PDA

View Full Version : RPG Maker VX

Markus. D
12-11-2007, 02:28 AM
RPG Maker VX - RMVX News, Maker Information, and Community (http://www.rpgmakervx.com/)

Looks kewl~

:3

I look forward to purchasing the english ^^

Edit: Enterbrain says it won't be released until around feb 08 :[
edit edit: Trailer - RPG MAKER VX (http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/tkool/products/rpgvx/eng/download.html) I'd give it a watch, they've even updated the Ruby Scripting according to the video.

Levian
12-11-2007, 02:37 AM
Ooh, that Generate Dungeon function seems awfully sexy. Making maps of the same landscape over and over again gets boring quick. Hopefully they have more creator friendly text boxes too.

Yes, I also look forward to purchasing this. :shifty:

Markus. D
12-11-2007, 02:39 AM
Ooh, that Generate Dungeon function seems awfully sexy. Making maps of the same landscape over and over again gets boring quick. Hopefully they have more creator friendly text boxes too.

I like the re-worked animation system.

We can get some KHII-Esque flashing pretty beams everywhere now~

also, it looks so much more refined than both XP and 2k3 and 2k.

browsing page by page makes me want it MOAR... hopefully they fixed alot of the damage glitches in RMXP when it came to the battle system.

Karellen
12-11-2007, 02:42 AM
RPG Maker VX? Wow is that a dumb name.

Looks pretty cool I guess. Seems to be a fusion of RPG Maker XP and 2003. The screenshots look awfully similar to the SNES Final Fantasy games, but I guess that's all people who use this really want to make anyway. At least they didn't take it too far and go back to ATB.

Yar
12-11-2007, 03:29 AM
I'd say I was buying this game, except I have the feeling my RPG would end up like all the others: I'd finish the database part and the map, but then I end up stopping out of boredom and lack of motivation.

Lawr
12-11-2007, 03:31 AM
Smurfing Awesome.

Markus. D
12-11-2007, 04:07 AM
I'd say I was buying this game, except I have the feeling my RPG would end up like all the others: I'd finish the database part and the map, but then I end up stopping out of boredom and lack of motivation.

I have a purchased version of XP on my old PC.

I was about 33% complete overall with a game I was making, but stopped due to VISTA SUCKS. :3

So I myself enjoy the neat-ness of it for long periods of time ^_^

oddler
12-11-2007, 04:58 AM
I'd really rather not have to transfer everything over to VX. :tongue:

But cool, nonetheless.

Larahl
12-11-2007, 01:43 PM
I just read about it on Wikipedia a few days ago.
I'm really looking forward to it.

After reading I started messing around with my old RM2K.
I really love this program.

Karellen
12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
I just finished watching the trailer on the main site. Lol @ the pseudo 3D Gundam battle they put in the 'you can customize the code to do anything you want!' section. I think they might be giving people slightly unrealistic expectations there.

Markus. D
12-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Not really... The whole 3d thing has been evidently done (years ago :S) with both 2k3 and XP, donno about 2k. :]

They make it sound effortless though :S... which is BLASPHEMY!

Karellen
12-12-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm sure it can be done. I just think it's funny they used it as an example since there is no way most people would ever be able to make anything even remotely as nice. At least with the XP trailer they showed modded games that were relatively feasible.

Captain Maxx Power
12-12-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm so geek chic these days I don't use RPG Maker, I use code everything from scratch. :cool:

Markus. D
12-12-2007, 03:08 AM
That's 70% more of your soul stolen :p

Psychotic
12-12-2007, 04:02 AM
I might have a look at it, but RPG Maker 2k has my heart.