Also, what is it about mainstream and hyper-realism? I find hyper-realism to be the most cheesiest of cheesies -- it's all about abstract!

Edit: Mr Cactuar = Joel? O_O;

Markus. D
12-07-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm not too interested, it doesn't look like fun to me at all. But good on Rockstar for making something that will please the masses and ruffle Thompson's feathers.

Also, what is it about mainstream and hyper-realism? I find hyper-realism to be the most cheesiest of cheesies -- it's all about abstract!

Edit: Mr Cactuar = Joel? O_O;

Oh, you would KNOW if it was Joel.

Madame Adequate
12-08-2007, 12:34 AM
I don't hate the game just dislike it and how it's just so material for Thompson.

But the alternative is to not make it simply because he'll make a lot of noise.

Roto13
12-08-2007, 01:43 AM
I hate GTA because Rockstar goes out of it's way to use it to stir up controversy. If they just let it be what it is, it'd be fine. (Boring, but I have no problem with people liking boring games. :P) Instead, they intentionally put in crap like Hot Coffee so people will make a big deal out of it and advertise it for them. They're like the video game developer version of Madonna.

Bolivar
12-08-2007, 02:01 AM
I hate GTA because Rockstar goes out of it's way to use it to stir up controversy. If they just let it be what it is, it'd be fine. (Boring, but I have no problem with people liking boring games. :P) Instead, they intentionally put in crap like Hot Coffee so people will make a big deal out of it and advertise it for them. They're like the video game developer version of Madonna.

I don't know about that...

Madame Adequate
12-08-2007, 02:57 AM

Uh no. They did not deliberately do anything with Hot Coffee. Before Hot Coffee broke, nobody even knew that you could get in trouble for things on the disc but inaccessable without hax.

Roto13
12-08-2007, 03:50 AM
That doesn't matter, though. All that matters is that people would complain about it. It's a well known fact that there are lots of people out there who like to take a look at everything in a game, whether it's used or not. (I can't do it, but we all know it can be done with a PC) They knew someone would find it, and they also knew that when they did, there would be a flood of backlash from soccer moms who think that sex is more harmful to their children than violence.

Honestly, if they didn't see this coming, none of them belong in the video game industry to begin with.

Psychotic
12-08-2007, 04:15 AM
Yet another clip of ammo for Jack Thompson's inaccurate machine gun of 'GAMERZ ARE FAGZ' bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.Yes, it probably is. But here's the kicker: Nobody gives a :skull::skull::skull::skull: what that raving lunatic has to say other than easily provoked gamers.

Mr Cactuar
12-08-2007, 04:29 AM
Yet another clip of ammo for Jack Thompson's inaccurate machine gun of 'GAMERZ ARE FAGZ' bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.Yes, it probably is. But here's the kicker: Nobody gives a :skull::skull::skull::skull: what that raving lunatic has to say other than easily provoked gamers.

And the general public like I said.

I'm with Roto. I couldn't care less about people playing crap games (unless they try to act 'uber 1337 pro zomg') but it's crap games like this that cause all the trouble and creates the image that all games are silly like it. All the GTA's are basically the same too, same graphics, same weapons, same stupid plot, same stupid everything.

And I am not this Joel person. I am Mr Cactuar, and that is that.

Roto13
12-08-2007, 04:32 AM
The general public doesn't listen to Jack Thompson either. :P It's not so much the fact that these people are actually sometimes right when they talk about GTA games, it's the fact that Rockstar causes this crap intentionally. They do things with no other purpose than to stir up controversy.

DK
12-08-2007, 03:02 PM
And here was me thinking they were a business trying to make a product that will generate lots of money because people want to buy it and play it! How silly of me. I should have known that Rockstar Games was just a front for a group of Anarchists to cause as much trouble as possible.

Seriously, you do talk out of your arse sometimes.

Comet
12-08-2007, 03:30 PM
And here was me thinking they were a business trying to make a product that will generate lots of money because people want to buy it and play it! How silly of me. I should have known that Rockstar Games was just a front for a group of Anarchists to cause as much trouble as possible.

Spoken like a true EoFFer!

Roto13
12-08-2007, 07:20 PM

Don't act dumb. They stir up the crap to get attention to generate SALES.

