PDA

View Full Version : May I name your child?

BardTard
12-10-2007, 04:30 AM
So one thing I like to do is talking about how I'd raise my children, or what I'd name them if I do have children, but I don't EVER want kids. So I was talking to my best friend and thought of something... it would be so cool if I could name someone else's kid. Of course they'd probably want something in return.

So... would you ever let someone else name your child? If so, what would you expect in return, and would there be any names off limits? If you had the opportunity to name someone else's child what would you name them? I'd pick something like Lucifer Junior, whether it's a boy or a girl, and if it's a girl she could be called Lucy. Or maybe Lollipop Cherry if it was a girl and demand she be called Lolz. :D

On a side topic, don't forget, tomorrow is Isoscoles Triangle Appreciation Day. How will you celebrate?

Hambone
12-10-2007, 04:33 AM
Only if the name was a good one.

I prefer right triangles. :(

I Took the Red Pill
12-10-2007, 04:57 AM
We all know Scalenes are more unique.

BardTard
12-10-2007, 05:35 AM
Yeah but Scalene Triangle Appreciation Day isn't until March 12.

Ace14
12-10-2007, 05:57 AM
I like isoscoles triangles when they aren't in a math problem. :D

If I could name someones kid then I'd name them someone random and unique like.....if it was a girl I'd name her sexy so everytime someone calls her it's like "Hey Sexy come over here." If it was a guy then I'd name him Demyx! xD For someone to name my child they would need to pay me some money, I don't know how much but it won't be cheap. If I had children then I'd name the girl Kairi! Haha I'm just kidding but for real I'd name her...well I don't know I'm really bad with names and it would take me forever to think of one.

Rengori
12-10-2007, 06:05 AM
Ace14, don't ever come near naming my children. Ever. If I have children. Ever. Which I'd name myself.

And triangles suck.

SammieBabe
12-10-2007, 06:59 AM
Hubbie is lucky he got input on our kids names, much less anyone else...

Breine
12-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I'd maybe let my parents name my kid, but I'd have to approve of the name first of course!

Personally I wouldn't like to name someone else's child.. it just seems weird. Giving ideas for names is another thing, though.

Loony BoB
12-10-2007, 11:18 AM
The only people who should be able to name a child are the two parents involved. Other people can point out the a name is rubbish or suggest other names, but in the end the parents should spend a lot of their time thinking it over rather than going to other people. I'd rather come up with the name for my kid than have someone else do it.

On the condition that Danielle and I stay together, we already know what we'd name our kids anyway. Before I get serious with any girl, I make them fully aware that if I ever have a daughter she will be named Angela. :p I just love that name.

Cookie
12-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Only name I've ever thought of for a kid would be Tank, regardless of gender, nobody fucking messes with Tank on the playground. I'd probably have to let the mother decide. ;[;[

Aerith's Knight
12-10-2007, 12:51 PM
i would never let someone else name my child.. i would pick elisa or emily for a girl.. and have no idea for the boys name.. but sure as hell not lucifer..

~Storm Ninja~
12-10-2007, 01:18 PM
... Natalia *insert grandpa's name here* *insert surname here*

...also I would most likely, in exchange for letting someone name my child, only let them name something I thought of first.

...oh wait, that sort of defeats the purpose, now doesn't it :(

drotato
12-10-2007, 02:19 PM
O:

Why yes, you may. ^^

Gopher Gamble
12-10-2007, 02:24 PM
I'd like you to meet my sons. Sephiroth and Optimus Prime.

fire_of_avalon
12-10-2007, 03:42 PM
I like isoscoles triangles when they aren't in a math problem. :D

If I could name someones kid then I'd name them someone random and unique like.....if it was a girl I'd name her sexy so everytime someone calls her it's like "Hey Sexy come over here." If it was a guy then I'd name him Demyx! xD For someone to name my child they would need to pay me some money, I don't know how much but it won't be cheap. If I had children then I'd name the girl Kairi! Haha I'm just kidding but for real I'd name her...well I don't know I'm really bad with names and it would take me forever to think of one.

That is creepy. But I agree about the triangle.

I already decided that I'm going to name one of my kids motherfucker, just to see the reaction.

Lynx
12-10-2007, 03:52 PM
umm if they came up with a good name i guess but i want my kids innitials to be SSA that way i can say he's ass backwards. so maybe they could help me pick out a first name with S and a middle one.

why are there triangle appreciation days? :D is there a trapazoid appreciation day?

Anno Domini
12-10-2007, 04:01 PM
stay away from the kiddie creeper!

Peegee
12-10-2007, 04:01 PM
Nobody in their right mind would let me name their kid.

I'm gonna name my first daughter Amanda. Amanda Chan. After Shlupduck.

Deborah
12-10-2007, 07:07 PM
It used to be, well at least with Italian Catholics, that the god parents would name the kids, yep thats how my grandma got the name Albina, middle name Gilda. So its not a good idea, although if you didn't name them your kids could never be mad at you about their name.:p

Old Manus
12-10-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm naming your children moot, max, W.T. Snacks and BeastUK