PDA

View Full Version : DUN DUN DUN DUN DAH DAH!

Goldenboko
12-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Commercials these days really suck.

What's your least favorite type of commercial?
I hate the ones that have something that has nothing to do with what their advertising, and then flashes the name of their product at the end.

Dixie
12-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Christmas commericals.
I hate them with a passion.

Roto13
12-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Drug commercials that never actually mention what the drug is for. They just show a bunch of old people or women just running around and having fun and then say "Ask your doctor if teemocil is right for you."

Rye
12-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Those feminine type of commercials where a woman takes out a tampon and plugs up a sinking boat with it or something really weird. D:

blackmage_nuke
12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
I dont know about the ones i hate the most but those commercials that advertise shows that try to pull off that "Mysterious new show, we wont tell you what its about you'll just have to watch" crap. Just tell us what the show is about without revealing too much, how can you screw that up?

Also the ones that take some form of national folk song and use it to promote where theyre made or use some other traditional song (like a christmas carol or something) to show how they care or whatever. It's rather degrading

Jessweeee♪
12-09-2007, 08:55 PM
HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD

Luther X-Rated
12-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Way back when it used to be menthol cigs commercials, but now it's fast food commercials. They make me get out of bed and pick up food.

Vermachtnis
12-09-2007, 09:00 PM
I HATE HATE HATE HATE commercials with old people. Those hoverounds that commercial with that old lady that did something with gold. Old people need to stay off the TV.

Shlup
12-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Those feminine type of commercials where a woman takes out a tampon and plugs up a sinking boat with it or something really weird. D:

I like those ones!

I'm like "Hell yes my menses makes me feel like a sinking ship! Symmmmbolism!!"

Rye
12-09-2007, 09:07 PM
They're kind of funny. But I really don't like the ones like "DOES FEMININE ODOR DESTROY YOUR DAY? ITCHING VAGINAS MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE AN OGRE? STICK OUR PRODUCT UP INSIDE YOUR HOLE AND IT'LL MAKE YOU FEEL BEAUTIFUL!" while women are doing yoga and window shopping in NYC. D:

Ace14
12-09-2007, 09:07 PM
HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD

xD Hahaha! I hate that commercial!
I hate all commercials, they get in the way of actual shows. The only commercials I like are the ones about video games or really funny ones.

Jessweeee♪
12-09-2007, 09:09 PM
This thread title made me think of the chip eating scene in Death Note.

Madame Adequate
12-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I recall a commercial over here for something that relieved Thrush. It came in two parts: a pill, and a cream to be applied directly. The woman popped the pill with a smile like an addict getting a hit, and then was seen bouncing around with her friend all happy like. I recall disappointment that the cream application was not shown.

So yeah I hate commercials that are all DRAMAHZOMG!1 and it's for a stapler.

Jessweeee♪
12-09-2007, 09:18 PM
"....the most sophisticated piece of technology you will ever pee on."

Vermachtnis
12-09-2007, 09:27 PM
This thread title made me think of the chip eating scene in Death Note.

"And I will take my chip and eat it!"

Rye
12-09-2007, 09:38 PM
I recall a commercial over here for something that relieved Thrush. It came in two parts: a pill, and a cream to be applied directly. The woman popped the pill with a smile like an addict getting a hit, and then was seen bouncing around with her friend all happy like. I recall disappointment that the cream application was not shown.

Ugh, I hate Yeast Infection commercials.

And as for the DRAMAZZZZ, it's only good if it's done for lulz, like this commercial:

I Feel Grrrrrrrrreat! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rE0EakhG8)

Best commercial ever. xD

Momiji
12-09-2007, 09:40 PM

Damn, you beat me to it. :(

Zeldy
12-09-2007, 09:42 PM
They're all really annoying, the one that's freaking me out atm is the one saying "Get set for d-d-d-digital!" and the guy in it is SCARY. He's SCARY, okay? :(

Jessweeee♪
12-09-2007, 09:43 PM

Ugh, I hate Yeast Infection commercials.

And as for the DRAMAZZZZ, it's only good if it's done for lulz, like this commercial:

I Feel Grrrrrrrrreat! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rE0EakhG8)

Best commercial ever. xD

So....Nutrigrain bars ruin your life :jess:?