DK
12-08-2007, 07:23 PM
No :skull::skull::skull::skull: sherlock. That was my point.

Anything that brings more publicity to them and their company is only good from a business standpoint. Claiming they do thinks just to be controversial for the sake of it was stupid. :monster:

Roto13
12-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Well I guess I'm just old-fasioned and I don't see that as a respectable marketing practice.

EDIT: I'm not claiming they're doing it just to be controversial, I know they're doing it to be controversial to drum up sales. I just think it's sleazy to do it that way when there are lots of games out there generating hype and attention by actually doing something interesting.

Psychotic
12-08-2007, 07:26 PM
And the general public like I said. Uh...I don't think the general public even know who Jack Thompson is, much less care about what he has to say.

Bolivar
12-08-2007, 11:29 PM
Well I guess I'm just old-fasioned and I don't see that as a respectable marketing practice.

EDIT: I'm not claiming they're doing it just to be controversial, I know they're doing it to be controversial to drum up sales. I just think it's sleazy to do it that way when there are lots of games out there generating hype and attention by actually doing something interesting.

But GTA3 did do something interesting, it gave birth to a whole new model for making games, and will always be remembered as one of the defining games for the PS2. The controversy came to them on that one, not the other way around.

Maybe some other of their releases did indeed rely on controversy (something about a homoerotic boys school), but the GTA franchise is carved in stone as far as the video game industry goes. They make those games to satisfy the demand for a new title.

Madame Adequate
12-09-2007, 12:21 AM
That doesn't matter, though. All that matters is that people would complain about it. It's a well known fact that there are lots of people out there who like to take a look at everything in a game, whether it's used or not.

Generally speaking, the kind of people who figure out all this crap in games tend not to have hotlines to the media, or in fact anyone at all barring fansites. And yes, it does matter in fact - it set a new precident regarding information on the disc but inaccessable to the normal gamer.

They knew someone would find it, and they also knew that when they did, there would be a flood of backlash from soccer moms who think that sex is more harmful to their children than violence.

No, seriously, stop talking bum. That's like saying that Squeenix should be prescient and know what happens on this forum when they release FFXIII. In actuality I wager they expected a few people would find it, share it on some obscure forums or whatever, and that would be that. Besides which, R* have MORE than enough in their games to stir up sufficient controversy without using methods like this. There's also the point that they have every right to make controversy over things that shouldn't be controversial.

Honestly, if they didn't see this coming, none of them belong in the video game industry to begin with.

I'm glad you're on the case, Cassandra.

Roto13
12-09-2007, 01:25 AM
Every company should know what is in their games. That much isn't even arguable. I mean, if they didn't intend to use Hot Coffee and they didn't want anyone to see it, they would have taken it out completely. Honestly, how San Andreas any more revolutionary than Vice City any more revolutionary that GTA 3? They got it right once, and instead of actually improving anything, they took the cheap way out and used crap like this to push their game. It's pathetic.

Bolivar
12-09-2007, 02:46 AM
Every company should know what is in their games. That much isn't even arguable. I mean, if they didn't intend to use Hot Coffee and they didn't want anyone to see it, they would have taken it out completely. Honestly, how San Andreas any more revolutionary than Vice City any more revolutionary that GTA 3? They got it right once, and instead of actually improving anything, they took the cheap way out and used crap like this to push their game. It's pathetic.

You can say that about any game series!

DK
12-09-2007, 06:07 AM
Yeah, they did "crap like this" to sell more copies of a game that had already sold in excess of 12 million copies 3 months before the content was even discovered (http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=157255). Awesome deduction skills there.

XxSephirothxX
12-09-2007, 06:20 AM
San Andreas made some pretty big leaps over Vice City. The inclusion of far more real-to-life activities and minigames such as basketball, gambling, the ability to ride a bike (which I found surprisingly fun, really), not to mention a fairly deep skill system that rewarded you for honing your skills by increasing your strength, endurance, health, driving skill, weapon skill, etc. It also had a much better targeting system, the ability to climb fences/buildings--in general, much cleaner interactivity with the world.

And add on top of that the fact that Rockstar has some of the best movie-esque plotlines and top-notch acting in the industry. Even if San Andreas hadn't been as much of an improvement as it was, it still had a good plot and solid characters. Lots of people play JRPGs because they think the stories are cool and are willing to sit through lame random battles, and the GTA games are pretty much the epitome of good western storytelling in game form.

