PDA

View Full Version : The Worlds Greatest Love Story!!!

Cloud88
12-11-2007, 09:20 PM
OK, as we all know, final fantasy is world known and i believe that this is not only because of its AMAZING storylines, fantastic FMVs, and just general greatness, but also because of its intricate will-they-get-together-won't-they-get-together love stories. So, i want you guys to post your favourite video games, stories, films, whatever, that have your favourite characters and the love stories/couples involved. I'll do my favourites:

(1): Final Fantasy 9 Zidane and Garnet getting together. We all knew it was going to happen, but it was still brilliant none the less
(2): His Dark Materials Trilogy. This is a trilogy of books, for you lot that don't know. Lyra and Will. WHY??? Need i say more?
(3): Final Fantasy 10: Yeah, i know, only third but Tidus and Yuna just didn't have as big an impact on me as Zidane and Garnet
(4); Final Fantasy 8: Squall and Rinoa. The taciturn hero, the bubbly heroine. What an odd but fitting couple
(5): Shadow Hearts: Covenant The love triangle of Yuri, Karin and Alice was, throughout the whole game, soooooooo cool. I feel sorry for Karin!:(

That's all i can think of for now, but i'll post more if i think of anymore.

Bolivar
12-11-2007, 09:27 PM
MGS3 - Big Boss & Eva!!! that ish was hOt.

Vermachtnis
12-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Persona 3 - MC and Chihiro and Yuko and Yukari and Mitsuru and Fuuka and Aigis

Dreddz
12-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Hana and Rain from Fear Effect. Can't top lesbian lovers.

Big D
12-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Gabe and Lian from the Syphon Filter series. One of these days they'll just have to get over themselves and admit how they feel. They've both come close a couple of times, but it'd be great to see them finally get together.

Jessweeee♪
12-12-2007, 01:05 AM
FFX!

So so beautiful ; ;

NeoCracker
12-12-2007, 01:29 AM
FFX!

So so beautiful ; ;

Yes, nothing quite as beautiful as a good laugh. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=BU8-e-C4Uy0)

PS: I didn't want to look for just the laughing part, to much time involved. So I give you the whole scene.

Basic123s
12-22-2007, 06:51 PM
MGS3 - Big Boss & Eva!!! that ish was hOt.

YES.

OK it wasn't exactly love, but COME ON! It was HOT.

Madame Adequate
12-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Wander and Mono.

Aerith's Knight
12-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Vaan and Penelope in FFXII revenant wings secret ending

Disco Potato
12-23-2007, 12:01 AM
FFX!

So so beautiful ; ;

Yes, nothing quite as beautiful as a good laugh. (http://youtube.com/watch?v=BU8-e-C4Uy0)

PS: I didn't want to look for just the laughing part, to much time involved. So I give you the whole scene.

Tidus sounds even scarier in the Japanese version :lol:
YouTube - Tidus and Yuna Laughing in Japanese (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XBHIgh3MEJU&feature=related)

Anyways, a lot of people seem to hate the laughing scene because of the laughs themselves, but once you get over them it's actually a really nice scene. It shows a lot about Yuna's character (her awareness of her importance, her strength, optimism, drive, etc.), her growing closer to Tidus, and about people finding the "something" (can't think of the word :p) in them to be happy even when circumstances are hard. At the same time, it manages to be pretty funny (intentionally, I think). And people discount all that because the laughs sound weird :p

/rant

So yeah, I haven't played a lot of games with romance, but out of the ones I have, I like FFX's a lot.

Can't think of any romances in movies and books that I like right now, but I'm sure there are some...

Nicollette
12-23-2007, 12:12 AM
for me, nothing beats... Laguna and Raine. There wasn't much to learn from FF8 but i think that is so much better because i can kinda create my own Laguna/Raine romance in my own heart.

Mr Cactuar
12-23-2007, 02:01 AM
Wander and Mono.

Yeah, it was better then whatever they had in Ico.

But I have to go with FFX. Or Cloud and Aerith in FFVII, though that was a weird love.

Aerith's Knight
12-23-2007, 02:43 AM
for me, nothing beats... Laguna and Raine. There wasn't much to learn from FF8 but i think that is so much better because i can kinda create my own Laguna/Raine romance in my own heart.

i agree.. they were awsome.. they shouldve had a family with ellone and all that.. it was so cute :(

Rianoa
12-23-2007, 03:46 AM
sorry i have to say 10 its so cute :)

blackmage_nuke
12-23-2007, 04:29 AM
I'd have to say VI
Like when Celes is about to fall and Locke catches her at the end and that FMV at the end where it shows the scene where they first meet and he bursts through the door and..:cry:

Karellen
12-23-2007, 04:31 AM
Ramza and Alma.

