PDA

View Full Version : Technicks

MAS82587
12-07-2007, 08:00 PM
i recently started playing ffxii, and i'm about to go to the mine on Bhujerba. I was gonna stop and by some technicks, but i realize that i havent used them much up to this point. are there any of them worth buying? come to think of it, i havent used the gambits much either. should i be?

LunarWeaver
12-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Gambits are epic delicious and should definitely be used. Actually, how have you had the patience to not use them up to that point =O

Techniks you can live without. I never used them at all my first time and was fine. A few are useful here and there... I guess. Like...somebody will think of one for me.

leader of mortals
12-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Gambits are epic delicious and should definitely be used. Actually, how have you had the patience to not use them up to that point =O

Techniks you can live without. I never used them at all my first time and was fine. A few are useful here and there... I guess. Like...somebody will think of one for me.

charge... sort of

No.78
12-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Charge is the best technick

I cant think of anything else

Steal maybe

Flying Mullet
12-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Libra is nice.

Roto13
12-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Libra, Charge, and to a lesser extent, Steal are the most useful Technicks.

You're actually really close to a place where you can get shetloads of money by just wandering around one room. :P

Quindiana Jones
12-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I always have Gambit room for Self MP <20% - Charge and Self - Libra on all characters, and Enemy HP >70% - Steal on Vaan. Then there's other useful Technicks like 1000 Needles, which I use Gambit Foe: flying - 1,000 Needles on any melee characters. I will change it to Telekinesis when I can.

So yes, when you successfully utilise both Gambits and Technicks, the game is better. It's more fun, easier (in a sense), and can make your team pretty kickass.

LunarWeaver
12-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Oh yeah, Libra, Charge and Steal :jess: See, I knew I just couldn't think of them. I did use Libra and Steal a lot, and Charge a few times. You also should get 1000 Needles so you can pretend you're a cactuar.

Crossblades
12-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Libra, Steal, Charge, Telekinesis, Sight Unseeing and 1000 Needles are all worth getting

Roto13
12-08-2007, 08:52 PM
You don't really need everyone to use Libra, though. As long as one person is always with Libra status, you'll get the exact same effect.

rubah
12-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Isn't there an item you can equip for libra status? I always like that because I never could tell when libra wore off and then BANG trap time.

Snap Jumper
12-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Yep. Equip the Bangle.

Quindiana Jones
12-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Isn't there an item you can equip for libra status? I always like that because I never could tell when libra wore off and then BANG trap time.

That's why you use the gambit. That way you always have Libra on (unless you're in the middle of a fight), and you have the Accessory slot free for useful things.

That's also why I have Libra on all characters. If it runs out in the middle of a fight on the only character with it activated, I can't see the enemy's health etc.

Yep. Equip the Bangle.

The Bangle wastes the slot, in my opinion. I'd much rather throw an Embroidered Tippet or a Golden Amulet in there.

I always have these Gambits on someone: (in no particular order)
Self - Libra
Self MP <20% - Charge
Self - Protectga
Self - Shellga
Self - Bubble
Ally: Any - Regen
Ally: HP <50% - Curaja

And then you just edit the rest depending on what you want your character to do.

Roto13
12-10-2007, 12:32 AM
Almost anything is more useful than the bangle accessory that gives you Libra. :P

rubah
12-10-2007, 05:18 AM
at the point in time I was recalling, it was before you get fancy equipments or probably a bunch of gambit slots. (pre raithwall's tomb)

Quindiana Jones
12-10-2007, 10:34 AM
I hear this:

at the point in time I was recalling, it was before you get fancy equipments or probably a bunch of gambit slots. (pre raithwall's tomb)

and I respond with this:

Almost anything is more useful than the bangle accessory that gives you Libra. :P

Gennosuke
12-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Telekenisis is the best technik, and i didnt really use them other than a select few, but it is a good idea to get them as you come across them as one of the requirements of the Sky Pirates Den is too have learnt them all so if you dont start now and try and buy most of them later in the game you usually miss the early ones in specific locations, so then you have to go on a mission all over the world to find them which is annyoing.

NeoYiazmat
12-22-2007, 02:14 PM
I use the following technicks often (in order of usefulness):
Steal - the most important, allows you to get loot that you cannot get by drop. I always have a gambit for this on my thief.
Libra - Not much to say really.
Charge - especially useful for mages, as long as your mp is really low.
1000 Needles - Great for close-up melees until you get Telekinesis.
Telekinesis - As 1000 Needles.
Expose - A must against foes of very high defence.
Gil Toss - Great for certain fights against certain scions, but only use if you're a gillionaire.
All others - Can be useful depending on your situation and Lady Luck.

Heath
12-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, there are definitely some very decent Techniks out there. I think I used Libra and Steal the most. I always have Self-Libra equipped on at least one character because it's such a handy skill to have. Pretty much all the ones that Crossblades mentions are worth having and are useful at some point or another.

Northcrest
12-23-2007, 10:51 PM
I think all the good Tecknicks r Charge, Libra, Telekenisis, and thats really it.

qwertysaur
12-24-2007, 01:00 AM
I love t use shades of black on random monsters. The randomness makes it more fun.:p

Slothy
12-24-2007, 03:47 AM
1,000 Needles was my most used technik for much of the game. I got it before my characters could regularly do 1,000 damage, and therefore got used a lot. It was also my mainstay against fliers until I got Telekinesis.

DarkLadyNyara
12-24-2007, 06:04 AM
Charge, Libra, and Steal were the ones I used most, along with 1,000 Needles and Telekinesis.

As far as the others...it really depends on your playing style.

Renmiri
12-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Well, before you get Blizzard, techiniques are your only ranged attack (Horology), i.e. can hit several monsters at the same time in an area. Even after you get blizzard, your MP is so pitiful at first that it pays to save it for quickenings / heal and use horology and numerology to clear the area in Lhusu mines :D

I found a lot of them useful, even did my Pharos ascent with no magick, just techniques :D