Hazzard
12-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Carl Johnson is the best!!!

DK
12-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Tommy Vercetti > Daylight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carl Johnson

Roto13
12-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Yeah, they did "crap like this" to sell more copies of a game that had already sold in excess of 12 million copies 3 months before the content was even discovered (http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=157255). Awesome deduction skills there.

And if it hadn't been banned from most stores, it most likely would have seen a surge. Of course it's popular enough to succeed without the publicity stunt, but they got greedy. This is the way they do things. That's why they kept talking about Bully like it was a bully simulator when it was in development.

Mr Cactuar
12-09-2007, 07:55 AM
San Andreas made some pretty big leaps over Vice City. The inclusion of far more real-to-life activities and minigames such as basketball, gambling, the ability to ride a bike (which I found surprisingly fun, really), not to mention a fairly deep skill system that rewarded you for honing your skills by increasing your strength, endurance, health, driving skill, weapon skill, etc. It also had a much better targeting system, the ability to climb fences/buildings--in general, much cleaner interactivity with the world.

And add on top of that the fact that Rockstar has some of the best movie-esque plotlines and top-notch acting in the industry. Even if San Andreas hadn't been as much of an improvement as it was, it still had a good plot and solid characters. Lots of people play JRPGs because they think the stories are cool and are willing to sit through lame random battles, and the GTA games are pretty much the epitome of good western storytelling in game form.

Well then why are you on a forum made for JRPG's?

How does San Andreas have a good story? I bought it 2 years ago when it came out (when I was a noob) because my friend had it. The story part sucked, the only thing I ever did was go around killing people. Which was the only fun part. The whole stats thing was pointless because who actually cares? The bunch of prepubescent little boys who are 90% of the people who play the stupid series?

No, because they, like everyone else who plays the game, uses cheats.

XxSephirothxX
12-09-2007, 08:05 AM
When did I say I didn't like the stories in some JRPGs? :p

The statements "when I was a noob" and "the only thing I ever did was go around killing people" do not attest very strongly to the fact that you devoted enough time to the story to see any sort of development in the characters, which are obviously Rockstar's strong point.

And claiming that the, oh, I don't know, 20 or 30 million people who bought these games used cheats is just silly, and is about the same stereotypical insult that's been thrown around about the series since 2001.

Hazzard
12-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Mr Cactuar - You've basically given no real solid reasons why you think the series is flawed. I personally think it's one of the best gaming series at present, and that GTA has a bright future. You can't just claim the game's awful, because of your own hateful opinion towards it, most GTA players would say it was a wonderful experience, and I agree with them.

Like Azar has stated, the story plot, the characters, and the game in general was crafted properly into a great game.

demondude
12-09-2007, 09:46 AM
I have no problem with the GTA series but there are better games out at the moment.

Hazzard
12-09-2007, 12:28 PM
I have no problem with the GTA series but there are better games out at the moment.

Well, you can't really say that, because the newest GTA installment hasn't came out yet, and can't exactly be judged. Ya know...:rolleyes2

Madame Adequate
12-09-2007, 12:52 PM

Every company DOES know what is in their games. Until Hot Coffee, however, it was not thought that you could get into trouble for things not in the game and which could only be accessed with considerable work. You don't open up Hot Coffee by just slapping in a cheat code or something, you know.

And if it hadn't been banned from most stores, it most likely would have seen a surge. Of course it's popular enough to succeed without the publicity stunt, but they got greedy. This is the way they do things. That's why they kept talking about Bully like it was a bully simulator when it was in development.

Didn't seem that way to me in previews of Bully. The name itself might, but on the other hand they call GTA Grand Theft Auto, not Murder One or Killing Spree.

How does San Andreas have a good story? I bought it 2 years ago when it came out (when I was a noob) because my friend had it. The story part sucked, the only thing I ever did was go around killing people. Which was the only fun part. The whole stats thing was pointless because who actually cares? The bunch of prepubescent little boys who are 90% of the people who play the stupid series?

