PDA

View Full Version : Bah! Another reason to hate driving to school.

NeoTifa
12-07-2007, 01:51 AM
so me and my friend are on teh way to school, me driving, and this gay van was outta gas in the middle of the road in front of my school. so every body slows down, im like 3 cars behind the van, and we're all going like 5-10 mph, but this a-hole old dude decided to be a rebel and, .... uh.... not stop. yea, that sucked, cuz my mom said a week ago when my uncle ran into a pole w/ her car, 3rd times a charm and itd be totalled. lol it was. so it hurts alot and i just took my "happy candies" and... uh..... yea.... :hyper: :whoa:

so have you ever gotten into any wrecks? discuss:monster:

Aerith's Knight
12-07-2007, 01:54 AM
i think there was a thread like this a couple days ago.. but not me.. although if youd share your happy candies.. :p

NeoTifa
12-07-2007, 02:06 AM
eh heh heh, my mom already hit me up :( i jarred my hips and gots bad whiplash, but we get a cool rental car, and i gets monies!!!! yay go me!

Aerith's Knight
12-07-2007, 02:07 AM
autch.. sounds painfull though.. are you gonna be alright?

Rengori
12-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Nope, but I know my dad has totalled at least 2 rental cars.

NeoTifa
12-07-2007, 02:19 AM
lol. that sucks

im fine btw thnx. im sore, bout it

2nd wreck.

Breine
12-07-2007, 12:42 PM
I don't have a driver's licence, so nope no wrecks for me.

Fonzie
12-07-2007, 01:42 PM
I see they've begun to put poles in the middle of the streets for people to purposely to hit 'em.

Vermachtnis
12-07-2007, 01:54 PM
"Don't crash. Don't learn. Be happy."

I've never been in a crash, but I got stuck behind one last Sunday. I finished a bag of cheese doodles waiting for them to clear everything. I was like the fifth car back, so I had to wait a while.

Jessweeee♪
12-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Just once on the way to kindergarten o:

Someone ran a red light and my folder scratched my eye while we were spinning :kaocry:

Jess
12-07-2007, 04:31 PM
I've never been involved in a crash with myself or anybody else driving.

I'm too scared of having a crash so I drive pretty safe. I think I'll be the same when I get my full license. :jess:

Aerith's Knight
12-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I've never been involved in a crash with myself or anybody else driving.

I'm too scared of having a crash so I drive pretty safe. I think I'll be the same when I get my full license. :jess:

what other license is there? :eyebrow:

Jess
12-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Provisional license. xD

LunarWeaver
12-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Could you hook this gay van up with my car? Maybe then it can be happy and stop eating chocolate all the time D:<

I've never been in any real accident. But I have hit a few parked vehicles in my day. Yeah, doesn't count.

NeoTifa
12-07-2007, 05:46 PM
lol my mom was driving in my first one, but the second one wasnt my fault. i drive real careful like, ya know? i thought if i drove really really good yesterday that i wouldnt wreck, but ... um... i forgot other people drive too :\

Aerith's Knight
12-07-2007, 06:07 PM
lol my mom was driving in my first one, but the second one wasnt my fault. i drive real careful like, ya know? i thought if i drove really really good yesterday that i wouldnt wreck, but ... um... i forgot other people drive too :\

there are some bad drivers out there.. making mistakes no one would make.. and then they dont even have the reflexes to correct their mistakes grrr:mad:

rubah
12-07-2007, 06:40 PM
I've never caused any wrecks or was driving when someone else caused them, and it's been since 3rd grade that I've been in one at all.

(close shaves don't count)

Aerith's Knight
12-07-2007, 07:00 PM
I've never caused any wrecks or was driving when someone else caused them, and it's been since 3rd grade that I've been in one at all.

tell that to your windshield mirror

Peegee
12-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Cars suddenly stopped on the highway one morning and I was able to stop safely. However the car behind me and the truck behind that car did not stop safely, and smashed into me and each other.

Fun times.

rubah
12-07-2007, 08:00 PM

tell that to your windshield mirror

if your mirror goes that's not a close shave, that's a knick xD

Also I feel I should talk about my two.five year drive to school:

It starts off on an innocent dirt road, one that the sun shines straight down at some time in late winter early spring. Couple that with fog dusty windshield and frosts, it made for a couple of times where I had to drive down the road just kinda guessing where it was. One of those times actually had a man in another car in front of me! I had to follow his shadow.

