PDA

View Full Version : Man stuck in bathroom for four days O_o

escobert
12-11-2007, 06:47 AM
BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | North East/N Isles | Man's four days trapped in toilet (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/north_east/7136288.stm)

what would you do with your time?

Rengori
12-11-2007, 06:50 AM
Fap?

escobert
12-11-2007, 06:52 AM
for four days? damn kid.

Rengori
12-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Well it'd eat up some time at least.

rubah
12-11-2007, 07:09 AM
Dang. I'd think I'd start trying to like claw through the door or something.

ShunNakamura
12-11-2007, 07:27 AM
Dang. I'd think I'd start trying to like claw through the door or something.

Hmm.. I wonder how and what the door was made of. I have kicked down some decently solid doors before[nothing too big before, but I don't limit myself to the toy doors], so you can guess what I would attempt.

The poor guy, I wonder if it was really four days? However, I guess that is one way to get a person to go on a diet[and at least he had a toilet].

blackmage_nuke
12-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Spend all day trying to fix the handle

Old Manus
12-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Kick the door down.

Breine
12-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Take long baths..?

Aerith's Knight
12-11-2007, 11:43 AM
write epic poems about how being trapped in a bathroom makes you appriciate life and gives you a new perspective.. then flush it down the toilet.. then repeat several times a day.

Captain Maxx Power
12-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Kick the door down.

Yeah seriously, I ain't getting stuck in no toilet for four days.

KentaRawr!
12-11-2007, 12:25 PM
I'd attempt to knock the door down, and if I really couldn't, I'd look for other ways to escape. If there was none, well, I'd be trapped for four days.

Peegee
12-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Zzzzzzzzzz

Oh and kick the door down. Pew pew!

No.78
12-11-2007, 01:59 PM
What was it like a door painted to a wall or something?

Slothy
12-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Like others said, kick the door down. The only thing I can think of is that the door must have opened inwards. That'd make kicking it down rather difficult, especially if it was a big metal door like most public bathrooms I've ever been in have. That could make kicking it down difficult, if not impossible, but I would still have spent the next four days trying to either remove the actual handle mechanism keeping it closed, or get the damn hinges off. Like some others have said, there's no way I'm stuck in a bathroom for four days.

Jessweeee♪
12-11-2007, 02:52 PM
I dunno...sleep, yell, hopefully I had my purse with me which always hads my DS and charger...and hopefully there's an outlet so I can charge the DS when the battery dies :p

fire_of_avalon
12-11-2007, 03:16 PM
You guys are missing a huge point here.

They only clean the bathroom every four days.

UGH.

Old Manus
12-11-2007, 03:24 PM
It obviously wasn't in use for four days in a row.

demondude
12-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Knocking the door down with all my might would be a decent idea.
The scariest bit would be if someone slips my homework through the bottom of the door. :(

James Leopold
12-11-2007, 06:00 PM
I would use a handy permanent marker to write cryptic messages over every part of the cubicle. I would then drown myself by sticking my head down the toilet. The messages would take the best scientists 108 years to figure out and after their long and hard work the answer will eventually be 42.

demondude
12-11-2007, 06:02 PM
I would use a handy permanent marker to write cryptic messages over every part of the cubicle. I would then drown myself by sticking my head down the toilet. The messages would take the best scientists 108 years to figure out and after their long and hard work the answer will eventually be 42.

Are you sure a scientist would spend 108 years studying toilet graffiti?

James Leopold
12-11-2007, 06:09 PM

Are you sure a scientist would spend 108 years studying toilet graffiti?

No of course not. There would be two scientists. :)

Zeldy
12-11-2007, 06:10 PM
You guys are missing a huge point here.

They only clean the bathroom every four days.

UGH.

That's what I was thinking! ew ;;

demondude
12-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Your missing the very obvious point.:moomba:

James Leopold
12-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Your missing the very obvious point.:moomba:

Yes, I know. Just my pathetic attempt at being funny.

