PDA

View Full Version : Itadakimasu~

Momiji
12-12-2007, 02:16 AM
This thread is about sushi. Do you like sushi? I like sushi.

Topic: Name your favorite sushi if you like sushi. If you do not like sushi, explain why you do not like sushi. Be sure to use the word sushi as much as possible in your post about sushi in this sushi thread.

My favorite is shrimp nigiri-sushi! ^^

Tasura
12-12-2007, 02:18 AM
I like sushi, sushi is good, lobster maki rolls and Inari sushi are my favorite, I also like sashimi.

Momiji
12-12-2007, 02:24 AM
I like sushi, sushi is good, lobster maki rolls and Inari sushi are my favorite, I also like sashimi.

Lobster maki rolls sound fantastic!

I've never had sashimi though.

Aerith's Knight
12-12-2007, 02:24 AM
my sushi, i dont know if i like sushi, for sushi is simply sushi, which is sushi fish with sushi rice and sushi sauce and i dont know if sushi like sushi tuna is something for my sushi, cause by sushi i dont like sushi.. the sushi is getting cold, i dont want to go home and find the dog in the sushi.

sushi sushi sushi suuushi

DK
12-12-2007, 03:32 AM
Tuna Nigiri and Sashimi are both awesome. I like Sushi.

Clouded Sky
12-12-2007, 03:38 AM
Mmm! Gotta love nigiri-zushi! I never had any until this summer, and it was pretty good. My favorites being maguro (tuna) tako (octopus) and shako, which is some crazy shrimp-but-not-really-a-shrimp thing.

I also really like tuna and snapper sashimi! Not something I could eat everyday, but still good, nonetheless.

Sushi bars are just so much fun! You just wait for the good stuff to show up on the belt.

Mirage
12-12-2007, 03:58 AM
I had sushi once. I do not remember what kind of sushi that sushi was, but I didn't think sushi tastes all that awesome that people hype sushi up to be. That being said, sushi didn't taste terrible either. I would eat sushi if I was served sushi, but I wouldn't actively seek out sushi bars or anything.

Should I try to use "sushi" even more than this? I'm not sure if I could use "sushi" more even if I tried. Oh wait, I just used "sushi" two more times! Seems like I really can use "sushi more than that then!

Clouded Sky
12-12-2007, 04:01 AM
I will say, I've had sushi once in the states, and it wasn't bad, but it was so much better in Japan. I now refuse to eat sushi except for in Japan.

Momiji
12-12-2007, 04:06 AM
I want to go to Japan very badly. But I want to learn the language fluently (which I am NOWHERE close) beforehand.

I never did figure out what those pink flake things are though, they're served on the side, so I never bothered with them. What are they?

Mirage
12-12-2007, 04:14 AM
Oh yeah. I ate my sushi at a Japanese restaurant in China. Dunno if that counts for anything!

KoShiatar
12-12-2007, 07:36 AM
I am a sushi lover. If I think about sushi, well, I feel happy.
My favourite is salmon. Give me salmon sashimi any day of the week and you can throw any other snack out of the window!
I love the taste of soft fish melting on your tongue and giving away its juices, exalted by the salty yet gentle flavor of soy sauce, I love the delicate sweetness of rice, I love its perfume, picking the plate from the rich choice of the conveyor belt and having it in front of you exitantly waiting at first, then demanding to be tasted.
I love pickled ginger, wasabi and a good miso soup and green tea to accompany it all.
Sushi forever!!!!!!
http://www.anonimia.it/public/2007/03/sushi.jpg
http://www.anonimia.it/public/2007/03/sushi1.jpg
http://www.masuya.com.au/images/menu_07/musashi/sashimi-main.jpg

... Just talking about this I'm getting hungry... :mad:

Breine
12-12-2007, 09:36 AM
I've only had it once, and it was bought in a super market.. so I guess it wasn't as good as it should have been. Nonetheless, it tasted good. I plan on having lots of sushi when I go to Japan in little over a year from now :bigsmile:

Jimsour
12-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Sushi is godlike.

But its so expensive. Last time I went to Yo Sushi I came out with a 20 quid bill. I could easily spend £100 in there with no bother and come out hungry.

Loony BoB
12-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Makizushi is awesome. I could eat it by the bucketload. I'm not too sure on how much I like the other individual types of sushi, but I'm open to trying 'em.

Rostum
12-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Sushi is yummy yum yums. I like it wrapped in seaweed.

cloud21zidane16
12-12-2007, 11:06 AM
The food in those pictures look really nice:)

Jimsour
12-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Went and bought some tesco sushi when i was doing some shopping.

GODLIKE

Raebus
12-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I prefer my sushi fresher than fresh, so I dive into the sea and see a fish, then grab it with my manly hand and go back to the surface then eat it alive. Thats the manly way.

KoShiatar
12-12-2007, 01:02 PM
I would post in answer to Raebus a Youtube video I saw where a fish was literally cut up while still moving and served all arranged in a dish with its still gasping head, but I think most people would find that disgusting. However,

It's OK to eat fish 'cos they don't have any feelings.