Goldenboko
12-09-2007, 10:02 PM
I also hate the commercials that give you so much information you just want to rip out your own hair.

Cookie
12-09-2007, 10:10 PM
The new WoW adverts. Mr. T has been done to death, as has Shatner.

Tallulah
12-09-2007, 10:16 PM
"....the most sophisticated piece of technology you will ever pee on."

That advert was made of awesome and win! Though it prompted my friend to say: 'What if I came in drunk one night and took a p!ss on my plasma TV?'

I seriously can't stand the 'Holidays are coming' Coke advert. It should burn in hell, along with any radio commercial played on Lincs FM. :mad2: Especially the one were a male voice sings along (very badly) to the tune of 'Jingle Bells' about his Christmas shopping woes. This commercial first aired in SEPTEMBER, for the love of God! :mad:

Markus. D
12-09-2007, 10:18 PM

Thread over, the end :3

Madame Adequate
12-09-2007, 10:30 PM

Uh no. Those are awesome.

Goldenboko
12-09-2007, 10:34 PM

Uh no. Those are awesome.

2nded.

rubah
12-09-2007, 11:23 PM
They're all pretty much fake and irritating. I think that's what annoys me the most. The fakeness.

Jess
12-09-2007, 11:44 PM
The ones about dangerous or drink driving. They have a good message, but they make me sad.

drotato
12-10-2007, 02:30 AM
HOMIGOD. I HATE THAT! D:<
It's the most annoying commercial in the world. D:<

DK
12-10-2007, 02:37 AM
Anything with Barry Scott in it is basically the worst :skull::skull::skull::skull: known to man.

The Unknown Guru
12-10-2007, 05:01 AM
All of them but the one with the fat guy dancing to "Maniac".

Rengori
12-10-2007, 06:13 AM
Tampon commercials and stuff like that. Those bastards ruined that Twisted Sister song "We're not Gonna Take It." I could never listen to it the same way again.

CimminyCricket
12-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Super Bowl commercials rule.

Shoeberto
12-10-2007, 09:31 AM
I've always disliked ones that have all these cool flashy special effects and seem like they're for some sweet sci-fi movie or video game or something, but turn out just to be for a car. I guess it's just the little kid in me wanting it to be something cooler. I remember one that had like this cybernetic jaguar running through a canyon or something chasing the car, which was probably the first time I identified how much I dislike those types.

Quindiana Jones
12-10-2007, 10:40 AM

Anything with Barry Scott in it is basically the worst :skull::skull::skull::skull: known to man.

GTFO! I haven't seen the WoW adverts on TV yet. But I somehow came across them on YouTube. Weird.

And the early Barry Scoot ads are gold. They're rubbish now, but "Look at my shiny penny!" always made me lol.

Vincent, Thunder God
12-19-2007, 10:21 AM
All of them. I don't specify any particular group, I hate them all equally.

daggertrepe
12-19-2007, 10:11 PM
Anti-depressant commercials are soooo cheezy. Along with law frim commercials when the lawyers read off of cue cards. You can see their eyes DARTING. Stop, man!

Dolentrean
12-19-2007, 11:44 PM
I HATE... and I mean HATE Esurance commercials, they make me angry, I mean what does a chick cowgirl throwing a ninja star at a robot cowboy then hopping on a motercycle and riding into the sunset have to do with my car insurance! A pox on Esurance.

Now Jack in the Box commercials, those are entertaining.

Vivisteiner
12-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Yes car credit! Say YES!

Currys, always cutting prices, SNIP SNIP!

Sheila's Wheels

But this advert is absolutely hilarious.
YouTube - Instant Kiwi commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-laToBczk)

Madame Adequate
12-20-2007, 12:39 AM

Oh my god I thought you'd be all over such a classic series of commercials as those for Cillit Bang. Remember when it was new, and the ads were SO bad that nobody even thought it was a real product?

scrumpleberry
12-20-2007, 01:48 AM
I hate perfume adverts, not as pieces of art, but on principle. Advertising something to be smelt on television bugs me. Having a wo/man with a sultry european accent whisper the name of the perfume while there are a few shots of models and/or rose petals in slow motion tinted a colour that fits the perfume and/or gender of the target audience DOESN'T TELL YOU WHETHER IT'S A GOOD PERFUME OR NOT.