PDA

View Full Version : FF VII: Crisis Core out March 25th, 2008!!!

Dragonsoul
12-08-2007, 09:51 AM
I was browing the Rpg release calendar on Rpgamer.com and I looked at the release dates for all released and upcoming Usa Psp rpg's. They list Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core for a March 25th, 2008 Usa release date!!!

This is great news! This info is not on the calendar on the front page though. Also, for a few days another rpg was listed on the front page for that release date, the PC Mmorpg Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures.

What is your thought? FF VII: CC gets the BEST release date of the spring season!!! :)

jammi567
12-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Do yo have an actual link to it?

Dragonsoul
12-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Release Dates (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/release.cgi)

Select upcoming Usa Psp rpg's

KoShiatar
12-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Is there an European date yet?

Aerith's Knight
12-08-2007, 02:47 PM
is it only psp? not ps2?

KoShiatar
12-08-2007, 03:57 PM
No, PSP only. I'll bet it will boost the console sales a lot, even though I didn't get a PSP for this game alone (I do have a PSP though).

Bolivar
12-08-2007, 11:53 PM
i wasn't aware this game hadn't been released in America. Isn't that kind of a long time for it to be localized?

Dragonsoul
12-09-2007, 04:20 AM
Well, they are not releasing it immediately when the localization process gets finished. The release dates for rpgs and all games are ordered and planned out. FF VII: CC may be the biggest rpg of the Spring season, so it gets the prime date, March 25th(the Tuesday during Spring Break). Also, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures is out on that date. They can release both on the same day since they appeal to different audiences.

FF XII: RW was a big time handheld rpg, it got out on November 20th, the best date of the year! :)

PSP has FF I, FF II, FF Tactics, FF VII: CC, and Jeanne D'Arc, should I buy it? Bolivar, you gimme one! :p

XxSephirothxX
12-09-2007, 05:34 AM
That's the release date that Gamestop has up. However, there is no confirmation from anyone in the media, or from Square, that it will actually be out on that date. Gamestop often puts up prospective release dates. It's probably inaccurate.

Dragonsoul
12-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Yea it may be. I think FF VII: CC will be the biggest rpg out next spring. Rpgamer lists Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures for that date also. FF VII: CC can get out on that date also since they appeal to different audiences I think.

Gargh! I want to get a PSP on December 26th, with Final Fantasy Tactics.

Nifleheim7
12-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Damn,the pressure of buying a psp is getting bigger now...

cloud21zidane16
12-10-2007, 08:47 PM
I have a PSP woohoo:D now i just have to wait:(

Dragonsoul
12-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Interesting that Square Enix is releasing FF VII: CC for PSP and not for DS. Their top handheld games usually come out for DS. FF VII: CC will be their first non-remake PSP game. I wonder what they will do in the future with these two systems. Here are their Usa PSP and DS games...

For Sony PSP they have:
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
...Upcoming Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

For Nintendo DS they have:
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Children of Mana
Final Fantasy III
Heroes of Mana
Front Mission
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
...upcoming Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 2
...upcoming Final Fantasy Tactics A2

cloud21zidane16
12-10-2007, 09:37 PM
I would think that FFVII:CC is to advanced for the DS, its been planned for a long time anyway.

Jessweeee♪
12-11-2007, 02:50 AM
Interesting that Square Enix is releasing FF VII: CC for PSP and not for DS. Their top handheld games usually come out for DS. FF VII: CC will be their first non-remake PSP game. I wonder what they will do in the future with these two systems. Here are their Usa PSP and DS games...

For Sony PSP they have:
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
...Upcoming Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

For Nintendo DS they have:
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Children of Mana
Final Fantasy III
Heroes of Mana
Front Mission
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
...upcoming Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 2
...upcoming Final Fantasy Tactics A2

Don't forget Dissidia and the upcoming Kingdom Hearts games!

I'm getting a PSP for Square alone!

...plus while I have it it would be nice to use it's other features...and OMG THERE'S TEKKEN ON THE PSP I CAN GET THAT! YES!

Hazzard
12-11-2007, 08:30 AM
Us Europeans are always deprived. I'm expecting Crisis Core to be released in Europe, probably around early summer time. We're still waiting eagerly for renevant wings to come out...

Dragonsoul
12-11-2007, 08:33 AM
I would think that FFVII:CC is to advanced for the DS, its been planned for a long time anyway.

The PSP is more powerful than the DS? Interesting. I like both consoles. Dissidia: Final Fantasy for PSP is interesting. Maybe Fall 2008 in Usa for that one. Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for DS and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep for PSP, not sure when they'll come out. What else does Square Enix have coming out for DS and PSP?