Winter mornings, my heater would either kick in when I got to the house where a friend I drove often lived or when I was about thirty seconds down the mountain, with four minutes left to my drive.

At the base, there is a kinda blind curve at an interstate exit with all sorts of people and trucks wanting to turn left to go into town, so it's second nature to brake right after you go past the baptist church's curve.

Once over the interstate bridge, you have to then look out for east bound traffic trying to egress, because they're closer to the highway's intersection, they're more desperate since there's more cars there.

Once you actually get up to the intersection (it's a 2-way stop that I must go straight across), there are often semi trucks that like to turn left, and they get desperate, however when I drove there were massive amounts of trees (since bulldozed) so you had to pull up far to see if there was traffic coming, then back up quickly so you wouldn't be clipped by a semi.

If there were a bunch of cars trying to go straight, I would be tempted to turn right then pull in at a diner about 1/16 of a mile down the road and pull a 180 in the parking lot to head back, but it always seemed the cars got through by then. oh wellz

Then there was a traintrack before I got to school, so some mornings I sat and listened to music for five minutes insteadof going around (two mile drive). I was always ten minutes early for school so I didn't worry much.

Bowser
12-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Just once on the way to kindergarten o:

Someone ran a red light and my folder scratched my eye while we were spinning :kaocry:

Is it bad that that made me crack up? :p

Anyway, I haven't been in any accidents. I like to believe that I'm a good driver.

NeoTifa
12-07-2007, 08:08 PM
hmmmm, yea, thats what happend to me, only me and him were the only ones involved. i thought that if i drove really careful, i wouldnt wreck. hmmmm....

the last one i was like 12 or 13 and we were going to see my gpa who got in one 3 days earlier. we were switching lanes, then some car was driving really fast beside us, and we merged into them. they were back there when we turned, but they sped up, but my mom got cited

blackmage_nuke
12-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Public transportation is the way to go

Yamaneko
12-07-2007, 11:21 PM
so me and my friend are on teh way to school, me driving, and this gay van was outta gas in the middle of the road in front of my school. so every body slows down, im like 3 cars behind the van, and we're all going like 5-10 mph, but this a-hole old dude decided to be a rebel and, .... uh.... not stop. yea, that sucked, cuz my mom said a week ago when my uncle ran into a pole w/ her car, 3rd times a charm and itd be totalled. lol it was. so it hurts alot and i just took my "happy candies" and... uh..... yea.... :hyper: :whoa:
Knowing there are drivers out there that believe they can call their Internet speak, "grammar", scares me to death.

Ashi
12-08-2007, 03:59 PM
NeoTifa: Hope you're feeling better now.

I have never been in a big accident, only little ones that only caused cosmetic damages to my car.

snacks
12-08-2007, 04:05 PM
The only real "could have been worse" accident I've ever been in was, one while living in Erie. Me and a friend went out late one night to a restaurant and I guess it had started to freezing rain while we were in side. So we left the restaurant and started down this massive hill, and a car was stopped in front of us in the road, so she put on the breaks fully realizing that they were indeed not going to stop us very fast. So we rear ended some car going about 10-15 miles an hour downhill.

That was fun.

Had it not been for a safety belt, and my hat I probably would have cracked my face in the windshield. I do think I had either whiplash or a concusion from it however.

Ramza Beoulve
12-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I actually have been nearly in two accidents. One was in my brother's Cherokee, but I managed to stop enough to not crash with force, but since then, that car has a gray color in one spot in the defense :riiight:

The second one was in my own car, but I managed to get my car off the road fast enough to not crash with others that were coming to my position.

Shlup
12-09-2007, 06:42 AM
I... I...

LAST WEEK I WAS JUST GETTING TO WORK AND I REAR-ENDED THE RETARDED KID BUS AND SOME OF MY STUDENTS SAW.

Yamaneko
12-09-2007, 07:35 AM
I... I... can't believe you're a teacher.

crono_logical
12-09-2007, 08:03 AM
I see they've begun to put poles in the middle of the streets for people to purposely to hit 'em.They've been doing it for quite a while too :p (http://youtube.com/watch?v=fWi4LwdvvHU)

drotato
12-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Ouch. Sorry to hear you're hurt. D:

No, never been in a serious car crash before. Hearing this, I don't want to, either. ;~;