PDA

View Full Version : Some games which really p*** you off!!!

Hazzard
12-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Like the title says, name a couple of games that have frustrated you in the past. :rolleyes2

LunarWeaver
12-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Vagrant Story gave me a bloody forehead.

Black Mage
12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
In regards to just more recent games, I found Odin Sphere to be pretty frustrating at some parts due to the difficulty.

Not to the point of quiting, but definitely way past the cursing line.

And a couple of the stars in Mario Galaxy, more specifically the comet stars, had me pretty close to throwing the Wii Remote.

KoShiatar
12-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Hmpf.... Bubble Bobble DS, I'll say. I sold the game, so bad it was.

Vermachtnis
12-09-2007, 09:26 PM
In regards to just more recent games, I found Odin Sphere to be pretty frustrating at some parts due to the difficulty.

Yea, stupid ice mountain :mad:

The first Megaman too. Gutsman level, Iceman level, Yellow Demon w/out Select cheat/ Megaman clone. That whole game is a pain.

Vivisteiner
12-09-2007, 09:29 PM
FFVIII.

Just when the plot seems to be heading in an interesting direction they try and spoil it.

Mr Cactuar
12-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Counter-Strike all the time. Hackers, blockers, team-flashers, noobs, mic spammers, general pisspots, so many annoying things.

As for single player I'd say Tetris xD. THOSE DAMN Z/S BLOCKS!!!111!!!

KentaRawr!
12-09-2007, 10:14 PM
If a game is starting to upset me, then I'll normally just turn it off.

Captain Maxx Power
12-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Presently GH3. I've kind of "retired" from GH due to my utter suckiness at GH3. Seriously, I can't even get past the last set of songs on Hard and I've been on them for weeks. Weeks! And then I see people doing 5-stars on Expert on YouTube and I just lose the will to try.

Madame Adequate
12-10-2007, 12:46 AM
Halo 3, Legendary, scoring on, every gold skull on.

I swear it'd be 300% easier without Black Eye.

Edit: pretty much any ranked ffa in Halo 3. So much bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Roto13
12-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Presently GH3. I've kind of "retired" from GH due to my utter suckiness at GH3. Seriously, I can't even get past the last set of songs on Hard and I've been on them for weeks. Weeks! And then I see people doing 5-stars on Expert on YouTube and I just lose the will to try.

I felt that way in GH II. :P Then I forgot how bad I was at it and beat it no problem. Honestly, I'm convinced that the only reason everyone in the world isn't shredding faces in GH is because of their own mental blocks.

NeoCracker
12-10-2007, 12:54 AM
OOh I hate Tetris. With a burning passion.

And most recently, the end of WA5. Awesome game, but that damned Clock had me confused for days. (Mind you it turns out I was just being horribly stupid, and its hardly the games fault I didn't realize my hour hand wasn't right, but thats hardly the point.)

Aerith's Knight
12-10-2007, 01:00 AM
i hate the people WoW produces.. 11yo with a mouth of a six foot lumberjack.. and then people scoff at me when i say that he should watch his mouth or he could lose it..

Roto13
12-10-2007, 01:03 AM
i hate the people WoW produces.. 11yo with a mouth of a six foot lumberjack.. and then people scoff at me when i say that he should watch his mouth or he could lose it..

Thats why I don't particularly like online gaming.

Proxy
12-10-2007, 03:44 AM
Halo3 on legendary. fucking ARGGHEJHADJH!

Ashi
12-10-2007, 04:30 AM
I am frustrated by Odin Sphere, but for an entirely different reason. :p

DK
12-10-2007, 04:52 AM
Edit: pretty much any ranked ffa in Halo 3. So much bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:.

I have seriously not said so many foul words in years as I have trying to rank up in lone wolves. It's dire.

I Took the Red Pill
12-10-2007, 05:01 AM
Legend of Legaia made me want to drive a nail through my cerebellum.

Madame Adequate
12-10-2007, 02:24 PM

I have seriously not said so many foul words in years as I have trying to rank up in lone wolves. It's dire.

Yeah, same with me. :(

Red Pill: Anything in particular about LoL?

