PDA

View Full Version : Help Finding a Song

Innocent Dimande
12-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Okay, here's a rundown of what's going on. My audition so that I may perform in the school talent show is tomorrow. I was planning on singing Moonlight Densetsu, the original theme song of the anime Sailor Moon.

I figured that I probably wouldn't find the C.D. in any stores because the U.S. lost rights to it a long time ago; and if I could find it, it would be at an outrageous price. I wasn't too sure about iTunes having it either, and it didn't, so I began my search. After three hours I still could not find it anywhere in the format that I needed. It was either the wrong file type or the wrong version every single time. I would have checked Limewire, but my mother doesn't like that site and I was only planning on using it as a last resort.

I would love you for eternity if you would be able to find for me the above mentioned song with the following requirements:

*MP3 or similar format (not a MIDI file!)
*Version sung by DALI or Moon Lips only
*The lyrics are that of the theme only (I don't want the extended C.D. version)
*Please, if you can, find it on a site that is actually legal

That's all I can think of...like I said, I'd appreciate it a lot. Mods, I'd like to appologize beforehand if this is a stupid topic/not allowed. I checked the rules again, and it didn't mention anything against asking for help finding songs. But if you don't appreciate it, I appologize.

~Innocent Dimande

blackmage_nuke
12-10-2007, 11:48 AM
If you really cant find it suggest looking on youtube then using some sound recording software to record it off your computer as a last resort. The standard sound recording program you get on windows or even windows movie maker should work

edit: i'll make it easier for you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a73viBBTuz0)

edit2: theres should also be some standard recording program if you use an apple computer (which in my opinion is actually better than the windows sound recorder)

rubah
12-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Dang. I have the sailor moon dvds at home, but I don't think I'll be able to get them in time for you :(

Aerith's Knight
12-10-2007, 05:01 PM
boy.. not even on all my dl pages

KoShiatar
12-10-2007, 05:38 PM
This belongs in the Help forum.
And, maybe I can hel you. :)

Edit: Hummm.... maybve mine is the CD version, not TV version. But whatever.

P.S. Did you try ITunes?

starseeker
12-10-2007, 06:03 PM
I have the original Japanese song Moonlight Densetsu on my computer, although I have a bad feeling it's the CD version, not the TV version. The usual anime music site I use doesn't have the TV version. If you're really desperate I can cut down the version I have to the TV length.

Baloki
12-10-2007, 11:32 PM
This sounds highly illegal to me, and also the rights are still valid within the US as the anime is still shown over there along with the right's being owned by Sony anyways :D

Selena_Akariko
12-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Ami Mizuno and... - Музыка (http://ami-mizuno.narod.ru/Multi/audio.htm)

There :) Go and download it :)

I like the full version much more, though.

:save: Selena

Innocent Dimande
12-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Selena_Akariko, I think I love you. Thank you, and thank you to everyone who replied.

KoShiatar- Sorry! ^^; And thanks for the help, it was the C.D. version though. Oh well, at least I have both on my computer now!

Baloki- Yep, it probably is. Really? To my knowledge, it is not broadcast on any major channel and Naoko Takeuchi has revoked all the U.S. rights to Sailor Moon. That's why it's not sold in stores anymore. Unless you have the patience I do not possess to dig around for it.

Selena_Akariko- I like the full version more too, but for some reason I can never get the last half of the lyrics to stick. I'm not sure why, because I've been listening to it for around the same time as the T.V. version.

~Innocent Dimande

crono_logical
12-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Shame I was away on a course the past two weeks, otherwise I could have uploaded both DALI and Moon Lips versions for you :p Full versions are always good :p