You know, insulting people you're trying to persuade doesn't tend to be that awesome a tactic. :monster: That aside the stories in GTA games are exceptionally good. I only use cheats in GTA games after I've finished them, and even then it's usually only to do things that need cheats, like the one that makes everyone riot. Not that I see why using cheats is such a bad thing; if it adds to the fun of the game, why not cheat?

Hazzard
12-09-2007, 12:57 PM
I despise cheating in GTA, the only exceptional cheat is to recover all weapons after you're wasted.

Hehehe...I love it...

Northcrest
12-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Okay I'm not allowed to play certain rated M games including Grand theft Auto. Though I have 2 cousins who have Vice City and San Andres. They both lemme play for about 3hrs while doing missions it was very fun. Even though I can't say that this game is strongly good or strongly bad like what Mr Cactuar was saying if u had more meaning into why u hate grand theft auto i might actually try to sympatize with u. Seeing what flaws that grand theft auto have.

Mr Cactuar
12-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Mr Cactuar - You've basically given no real solid reasons why you think the series is flawed. I personally think it's one of the best gaming series at present, and that GTA has a bright future. You can't just claim the game's awful, because of your own hateful opinion towards it, most GTA players would say it was a wonderful experience, and I agree with them.

Like Azar has stated, the story plot, the characters, and the game in general was crafted properly into a great game.

And you can't just claim the game is great because of your own experience with the game.

How are my points flawed? I see little point in playing the game when there are much better games out there to be played. I applaud GTA for it's sandbox ability, but, for me, everything else just isn't so good. I do not see how you can fall in love with some ex-con who just goes around killing people, with a gang. He doesn't even do it cool-ish.

One of the better gaming series at the present? Are you kidding me? All of them are either the same game with a different city name or a spinoff on the PSP.

When did I say I didn't like the stories in some JRPGs? :p

The statements "when I was a noob" and "the only thing I ever did was go around killing people" do not attest very strongly to the fact that you devoted enough time to the story to see any sort of development in the characters, which are obviously Rockstar's strong point.

And claiming that the, oh, I don't know, 20 or 30 million people who bought these games used cheats is just silly, and is about the same stereotypical insult that's been thrown around about the series since 2001.

And like I said the reason why all I did was kill people was because the story part sucked. I'd wager that 2/3-3/4 of the people who bought them are 15- or a casual/noob and definetly used cheats.

Roto13
12-09-2007, 06:49 PM

Every company DOES know what is in their games. Until Hot Coffee, however, it was not thought that you could get into trouble for things not in the game and which could only be accessed with considerable work. You don't open up Hot Coffee by just slapping in a cheat code or something, you know.

Someone should probably warn them that fire is really hot, and not to stick their keys in an electrical outlet. It doesn't need to be hard to be accessible. It just needs to be accessible. Honestly, anyone who doesn't know that people are going to get upset over that kind of content, and on top of that doesn't know that people would eventually find that kind of content, especially in a PC game, they need serious help. Honestly.

[QUOTE=DK;2375645]Yeah, they did "crap like this" to sell more copies of a game that had already sold in excess of 12 million copies 3 months before the content was even discovered (http://ir.take2games.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=157255). Awesome deduction skills there.

Didn't seem that way to me in previews of Bully. The name itself might, but on the other hand they call GTA Grand Theft Auto, not Murder One or Killing Spree.

Then you weren't paying attention. I'll scan the EGM article when I get home. Hell, even just the name is asking for trouble. They might as well make a game called "puppy slaughter." Like I said, either it's all intentional or they're just really, really stupid.

Old Manus
12-09-2007, 07:24 PM
They might as well make a game called "puppy slaughter."Hell yes.

Raebus
12-09-2007, 07:26 PM
That would be an awesome name for a game, they could put lots of different styles of deaths into it.

LunarWeaver
12-09-2007, 07:39 PM
I don't care for all the controversy crap - no matter what the real dealio is - as long as the actual product is good :jess:. Everybody makes a big deal out of everything anymore, and it's best to just ignore it.

Psychotic
12-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Bully was a pretty good game too, you know. To those of you who don't think that cynical and intentional controversy makes a game bad, I highly recommend you check it out to tide you over until IV. It doesn't have cheats either, I don't think! Everyone's a winner!

Hazzard
12-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Bully was alright, but it took me like seven hours to complete it; didn't live up to the hype...