Zeldy
12-10-2007, 10:38 PM
I can do loads on expert bar like 3 or 4 songs, but Im trying to complete hard and I just did the set with the Disturbed and Slipknot song in and that was blimin' hard as.

urrmm brain training. That's so rubbish.

ljkkjlcm9
12-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Fire Emblem can be so frustrating on the hardest difficulty, especially if you refuse to let anyone die!

THE JACKEL

Cz
12-10-2007, 10:59 PM
F-Zero GX. I've had that game for years, and I still haven't beaten the story mode. Normally when I get stuck on a level in a game I'll come back to it once every couple of weeks and give it another shot, and usually things will come together in my favour eventually, but not with F-Zero. That game hates me. And I hate it. There are teeth marks on my Gamecube because of that thing.

Spammerman
12-11-2007, 01:26 AM
pokemon made me break my gameboy.

ljkkjlcm9
12-11-2007, 01:30 AM
F-Zero GX. I've had that game for years, and I still haven't beaten the story mode. Normally when I get stuck on a level in a game I'll come back to it once every couple of weeks and give it another shot, and usually things will come together in my favour eventually, but not with F-Zero. That game hates me. And I hate it. There are teeth marks on my Gamecube because of that thing.

yeah, some of the stories on very hard are nigh impossible. I think I have 4 that I just can't beat, and I gave up a long time ago... like the escape mission

THE JACKEL

XxSephirothxX
12-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Man, F-Zero GX was insane. A friend and I rented that and were absolutely baffled by how hardcore the story mode was. I think we got through five or so, each time thinking that the challenge was impossible and we'd never beat it.

The regular race cups were damn hard, too. I didn't have it for long, so I never got a chance to improve a lot, but I remember getting to a map with 90 degree turns with no walls and giving up. :p

I Took the Red Pill
12-11-2007, 03:30 AM
Red Pill: Anything in particular about LoL?I was pretty young when I was playing it, but I remember being stuck on Songi for a while, and then after that, Berserker was just ridiculous, I don't know if I got past it.

Madame Adequate
12-11-2007, 04:18 AM
Ah yes, the bosses. I can sympathise there, now that you remind me of them xDDD

demondude
12-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Age of empires 2 online is hard.

Woodinator
12-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Konquest mode in MK deadly alliance is the reason my controller rattles when you shake it...dumb combos wouldnt work sometimes

Breine
12-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I've personally found Metal Gear Solid 3 to be very hard at some points.. Maybe I should just have chosen to play it in an easier mode.. and now that I'm talking about Metal Gear Solid, I'm so happy that I knew how to beat Psycho Mantis in advance.. or else that was definitely something that would have driven me mad!

Shauna
12-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Hm... Jak II, the "Hard Mode" thing. And some mission you had to do, when you're in a gun turret thing. Worst level ever. :D

And Grandia 2, Valmar's Core - the second one you fight. Grah, in the end, I had to use many status-changing spells to beat it. :(

Azure Chrysanthemum
12-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Online gaming experience tends to be lackluster because you're forced to interact with people, who you tend to end up wanting to punch in the face.

For example, Starcraft. Just. So. Annoying. Traitors, hackers and nobody who plays anything besides money maps or Big Game Hunters (both of which are boring and suck) and whatnot, it's just an aggravating experience.

God Hand is apparently an incredibly frustrating game that my suitemate plays obsessively for unfathomable reasons. He's broken 3 controllers because of it. But he has also beaten the bloody thing 26 times. Why? I don't know!

phbr
12-13-2007, 04:18 PM
WoW, not so much because of the game itself but rather 90% of the people I met in public groups (reason why I started doing guild/friend only runs)... I'm reeeeaaally glad my friends didn't record our TeamSpeak / Skype sessions ...

More recently it would have to be some of the boss fights and achievements (every mission involving Kai or SIXAXIS control in general) in Heavenly Sword on Hell difficulty.. but that's probably because I suck at Action Adventures -.-

Germ Hamee
12-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Rule of Rose was one of the most unplayable games I've ever attempted. I made it to a certain point where I was forced to fight some imps, and there is seriously NO POSSIBLE WAY for me to get past it with the amount of health items available to me. The controls are just that bad.