Also on a side note, Rpgamer has an article showing a Usa release date for Dragon Quest Swords, February 26th, cool! We're getting new dates for upcoming Spring 2008 Usa rpg's recently, that's good.

KoShiatar
12-12-2007, 01:10 PM
The PSP is graphically waaaay more powerful than the DS, actually. Its faults do not depend on graphics, but on high price, lack of games, etc.

cloud21zidane16
12-12-2007, 02:07 PM
The PSP is graphically waaaay more powerful than the DS, actually. Its faults do not depend on graphics, but on high price, lack of games, etc.

And that most of the games come out on PS2 and PS3 anyway:mad:

Dragonsoul
12-13-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm buying a PSP, it's only $40 more. Is that a signifigant price increase over the DS? The PSP can play music, show photos, play official movies, play user videos, access the internet, play multiplayer stuff, watch tv, use gamesharing, maybe more stuff, it's great. The DS has a basic messaging program and gamesharing features and Wifi also, and it's $129. As far as games go, I think the DS has better games as far as rpg's go, but I don't know about non-rpg's. I'm excited, because I'm getting both.

By the end of 2008 I'll have:
Playstation 2(Slim/Black)
Nintendo DS Lite(White)
Sony PSP(Slim & Light, Ice Silver)
Playstation 3(80gb, Black)
PC[Upgrade](I'm upgrading my MB, CPU, Ram, and Video Card for Starcraft 2)

Too bad I sold my Xbox 360 Premium to get that DS. I may get it again, not sure if I'd get a Wii though. The Wii needs more rpg's that I like besides Zelda: TP and Fire Emblem, and those ones aren't as high on my list as the Square Enix games.

I wonder if there is a huge future on Wii for rpg's? It has some good stuff though. Gargh!!! What's the Zelda team up to? Probably going to make a Wii Zelda now.

Raebus
12-13-2007, 01:48 PM
I'll say it before anyone else does, Zelda isn't an RPG.

Psp - Media device, with 1 or 2 games I like.
Ds - Gaming Device, more than 1 or 2 games I like.

Digressing from the thread point as always, I see.

EagleDelta1
12-13-2007, 08:21 PM

You're right the GPU on the PSP is more powerful than the DS, but the GPU and the CPU of the systems are two different things - the CPU on the DS could be more powerful than the PSP if we factor in the fact that the DS games that take full advantage of the DS hardware probably have more information to process than the PSP games do. I have both and the PSP games I've played would run as good if not better on the DS IF the DS had the same GPU.
Also the DS's GPU is less powerful, but the system also carries 2 GPU - one for each screen.
Point is that, yes, the PSP is more powerful graphically, but overall it's hard to tell - I doubt you could run an RTS on a PSP as well as you could on the DS.

Crossblades
12-14-2007, 12:37 AM
I'm buying a PSP, it's only $40 more. Is that a signifigant price increase over the DS? The PSP can play music, show photos, play official movies, play user videos, access the internet, play multiplayer stuff, watch tv, use gamesharing, maybe more stuff, it's great. The DS has a basic messaging program and gamesharing features and Wifi also, and it's $129. As far as games go, I think the DS has better games as far as rpg's go, but I don't know about non-rpg's. I'm excited, because I'm getting both.

By the end of 2008 I'll have:
Playstation 2(Slim/Black)
Nintendo DS Lite(White)
Sony PSP(Slim & Light, Ice Silver)
Playstation 3(80gb, Black)
PC[Upgrade](I'm upgrading my MB, CPU, Ram, and Video Card for Starcraft 2)

Too bad I sold my Xbox 360 Premium to get that DS. I may get it again, not sure if I'd get a Wii though. The Wii needs more rpg's that I like besides Zelda: TP and Fire Emblem, and those ones aren't as high on my list as the Square Enix games.

I wonder if there is a huge future on Wii for rpg's? It has some good stuff though. Gargh!!! What's the Zelda team up to? Probably going to make a Wii Zelda now.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/112685-wii-rpgs-past-present-future.html

And it's Nintendo that makes Zelda games >_>

XxSephirothxX
12-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Confirmed by Square Enix today.

Crossblades
12-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Confirmed by Square Enix today.

Here's the link

RPGamer - News Bulletin - Square Enix Confirms North American Spring Releases (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2007/121707a.html)

Next up is Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- for the Sony PlayStation Portable. Crisis Core takes players back in time to play as SOLDIER member Zack as he experiences the events that led up to the beginning of Final Fantasy VII. This title is an action RPG, features voice acting, and contains remixed versions of Nobou Uematsu's Final Fantasy VII soundtrack arranged by Takeharu Ishimoto. Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- is also rated "T" for Teen and will ship out March 25, 2008. More details will become available via Crisis Core's official site.