PDA

View Full Version : Next England Manager.

blim
12-08-2007, 01:56 AM
Simple really. Who do you think should be next England Manager? And Why?

EDIT:This was meant to be a poll but i did something wrong!

How do i change it please?

For the time being

Mourinho
Fabio Capello
Martin O'Neill
Marcello Lippi
Jurgen Klinsmann.
Harry Redknapp
Other (please State)

Psychotic
12-08-2007, 02:25 AM
Poll added. I also included Gerard Houllier and Alan Curbishley; hope you do not mind, blim.

Mourinho or Capello. Nobody English. I voted Mourinho just 'cause it'd be funny to have him insulting the Germans.

Burtsplurt
12-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Arsene Wenger - and I think we could have had him last time around (if David Dein hadn't been on the committee), but now I very much doubt it.

I don't really fancy any of the other choices. Jose and Fabio encourage quite dull football. Might bring us a bit more success, though (not that that would be particularly difficult!).

charliepanayi
12-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Capello or O'Neill. Mourinho could be good but I suspect the Special One as England manager would do my head in even more than when he was at Chelsea with his planet-sized ego! Either way, those three are the best candidates.

Old Manus
12-08-2007, 10:48 AM
The Special One. Never lost at home in the league with Chelsea. Though seeing as my Premiership team is Chelsea, I have a somewhat biased view.

Cz
12-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Capello. Realistically it's between him and Mourinho, and Jose would just be...ugh.

blim
12-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks for adding the poll Psy.

Personally i've gone for Mourinho, i will accept England playing dull if we had the kind of success i think he could deliver. And i like the idea of the England manager constantly getting in bother with the FA which i am sure would happen.

Jess
12-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Mourinho. Right this second! :jess:

DK
12-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Mourinho. It's really a no brainer.

Heath
12-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Jose or Martin. I didn't like Jose as a person, but he was brilliant and a real character and would like him back on the scene if only for that. To be serious though, he's a great enough manager for England and I think he's the sort of person who could deal with some of the bigger egos in the England dressing room. As for O'Neill, we should have had him last time. From what I've read, apparently McClaren upstaged O'Neill by having a fancy powerpoint presentation to show the committee but O'Neill didn't. How the hell did that presentation go?

"Here I am next to Sven, we won some games. *CLICK* Here I am winning the UEFA Cup semi-final. *CLICK* Here I am with an England kit with my name sown in already. Any questions?"
"Yeah, Steve, how did that UEFA Cup Final work out for you? You must've won substantial something to end up as England manager, right?"
"You'd think so, wouldn't you?"
"[aside to other member] You can't argue with that level of success, eh?"

I'm unsure about Klinsmann. Worked some real magic for the German team but I imagine that was partly because he really is one of the best German players of relatively recent years and I suppose that sorta charm/whatever would only work with the Germans. I suppose the tabloids would have a laugh with him though, wouldn't they? "Nowt for the Kraut" after the first loss?

Cz
12-14-2007, 05:37 PM
It's Fabio. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7137847.stm) Very happy with this appointment. :)

The Captain
12-15-2007, 12:32 AM
If Capello intends to coach England like he's coached some of his other teams, we may be in for some ugly football. Effective, sure, but ugly, and this is coming from a Liverpool fan.

Take care all.