Raebus
12-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Bully was a brilliant game, you're just the new kid helping people out and protecting people from the real bullies. It was hilarious too at times.

LunarWeaver
12-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Bully took me, like, 20 hours to complete xD Maybe I'm just slow. I thought Bully was amazing. And it taught me wearing a bunny suit at Halloween is acceptable.

Psychotic
12-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Bully was alright, but it took me like seven hours to complete it; didn't live up to the hype...Oh come on, what's not to like about charging into the school cafeteria in just a speedo and a mask, and then promptly starting a food fight?

It's much more of a social sandbox than GTA is, I think. Especially because every single person in the game (well, maybe the adult NPCs in the town of Bullworth don't, but balls to them) has a name and personality.

XxSephirothxX
12-09-2007, 07:52 PM

Hasn't this sort of unused code pretty commonly been left in games? I can think of a couple examples--the testing level in Wind Waker, and the cut dam level in Goldeneye. I believe those both contained areas/content that was left on the disc and meant to be inaccessible, but players unearthed them using a gameshark/other hacking means. It was pretty dumb to leave more controversial material on a disc, but I don't think the practice is especially uncommon.

Hazzard
12-09-2007, 07:57 PM
The ending of Bully really disappointed me, before that I had a high opinion of it, but oh well...

The only thing I can nip-pick about GTA is the fact that hardly any of the NPC's have originality, not; Ryder, Big Smoke, Tenpenny and those guys, but random people in the street - They had the same character designs, and you could walk past at least four of the same sprites on one road. Pretty sad at times, but not a big deal.

Roto13
12-09-2007, 08:07 PM

Hasn't this sort of unused code pretty commonly been left in games? I can think of a couple examples--the testing level in Wind Waker, and the cut dam level in Goldeneye. I believe those both contained areas/content that was left on the disc and meant to be inaccessible, but players unearthed them using a gameshark/other hacking means. It was pretty dumb to leave more controversial material on a disc, but I don't think the practice is especially uncommon.

Yes, it's really common. Ocarina of Time even has an arwing enemy in the code that can only be accessed by a cheat device. Those are more examples of unused code eventually being found by hackers, which is just more reason for Rockstar to remove anything that would get them in trouble if it was found. (I'm not buying this "They didn't know they could get in trouble for unused code" crap. Why WOULDN'T they get in trouble for it? Because they're so well loved and not at all demonized by the media?)

I don't even particularly care about the quality of the games. Bully might be the greatest thing ever made. I'm more annoyed with Rockstar's bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: marketing practices. They have nothing to do with the quality of the game and in the end, they just hurt the image of the entire industry and alienate non-gamers. I don't like GTA because the gameplay doesn't appeal to me, but I don't hate it. I hate the company that makes it.

Comet
12-09-2007, 08:08 PM
The ending of Bully really disappointed me, before that I had a high opinion of it, but oh well...

The only thing I can nip-pick about GTA is the fact that hardly any of the NPC's have originality, not; Ryder, Big Smoke, Tenpenny and those guys, but random people in the street - They had the same character designs, and you could walk past at least four of the same sprites on one road. Pretty sad at times, but not a big deal.

Yeah, it's pretty weird when you see like 10 people looking exactly the same next to each other, walking in the same manner and pattern. But in GTA IV, rockstar have said that there is more character designs and people are much more sociable now: they now smoke cigarettes, go shopping, read on benches and walk in and out of buildings.

Hazzard
12-09-2007, 08:19 PM
That's what I like to hear.

Old Manus
12-09-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm sure if Rockstar had the ability to create more NPC designs, they would have done. They had to sacrifice a lot of the snazzy graphics as it was, otherwise the game would get too large.

Mr Cactuar
12-09-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't even particularly care about the quality of the games. Bully might be the greatest thing ever made. I'm more annoyed with Rockstar's bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: marketing practices. They have nothing to do with the quality of the game and in the end, they just hurt the image of the entire industry and alienate non-gamers. I don't like GTA because the gameplay doesn't appeal to me, but I don't hate it. I hate the company that makes it.

Quoted for the ab-fab truth.

Raebus
12-09-2007, 10:12 PM
I have a different opinion and will not be moved onto another opinion just because it's supposedly "ab-fab truth".