Roto13
12-23-2007, 04:31 AM
FFX!

So so beautiful ; ;

YouTube - Tidus and Yuna Laughing in Japanese (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XBHIgh3MEJU&feature=related)

Wow. Not only does he sound like a bird when he's doing the fake laugh, but when he's laughing for real he sounds even more retarded! xD

NeoCracker
12-23-2007, 06:41 AM
FFX!

So so beautiful ; ;

Wow. Not only does he sound like a bird when he's doing the fake laugh, but when he's laughing for real he sounds even more retarded! xD

He really does sound retarded! :p

Ramza Beoulve
12-23-2007, 06:47 AM
Wander and Mono.Perfect Victory.

Dolentrean
12-23-2007, 06:54 AM
Umm... Peach and Bowser! Its a long shot, but he will get her eventually!

Seriously, I really liked the very very slight development of romance in battle royal the book, It was more along the lines of the start of something developing but it was still cool.

The romance was kinda cheesy in 10 but it was still enjoyable, the ending really made a huge impact.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
12-23-2007, 01:03 PM
I like the love story in the original Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic but the love story in KotOR II: The Sith Lords really sucks you're not Bioware, Obsidian Entertainment don't ever try to do a love story again!!!

Revan: You wish to speak with me?

Bastila: Yes...how did you know?

Revan: Well...you keep staring, at me do you see anything you like?

Bastila: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant, man I've ever met and besides I know you can't be serious, because I was obviously NOT staring in your direction!

Bastila was feistier than Princess Leia!:D

Slothy
12-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Wander and Mono.

Yes, but I'd say Ico and Yorda is up there as well. Even though it's not clear there was any romantic love there, you don't go charging back into a castle full of monsters for an acquaintance.

Mr Cactuar
12-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Wander and Mono.

Yes, but I'd say Ico and Yorda is up there as well. Even though it's not clear there was any romantic love there, you don't go charging back into a castle full of monsters for an acquaintance.

'You don't simply walk into a castle full of monsters'
'You dance'

Dr. Acula
12-24-2007, 04:35 AM
(2): His Dark Materials Trilogy. This is a trilogy of books, for you lot that don't know. Lyra and Will. WHY??? Need i say more?

It's a shame they couldn't be together in the end.:(

Agreed.

Yuffie514
12-28-2007, 05:34 AM
I am giving my vote to Tidus and Yuna.

Lynx
12-28-2007, 06:19 AM
FFVI locke and rachel i mean look at the exstent he went just to save her.

Rostum
12-28-2007, 08:05 AM
In my opinion out of the Final Fantasy games, Garnet and Zidane seem to pull off a decent enough love story without it becoming unbearably cheesy and lame.

I've never really been hooked into games from their love stories.

Shlup
12-28-2007, 10:17 PM
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The looks Link gives Ilia are totally hot. But his destiny lies with the princess! Who will he choose?

Even I haven't decided.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Ramza and Alma.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is incest you are talking about.

Vermachtnis
12-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Ramza and Alma.

Yea, but...

1) ...they don't worry about that as much in Japan.
2) ...back in the day higher ups mated within the family to keep the blood pure.
3) ...I think they're only like half-brother and sister.
4) ...all the above.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-29-2007, 01:26 AM
Ramza and Alma.

Yea, but...

1) ...they don't worry about that as much in Japan.
2) ...back in the day higher ups mated within the family to keep the blood pure.
3) ...I think they're only like half-brother and sister.
4) ...all the above.
They are full fledge siblings. Also, it tended to be cousins or another branch of the family line not fromt he immediate family. Plus FFT did not hint at a relationship any more than brother-sister between the two.

NeoCracker
12-29-2007, 01:35 AM
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

The looks Link gives Ilia are totally hot. But his destiny lies with the princess! Who will he choose?

Even I haven't decided.

Screw that. It's all about LinkxMinda. Rawr.

Wolf Kanno
12-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Elly and Fei from Xenogears. Wars, social status, death, romantic rivals, betrayal and reincarnation! And yet they still percervere and wind up together. Still one of my favorite in gaming and to this day it makes all the love plots in the FF series look like a joke.

Though its not really a true romantic relationship, Ryu and Nina from BoFV: Dragon Quarter easily had one of the most heartwrenching momemts when you think about the level of sacrifices they go through for each other. A true tear-jerker ending...

Tatsuya and Maya from Persona 2:Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment. Granted Tatsuya technically can wind up with Lisa or Jun if the player wishes but I think its obvious that these two were meant to be... Its a shame she'll probably wind up with Katsyua instead since the two are seperated by parallel worlds.