ScottNUMBERS
12-11-2007, 06:35 PM
four days? crap

Mirage
12-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Either the guy was a complete pussy, or the bathroom door was insanely durable. I would have tried to haxor the lock first, and if that didn't work, I'd just use brute force. And there's a lot of brute force in me!

The Ceej
12-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't believe he was trapped in there for four days? I mean, seriously. Some pretty good points have been made. No one used it since him. No one cleaned it the whole time he was in there. No one even came close enough to it to hear him bang on the door. It never occured to him to force his way out, even after four days.

He was in there for four minutes and made a huge deal about it in an an attempt to get someone to feel sorry for him and expedite his escape.

Aerith's Knight
12-11-2007, 07:59 PM
he prob knew that the only place you could be locked up for more then 4 days would be a bathroom.. seeing as you would die from thirst anywhere else.. what an emo git

Heath
12-12-2007, 12:39 AM
I doubt it was deliberate. Even I've got better things to do than spend four days in a toilet on purpose. I saw the story in The Guardian earlier today when I flicked through a copy someone had left on the train. My immediate thoughts were "well, I hope I'd have my DS!"

CimminyCricket
12-12-2007, 01:27 AM
I wouldn't have gotten stuck in the damn toilet in the first place. >:c(

Jessweeee♪
12-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Actually I almost got trapped in the restroom once :exdee:

During the sixth grade we did a play (I got to be a birdie and a river and a tree!) and during the cast party we decided we'd play hide and go seek! Well the person who was IT was female so half of us hid in the men's room (it was like 9PM so we were sure it was empty). The janitor locked the door while we were hiding, then remembered that he left something in there and came back XD

Jojee
12-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't believe he was trapped in there for four days? I mean, seriously. Some pretty good points have been made. No one used it since him. No one cleaned it the whole time he was in there. No one even came close enough to it to hear him bang on the door. It never occured to him to force his way out, even after four days.

He was in there for four minutes and made a huge deal about it in an an attempt to get someone to feel sorry for him and expedite his escape.

Yeah, what the hell? XD How can you get stuck in a toilet for 4 days?

Mirage
12-12-2007, 03:45 AM
he prob knew that the only place you could be locked up for more then 4 days would be a bathroom.. seeing as you would die from thirst anywhere else.. what an emo git

I'm actually a bit sceptical to how long someone can survive without water. 4 days doesn't sound like a lot, really. I mean, sure, you'd be in really, really bad shape, and maybe unconscious, but dead? I just don't know about that.

escobert
12-12-2007, 03:49 AM
Yeah I think it's like 6 days maybe? I'm not sure on that.

Madame Adequate
12-12-2007, 03:51 AM

I don't like the Beeb's stance, but they do tend to check their facts.

Mirage
12-12-2007, 04:01 AM
That being said, I'm not going to test how long I can go without water

escobert
12-12-2007, 04:03 AM
That being said, I'm not going to test how long I can go without water

yeah I wouldn't recommend that :p

The Ceej
12-12-2007, 04:13 AM

I don't like the Beeb's stance, but they do tend to check their facts.

Yeah, but as far as anyone knows, he was trapped there. Who's going to question a guy who yells, "Let me out! I've been in here for four days!" Who? I will. Explain to me how you managed to get trapped in there for four days with no one ever getting close enough to the bathroom for you to be noticed. You're lying, I say.

rubah
12-12-2007, 05:16 AM
I can imagine getting trapped in a school bathroom for four days like jesse almost was, those doors are thick.