Which is disappointing, because I was really into the story. Oh well.

Strawberry_Mew
12-18-2007, 11:20 PM
God of War really pissed me off...alot......

Shlup
12-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Any Final Fantasy. Trying to walk and then a random battle... How freaking annoying.

Roto13
12-18-2007, 11:43 PM
God Hand is apparently an incredibly frustrating game that my suitemate plays obsessively for unfathomable reasons. He's broken 3 controllers because of it. But he has also beaten the bloody thing 26 times. Why? I don't know!
I love that game. <3

Any Final Fantasy. Trying to walk and then a random battle... How freaking annoying.
Final Fantasy XII for the win.

Genome
12-19-2007, 02:56 AM
I might be able to do it nowadays, but as a small child, Tekken 1 was a pain in the ass on hard mode. Oh and trying to get Heihachi fair and square is annoying too.

OH and Megaman Zero. I tried and fucking tried. I had a bitch of a time beating the first boss, the dude with the sword arms or whatever. And then I have to fight the next thing, and I just fucking gave up. You have these stupid :skull::skull::skull::skull:s hitting you down to like 1/4th HP, and right when you walk in on the boss, he spears you in the face and you die. Fuck. I almost broke my gameboy over it.

Oh and that one Bomberman Max game for Gameboy, that was annoying at certain times. I did beat it though, and loved it for some reason.

qwertysaur
12-19-2007, 08:02 AM
The PSX port of Crono Trigger. The lag was so bad, I couldn't finish the game.

Randgris
12-19-2007, 08:55 AM
I hate games that contain cute, cuddly, colorful, girly things. Ugh the pain.

Shoeberto
12-19-2007, 05:13 PM
The Resident Evil remake on Gamecube was really, really hard to the point where even when I'd conserve my ammo as much as possible I'd still get totally cornered. Well, with Chris, anyway.

stalpho slayer
01-03-2008, 03:58 AM
bioshock

Roto13
01-03-2008, 04:17 AM
Guitar Hero III. I'm good at Guitar Hero. I don't have any problem with Guitar Hero II. I don't have a lot of problems with most of GH III, either. But it seems that someone decided to erect a great big wall in the last set of songs.

Fuck you, Slayer. Fuck you right in the ear. You're not music. That's the problem. You're noise. The game wants me to mimic it's odd noises.

Ouch!
01-03-2008, 04:41 AM
bioshock
Excuse me but... what?!

demondude
01-03-2008, 01:11 PM
The trial galaxies in super Mario galaxy are kinda hard.

Northcrest
01-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Well currently my Sonic the Hedgehog for PS3. I like it but for some reason I get bad headaches after playing it for 10mins. Its annoying for a week straight i've been getting headache after headache.

Creeping Shadow
01-04-2008, 03:27 AM
The first castlevania. When you got to the point when everything took away four health away it was insanely hard and death was a real pain too. It took all of my patience to beat it.

snacks
01-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Prince of Persia (two thrones?) right now currently made me forget my xbox exists as running on walls while jumping while stealth attack while picking your nose makes me want to injure things.

And Riviera for GBA. THey totally copied the first Zelda's forest maze thing and made it ridiculously stupid.

Rainecloud
01-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Super Punch Out for the SNES. Certain characters (Hoy Quarlow, Narcis Prince, Super Machoman, Mad Clown, Nick & Rick Bruiser) really gave me trouble, and I have lots of not-so-fond memories of slamming the controller down in protest at the difficulty level. Then I realised that all those characters had rather predictable moves, memorized them all, and then beat the crap out of them.

Also, a lesser known game called Nebulus annoys me to this day. It's an awesome game, but the difficulty level is so damn high, and you only get a few lives/tries to complete the game. I mean, how the hell are you expected to be so perfect?!

And finally, Rick Dangerous for the Atari was one of those "look out, the controller is about to smash through the window" type of games. Again, much like the above games, it was really fun to play, but astonishingly difficult to complete. I'm getting angry just thinking about these games, so I'm going to stop typing now.

Madame Adequate
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
The original Prince of Persia. Insanely hard game. :(