@cloud21zidane16: It not only looks nice, it also tastes very good. If you don't like fish, of course, don't even try, it's not for you.

cloud21zidane16
12-12-2007, 02:13 PM
I would post in answer to Raebus a Youtube video I saw where a fish was literally cut up while still moving and served all arranged in a dish with its still gasping head, but I think most people would find that disgusting. However,

It's OK to eat fish 'cos they don't have any feelings.

@cloud21zidane16: It not only looks nice, it also tastes very good. If you don't like fish, of course, don't even try, it's not for you.

I like most fish, i really want some now:)

drotato
12-12-2007, 03:23 PM
I've only tried sushi once, so I'm not so sure on what it was called, but... it was very good. ^^

I prefer my sushi fresher than fresh, so I dive into the sea and see a fish, then grab it with my manly hand and go back to the surface then eat it alive. Thats the manly way.
Manly way? o O;;

Don't double post! Use the edit/delete button when you want to add something. -- foa

Raebus
12-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Yes, the manly way.

Do not take that seriously*

drotato
12-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Well, why not do it the girly way, so you don't have to worry about getting fish guts all over you? Just go buy it at the store. > >;;

Raebus
12-12-2007, 03:29 PM
It adds manly points, which allow me to upgrade to bear fighting manly status.

Jess
12-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Seafood makes me sick! So, no sushi for me please!

Loony BoB
12-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Raebus saying he is manly is so cute.

Lynx
12-12-2007, 03:59 PM
i like sushi ive only ever had it once and dont know what it was called but it was good id eat it again.

Raebus
12-12-2007, 04:01 PM
>=(

I'm slowly growing a beard, that shows how manly I am. ;;

Peegee
12-12-2007, 06:33 PM
I like Tempura ^_^

sushi is nice but I can not eat an entire meal of it. I need cooked meat.

fire_of_avalon
12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
I am a fan. I like the bastardized American stuff as well as the real thing. Tuna nigiri am win.

demondude
12-12-2007, 06:50 PM
I tried sushi once but my toilet enjoyed it more to be honest. :/

Jojee
12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
I loooove sushi <3 Spicy kinds. Yumyumyum :heart:

Old Manus
12-12-2007, 07:09 PM
People only like sushi because it's Japanese.

mooglebunni608
12-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Mmmmmm, I'm getting desperate, I haven't had sushi in months ><
My favorite isn't really sushi, it's salmon sashimi, and it is delishous!@

But I do like shrimp tempura! <3

Momiji
12-12-2007, 08:09 PM

That isn't always true. I absolutely abhor fish (shellfish not included, I LOVE shellfish), but I love sushi.

Lawr
12-12-2007, 08:11 PM
I like that rice stuff that's wrapped in seaweed. It's the only sushi I've ever eaten though.

ReloadPsi
12-12-2007, 08:12 PM
I've never tried sushi but I want to dammitall!

Tasura
12-12-2007, 10:06 PM

That isn't always true. I absolutely abhor fish (shellfish not included, I LOVE shellfish), but I love sushi.

There's also the Inari sushi I was talking about, it's sweet rice in a sweetened bean curd pastry like shell.

KoShiatar
12-13-2007, 02:17 AM

There's also the Inari sushi I was talking about, it's sweet rice in a sweetened bean curd pastry like shell.

Yeah! And there's tamago (scrumbled sweetened eggs), cucumber and other stuff as well. My boyfriend's mad about inari. I even considered boying the fried tofu to make it for him, but I need to get a recipe and see what kind I really need.

Momiji
12-13-2007, 02:29 AM

Isn't the bean curd stuff called miso or something?

mooglebunni608
12-13-2007, 04:15 AM

Actually, miso is fermented soybean paste. Bean curd is just another name for tofu, and what Chaos is talking about is super-thin deep fried tofu. <3

Momiji
12-14-2007, 03:36 AM

Actually, miso is fermented soybean paste. Bean curd is just another name for tofu, and what Chaos is talking about is super-thin deep fried tofu. <3

That sounds excellent though! Makes me wish I had some. I had a spicy shrimp roll tonight and it was very nice.

Roogle
12-14-2007, 01:59 PM
I am not knowledgable enough to determine the various types of sushi, but I love seafood enough that I can eat and love every single type of sushi out there except for the ones with vegetables in there.

Octopus, squid, fish — KoShiatar's pictures made me so hungry — but the thing I always say is, "IF IT'S UNDER THE SEA, IT'S GOOD FOR ME!" and I'm so loud that the words literally fly out of my mouth like a children's show and knock people over.

KoShiatar
12-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Pretty much the same for me, except octopus. I'm allergic to octopus. é_è

41-Inches-Wide
12-15-2007, 02:02 AM
I do not like sushi. It smells.

NeoTifa
12-15-2007, 02:57 AM
*pukes* thats my response

Momiji
12-15-2007, 06:45 AM
Pretty much the same for me, except octopus. I'm allergic to octopus. é_è

What about calimari (squid)? I don't know if that's a sushi ingredient, but I've had it before and didn't hate it.