Markus. D
12-12-2007, 06:56 AM
/dance * with the lightbulb?

blackmage_nuke
12-12-2007, 07:15 AM
Well actually if i was trapped for more than half a day i would plug the sink and turn the taps on and hope when someone outside notices a giant puddle on the floor they'll investigate

Loony BoB
12-12-2007, 10:55 AM
After reading the finer details from other websites, I find the story very believable.

cloud21zidane16
12-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Well actually if i was trapped for more than half a day i would plug the sink and turn the taps on and hope when someone outside notices a giant puddle on the floor they'll investigate

Thats quite a good idea:D Just think how boring it would be though for 4 whole days!!!:eek:

Madame Adequate
12-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Yeah, but as far as anyone knows, he was trapped there. Who's going to question a guy who yells, "Let me out! I've been in here for four days!" Who?

A journalist. Which is what the BBC employs. To do journalistic things like checking facts before publishing a story. :monster:

Loony BoB
12-12-2007, 01:18 PM
I imagine it would be pretty hard to fake starvation and that whole 'white and shaking' thing that the cleaner pointed out sounds pretty reasonable. He's 55, so it's not like he could break the door down easily, too. He was at a place that is pretty much abandoned during the times he was there and in a bathroom that doesn't seem to get used very often. I know some bathroom doors (not the individual toilet doors, but the bathroom doors) are very hard to smash open anyway. I'm sure he would have thought it through in the four days.

It seems a viable story to me. I mean, it's weird, but if it wasn't weird you wouldn't be reading about it in the papers, now, would you? "I got stuck in the toilet for four hours" doesn't exactly make the news. Unless your Paris Hilton.

I'm sure the guy would have seen a doctor as well as the local news, though.

Dolentrean
12-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Weather or not he was in there, and saying I couldn't get out and had to spend four days in there, here would be my scedual.

Well first things first I would find every bit of text written on the wall, and then write a witty comeback to each and every one. Then I would probably write a bathroom poetry epic on par with The Inferno or Paradise lost. Then I would learn to appreciated the sturdiness of a good bathroom door and make a mental note to send a letter to the manufacture telling them that there handiwork is indeed top notch. After than I would muse about life, and living it for awhile. Then I would draw dirty pictures inside of every stall… I think that would be a pretty rich full day…

Aerith's Knight
12-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Weather or not he was in there, and saying I couldn't get out and had to spend four days in there, here would be my scedual.

Well first things first I would find every bit of text written on the wall, and then write a witty comeback to each and every one. Then I would probably write a bathroom poetry epic on par with The Inferno or Paradise lost. Then I would learn to appreciated the sturdiness of a good bathroom door and make a mental note to send a letter to the manufacture telling them that there handiwork is indeed top notch. After than I would muse about life, and living it for awhile. Then I would draw dirty pictures inside of every stall… I think that would be a pretty rich full day…

and then there were 3 more..

The Ceej
12-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah, but as far as anyone knows, he was trapped there. Who's going to question a guy who yells, "Let me out! I've been in here for four days!" Who?

A journalist. Which is what the BBC employs. To do journalistic things like checking facts before publishing a story.

But reporters don't ask the tough questions anymore. They ask what they need to ask to get a story. Seriously. How many times, over the past seven years, have you seen a reporter question Bush on anything important? If the guy says he's been in there for four days, and they question that, and it turns out he was lying, they no longer have a story. I just can't believe a guy could be locked in a public restroom that long. It's not plausible.

Dolentrean
12-12-2007, 08:01 PM

and then there were 3 more..

Well for the rest of the time in there, I would try to put together a musical number with a great dance routine, you know... to prompt a room to spontaneously break into dance. I would start flushing toilets a lot to run up the water bill of the company that locked me in the bathroom, and then maybe wonder if I was missing scrubs, and reminisce on my favorite episodes... that is day 2

Tallulah
12-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Write an epic R&B number in goodness knows how many parts, called 'Trapped in the Toilet'

Yar
12-12-2007, 08:49 PM
If I were stuck in the bathroom, I would just s***.

demondude
12-12-2007, 08:52 PM
If I were stuck in the bathroom, I would just s***.

Please indulge me with more detail.

mooglebunni608
12-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I'd TP the place.