Madame Adequate
12-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Yes, it's really common. Ocarina of Time even has an arwing enemy in the code that can only be accessed by a cheat device. Those are more examples of unused code eventually being found by hackers, which is just more reason for Rockstar to remove anything that would get them in trouble if it was found. (I'm not buying this "They didn't know they could get in trouble for unused code" crap. Why WOULDN'T they get in trouble for it? Because they're so well loved and not at all demonized by the media?)

Because no other company, ever, has ever got in trouble for it, ever? Because the idea of the ESRB rating content you cannot access without hax is as daft as a waterproof teabag? Because the exact commonality of leaving data on the disc led to a reasonable presumption that it was a fair thing to do?

Honestly. Next up games will be rated according to user mods.

Roto13
12-10-2007, 12:20 AM

Because no other company, ever, has ever got in trouble for it, ever? Because the idea of the ESRB rating content you cannot access without hax is as daft as a waterproof teabag? Because the exact commonality of leaving data on the disc led to a reasonable presumption that it was a fair thing to do?

Honestly. Next up games will be rated according to user mods.

No other company, ever, has done something this stupid with it, ever. I never even mentioned the ESRB. The exact commonality of leaving data on the disc and people FINDING that data should have lead to the reasonable presumption that people would find it and it would cause trouble.

Honestly. User mods are made by users. Hot Coffee was made by Rockstar. If someone mods Halflife and makes Gman hump a wall, that's one thing. Finding something that was already there is something else.

Rockstar made a scene with two people having sex and put it on a disc and sold it to millions of people without them knowing.

Madame Adequate
12-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Rockstar made a scene with two people having sex and put it on a disc and sold it to millions of people without them knowing.

I... I... I don't even know what to do except *headdesk*

Roto13
12-10-2007, 12:28 AM

I... I... I don't even know what to do except *headdesk*

You could gain some common sense. There's a suggestion.

XxSephirothxX
12-10-2007, 12:38 AM
And you could be a little less insulting. :monster: I suggest you guys drop the line of conversation since it's about to devolve into petty squabble and really has little to do with the new trailer for GTA IV.

Madame Adequate
12-10-2007, 12:43 AM
I was gonna, until a CK told me to, at which point doing so would make it look like it was the CK's idea rather than my own.

Roto you smell like bum. :grover:

XxSephirothxX
12-10-2007, 12:45 AM
I hope chairs can be used as melee weapons in GTAIV so I can break one over your head in online multiplayer.

Roto13
12-10-2007, 12:46 AM
I was gonna, until a CK told me to, at which point doing so would make it look like it was the CK's idea rather than my own.

Roto you smell like bum. :grover:

Your MOM smells like bum.

Madame Adequate
12-10-2007, 12:47 AM
I hope chairs can be used as melee weapons in GTAIV so I can break one over your head in online multiplayer.

Can you smell what the MILF is cookin'?

It's apple pie.

Cookie
12-10-2007, 12:48 AM
I can only hope/pray that I score a PS3 or a 360 before this comes out. ;[;[

DK
12-10-2007, 05:38 AM
And you could be a little less insulting. :monster: I suggest you guys drop the line of conversation since it's about to devolve into petty squabble and really has little to do with the new trailer for GTA IV.

hahaha you two got told by a ginger, awesome

Roto13
12-10-2007, 05:44 AM

hahaha you two got told by a ginger, awesome
You smell like FESTERING bum.

DK
12-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Not all of us can have that fresh urinal cake scent. We're not that brave :(

Roto13
12-10-2007, 06:32 AM
That will amuse you forever. xP

Hazzard
12-10-2007, 10:00 AM
What exactly does this have to do with the new GTA IV trailer?

I hope this main character will have a bit of class and swagger about him later on in the game, I made CJ a billionaire hitman, baby...!!!

edczxcvbnm
12-10-2007, 02:51 PM
I was excited for this game until I found out more about the game. City is gonna be way too big and realistic and thus will not be as fun. Vice City and GTA III are far more fun to go back and mess around in than San Andres.

DK
12-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I hope this main character will have a bit of class and swagger about him later on in the game, I made CJ a billionaire hitman, baby...!!!

I'll keep my gritty Russian, thanks. I don't want to be running around as Roman Abramovich.

