PDA

View Full Version : Making games more interesting!

Jessweeee♪
12-11-2007, 10:52 PM
So what are some fun things you like to do to make your games more fun? Whenever my brother and I play Tekken, one of us will use the DDR mat.
It always goes like this:

Me: *start*
Chrissywissy: *unpause*
*start*
*unpause*
*start*
*unpause*
STOP TRYING TO HIT ME I NEED TO FIX THE CONTROLS >:[

We also unplug the video thing so no one can see! It's really funny :exdee:

It's especially fun to set it so one hit kills :monster:

Evastio
12-11-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm not sure if this counts but I once tried to play Super Smash Bros. Melee one handed using Mr. Game and Watch. It didn't turn out so well but I didn't come in last.

Roto13
12-12-2007, 01:36 AM
I once played the original Smash Bros with one hand against my friend because I had a milkshake in the other hand. I won. :P

Dolentrean
12-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I once played Halo and Devil May Cry at the same time... It was hard... thats not to say I didnt win, it just took me awile.

Strawberry_Mew
12-12-2007, 06:11 PM
I once played DDR with the Dance Pad but didn't use my feet but my hands lol

I also play Video Games and Text my friends at the same time 2 XD

Vermachtnis
12-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Me and my friends add dialog when roaming around.

Yar
12-12-2007, 07:41 PM
This gives my games more replayability: I change the language from English to another language I'm studying. Seeing it in other languages also can clarify the story.

oddler
12-12-2007, 08:55 PM
This gives my games more replayability: I change the language from English to another language I'm studying. Seeing it in other languages also can clarify the story.

Wow, I can't believe I never thought about that before. That would be an entertaining way to learn. :)

Gnostic Yevon
12-12-2007, 09:03 PM

I've actually tried playing FFI in Japanese. The thing is that I'm not very good at reading Kanji properly, so I end up recognizing the symbols so I can find what I want.

Jack & Daxter however sounds funnier in German than English. Mostly because my German amounts to "Was ist ihr Name?" and "Wie Gehts ist Ihnen?" in short practically nothing.

Ramza Beoulve
12-12-2007, 11:24 PM
I did that to work my english in my childhood :).

kjguydftxyjy
12-14-2007, 09:05 AM
I want to try playing FFI in Japanese.

ReloadPsi
12-14-2007, 09:55 AM

You would not believe the effect this has on FF8. Granted you can't just switch the language but I've been posting screenies on what changes in the version sold in France.

Also, Duke Nukem 3D or the early DOOM games on their maxium difficulty where the enemies respawn after an undisclosed period of time is a good laugh. In Duke Nukem they don't come back if you can blow up their corpses but in DOOM there's no way around it! Frickin' crazy.

No.78
12-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Tekken on a dancemat sounds like the best thing ever.

I wish I had 2 dancemats...

Aerith's Knight
12-14-2007, 12:51 PM
i once played FF7 while sitting upside down.. for several hours.. the chair was just so comfy like that :p

Cz
12-14-2007, 04:10 PM
FPS games can get a little repetitive after a while, so to mix things up when playing with my friends, we like to have one person leave the room and have the others customise their controls in the most bizarre way possible. It's a giggle watching someone trying to throw a grenade only to find out that it's the crouch button, or discovering, after minutes of experimentation, that fire has been assigned to the left D-Pad button. :D

Co-op controllers can also be fun, with each person taking one half of a controller, and trying to co-ordinate their commands with a team-mate. Even better, have one person sit with their back to the screen, and have the other person try and guide them. This is especially hilarious when playing Super Smash Bros.

Gnostic Yevon
12-15-2007, 01:39 PM
I want to try playing FFI in Japanese.

Just get the PSP version, go to settings. You have the option of English, Japanese, or Japanese Kana. The Kana setting is actually hiragana, but it's kinda fun. I learned to recognize "ra" and "ga" that way, just from trying to make sure I got all the good black magic spells.

Madame Adequate
12-15-2007, 02:07 PM
I was on the phone last night and was playing Halo :3 with one hand. I tells ya, beating a guy down like that is giant win.

Aerith's Knight
12-15-2007, 03:40 PM
making a drinking game from gaming.. everytime you get attacked in a FF game, you have to take a sip :)

now that will get you drunk fast :p

Markus. D
12-15-2007, 04:28 PM
pppssssh, Not if you had something that allowed you to null/dodge attacks completely :P

On Topic: Sound Test ^-^~ for some reason... :S

Ultima Shadow
12-15-2007, 10:25 PM
FF8: Beat Omega Weapon and a few other bosses blindfolded etc.

Crash Team Racing/Crash Nitro Kart: Beating one of my friends at Inferno Island, 3 laps, while drinking two glasses of milk. I wasn't allowed to finish my final lap until I had drinked all the milk. :greenie:

Age of Empires 2: Playing against another one of my friends, both of us being allowed to use cheat codes. (no instant-win codes, but we were both allowed to summon armies of uber-powerful cars and stuff). xD

Worms World Party: 2xDamage and Wormage (all weapons aviable from start).

Breine
12-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Me and one of my friends used to turn the TV off when playing certain fighting games (e.g. Bloody Roar) and then record the whole thing on VHS. We'd then watch the whole thing afterwards and have a laugh at what our button mashing had done.. Dorky? Yes.. but also funny :bigsmile:

Chocomage
12-18-2007, 05:10 PM
I bought Super Mario DDR and used my fingers to play the game on the pad, it was really sensitive and I was showing off to friends.