PDA

View Full Version : This Is Getting On My Last Nerve

The Ceej
12-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Ever since I signed up, this has been a problem. Sometimes more than others. I never posted about it because I

A. Didn't care enough before now.
and B. Assumed someone was working to fix it.

There are many times (most of the time today) while posting a new message/usernote/PM where the text box just locks up and you can no longer type in it or select anything in it. I'm surpised that no one has mentioned this before. This gets annoying because you have to reload the page in order to get it working again. I had to reload a page five times to finish one sentence today. This is getting ridiculous. I was wondering what the problem is and when it's going to be fixed. Thanks.

Jessweeee♪
12-08-2007, 06:20 PM
This has never happened to me before o.o

...are you sure it isn't just you?

snacks
12-08-2007, 06:36 PM
It depends, maybe it's your browser as well? What browser do you use? I find most of the time Firefox is very reliable when it comes to sites such as this.

I would check all avenues before blaming a message board for problems. But that's imho.

Edit: Crap this just happened to me, carry on.

The Ceej
12-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Yeah. I'm using Mozilla, so I know it's not me. If I were using IE, I would say, "I must be doing something wrong. Something like using IE." Bipper, who uses Firefox, has confirmed that this is a problem with the forum as he's experienced it many times, himself.

He went as far as telling me it as a bug in the code.

Yeah...

Now, he can thank me for the PM's he's going to be getting from staff.

Sam250
12-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I have had simlar problems- on occasion, I can't select the text box to write in it. Spam-clicking (is that a phrase?) the text box usually sorts this out without having to reload.

snacks
12-08-2007, 07:02 PM
It only really happens to me when I go to change a font size or something but immediately after typing anyways everything returns to normal. This probably isn't the same problem, but hey we can share our stories.

Jessweeee♪
12-08-2007, 10:11 PM
o.o

Wow, that's weird!

rubah
12-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Never had that happen :O

Baloki
12-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Sounds to me like you have a badly configured extension or setting on your computer. We'd need OS information, background utilities, programs your using and extensions your using to fix it tbh as I doubt it's a problem with the forums as there's no setting in HTML that can affect your computer like that.

Lawr
12-08-2007, 11:27 PM
None of those have ever happened to me and I use both Mozilla and IE.
(Which ever one is closer to the mouse. Lol)

Rostum
12-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Never had this happen to me throughout all the time I've been posting here.

crono_logical
12-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Yeah. I'm using Mozilla, so I know it's not me. If I were using IE, I would say, "I must be doing something wrong. Something like using IE." Bipper, who uses Firefox, has confirmed that this is a problem with the forum as he's experienced it many times, himself.
I guess we need to add more questions like "Are you using Firefox with no extensions enabled?" to make sure it isn't one of those interfering :p

Baloki
12-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I guess we need to add more questions like "Are you using Firefox with no extensions enabled?" to make sure it isn't one of those interfering :p

Sounds to me like you have a badly configured extension or setting on your computer. We'd need OS information, background utilities, programs your using and extensions your using to fix it tbh as I doubt it's a problem with the forums as there's no setting in HTML that can affect your computer like that.

Beaten to the punch eh Archie :p

rubah
12-09-2007, 06:28 PM
give him a break baloki, he's been at a TECHY con!

Baloki
12-09-2007, 08:05 PM
give him a break baloki, he's been at a TECHY con!

I only get to upmanship him once every Blue Moon aligned with Jupiter, Mars and Jack Thomson not damning Computer Games as the reason America's youth is violent, let me have my victory :(

crono_logical
12-15-2007, 08:35 PM
But was this problem ever fixed though? :p

Levian
12-15-2007, 08:59 PM
This has happened to me a few times too. Try clicking the button I circled out in the attachment below. It should do the trick if we've encountered the same problem.

I have Firefox 5.0, and I haven't been downloading any extensions. Don't even know what that would be. This problem has only occured like twice or something to me. Maybe it was even on another computer xD I don't know.

The Ceej
12-17-2007, 02:21 AM
I had to whitelist this page to see that picture, Levian, but I was interested in finding out what button that was. That button solves the problem. Thanks.

Levian
12-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Ah, don't worry about that, downloading image files from eoff should be safe. Just sounds like your protection software is a bit over-protective.

Nice to see your problem is solved.

The Ceej
12-17-2007, 03:41 AM
It's set to block ads. It thought your image was an ad because of its filename. Thanks to Adblock, I will never see another ad on the internet again. I'm surprised they haven't made it a law that all browsers have it installed.

Roto13
12-17-2007, 03:44 AM
I have adblock and it ONLY blocks adds. I can see attachments just fine.

rubah
12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
he probably has *click.jpg as an entry or something xD

The Ceej
12-18-2007, 06:20 PM
I don't. That particular image is blocked due to, "/cl(?:ic)?k/".