PDA

View Full Version : Winamp/Yahoo conflictions.

Cactuar2000
11-10-2001, 04:13 PM
Ok, I must be doing something wrong here. Whenever I hear people in voice chat and they get a message from someone, the sound can be heard from their Yahoo, but whenever I have Yahoo voice chat on, it's the ONLY thing I can hear.

Yahoo and Winamp are two things I want to run alongside each other, but my winamp just tells me the output is already in use.. suggestions?

crono_logical
11-10-2001, 04:28 PM
It means Yahoo is hogging your output device to itself, and won't let anything else use it. Usually it only happens with MIDI devices though :p

Can you change what device Yahoo uses for output, to DirectSound for example, since I that can't be hogged, if something else also wants to use DirectSound, it gets its own instance of that device :D

Or change WinAmp's output, I think that can also be changed between DirectSound and WaveOut. DirectSound is better, it gives you better control of the sound output without affecting other programs :)

Cactuar2000
11-10-2001, 04:36 PM
I have the directsound output for Winamp, but it still won't play alongside voice chat. :/ It sounds pants anyway. xD I'll see if I can control Yahoo instead.