Psychotic
12-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I heard he was gonna be Albanian, not Russian.

Also, the countryside was absolutely awesome and I am not pleased that it won't be in this game.

Hazzard
12-10-2007, 05:22 PM
He's definitely Russian, and my bro told me he was gonna make the main exactly like Roman Abramovich...:jess:

What a coincidence...lol :)

Psychotic
12-10-2007, 05:27 PM
OXM: You've talked about picking culturally different neighbourhoods. Can you reveal any of the gang cultures apart from the Russians?
Dan Houser: I can't reveal gangs too much yet, but one of the things that appealed to us about a) this character (who isn't actually Russian, he's from Eastern Europe)

DK
12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
It's all the same, the important thing is keeping him a gritty eastern bloc guy and not some flash harry.

Comet
12-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Yeah, he is Eastern European, but he just immigrated from Moscow.

Psychotic
12-10-2007, 05:50 PM
It's all the same, the important thing is keeping him a gritty eastern bloc guy and not some flash harry.But that's the whole point of the entire exercise. Poor immigrant comes to America, gets in with the wrong crowd in order to pay the bills, and then works his way up to the top of his gang after betraying his mentor, the figurehead of the gang. He then goes wild on excess, becomes a "flash harry" ("fancy dan" is the term I'd use :)) in snazzy suits, lives in a flash mansion with a wife who hates him, develops a coke habit and eventually gets killed/arrested. Such is the circle of gangster life.

Hazzard
12-10-2007, 06:28 PM
That sounds a lot like Vice City, and Tommy Vercetti's story.

Vivisteiner
12-10-2007, 06:52 PM
GTA is fun for the first hour or so, and then it gets boring.

I'll probably still buy GTAIV (I didn't get San Andreas)

Hazzard
12-10-2007, 07:02 PM
(I didn't get San Andreas)

Hmph...No wonder why you thought it was boring, if you got the big one, I'm sure you would of thought differently. :rolleyes2

Vivisteiner
12-10-2007, 07:37 PM
^I got Vice City. I mean, how much better is San Andreas supposed to be?

Hazzard
12-10-2007, 07:52 PM
A whole much more better, well, if you're interested in a story of a ghetto hustler rising through the gang warfare into a fully qualified hitman, and business man. Superb game at the highest standards, and never leaves you bored for a second. Great replay value ( played it like 3 times) and captivating plot, with a excellent mixture of characters to divulge into.

edczxcvbnm
12-10-2007, 08:58 PM
San Andres is a better play through but a far worse game for picking up and having fun. Too Big and takes too much time to travel around and get stuff just to have some quick fun. The other two were better at that.

Hazzard
12-10-2007, 09:06 PM
San Andres is a better play through but a far worse game for picking up and having fun. Too Big and takes too much time to travel around and get stuff just to have some quick fun. The other two were better at that.

I actually loved the wide, open landscape in San Andreas. It was very realistic, and I enjoyed the countryside trips, especially when listening to K-Rose with Catalina in the passenger's seat, mouthing off to CJ all the time. :p

The memories come flushing back. Everything in the game appealed to me, to be frank.

MecaKane
12-10-2007, 09:49 PM

Totally Joel.
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/60423-grand-theft-auto.html
Holy :skull::skull::skull::skull: that was 2 years ago, lame!

XxSephirothxX
12-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Of course it does, because Vice City is an homage to Scarface, which is, you know, one of the most famous gangster films of all time. The Vice City mansion is more than a bit similar. :p

Mr Cactuar
12-11-2007, 01:06 AM

Totally Joel.
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/60423-grand-theft-auto.html
Holy :skull::skull::skull::skull: that was 2 years ago, lame!

Yerh, totally, random person I do not know at all yet because I dislike GTA I totally must be a banned member. Please, do not call me someone who I am not. Irritates me.

Raebus
12-11-2007, 01:14 AM
Edited due to various reasons, it was a funny post though.

fire_of_avalon
12-11-2007, 01:15 AM
STFU douchebags. I mean it. (Raebus and Kane).

Hazzard
12-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Of course it does, because Vice City is an homage to Scarface, which is, you know, one of the most famous gangster films of all time. The Vice City mansion is more than a bit similar. :p

You learn something new everyday, huh? :)