PDA

View Full Version : I should probably turn my phone off

BardTard
12-12-2007, 07:41 PM
when I'm sleeping.

So last night when I was SLEEPING it was like 1 AM and I get a phone call from some guys. At first I thought it was my friend Tyler, who's like the only person who EVER calls me. Which is why I leave my phone on. I'd wake up for him. :D

So I answer and there's like 3 or 4 guys tossing the phone around saying "hey wanna go on a date" "hey baby" and I'm still half asleep, falling asleep on the phone, and I'm like "yeah. sure. uh huh. whatever." And one guy kept calling me Jenny and he said it like Forrest Gump.

Then I started thinking it was my friend Tyler and his brothers on the phone and I thought they were drunk, and then I was starting to really wake up.

Well I was starting to wake up when he kept asking me questions then I looked at the number and I'm like "WHO ARE YOU?? HOW DID YOU GET THIS NUMBER?? Okay I'm awake now I'm awake enough to know that I don't know you and I'm hanging up now so stop asking me questions... bye."

Well then they called me back and now some stranger is in love with me cus we both love Final Fantasy. Score + 1 for Whiffles. :D I told him I had a boyfriend though.

Then one of the guys said something about recording something for a prank or something. So I'd like to hear it, because we had to have been talking for at least an hour or so. And I have NO CLUE what I said. I don't even know if I said anything that wasn't just a response to anything that they said. So I hope they recorded it.

So... that was really interesting. I asked them where they got my number and they said they called a random number. They said they're not on my friends list on myspace (weren't, but they are now) and I never gave out my number on here... and I went to 411.com and did a reverse search and I don't know anyone that lives in the town from where they were from. :confused: Oh well.

So has anybody that you didn't know ever called you and you talked to them for like an hour? I still am very... confused. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I SAID!! This is going to drive me insane. I asked them what I said once I woke up and they said I was talking about threesomes. :lol: I was not... Maybe cuddle threesomes with a teddy bear...

So has anything like this ever happened to you?

cloud21zidane16
12-12-2007, 07:54 PM
No nothings ever gone on for that long with a stranger for me but it sounds fun:D

BardTard
12-12-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm thinking I should prank them tonight.

Lynx
12-12-2007, 08:16 PM
no more then like a minute. i usually get annoyed when someone calls me and its the wrong number. but one time for some reason i felt the need to tell the person that i knew someone by the same name as them but that person was a guy and not a girl (name was casey) and then the girl decided to still ot hang up so i had too.

Quindiana Jones
12-12-2007, 08:26 PM
Heh. I was ecstatically happy a few nights ago when this girl I know (a total babe, btw) called me at, like, 2 in the morning.

It was awesome. We talked till I had to hang up and get ready for college.

Jojee
12-12-2007, 08:28 PM
This asian guy called me once and asked for this asian name and I was like uh wrong number and he was like oh.... how're you? And then we talked for a while xD He had a really heavy Chinese accent or something, though.

Yar
12-12-2007, 08:57 PM
I have a personal rule of "if it reads 'Restricted,' I do not answer." Basically, if it's someone I'd care to talk to, I already have their number, or it'd appear on my phone.

That said, one time someone called me and just started asking questions. I sarcastically would re-stress the question back to them. (i.e. Who's your girlfriend? >> Who's YOUR girlfriend) Eventually they hung up. No one can prank call me, I can smell phony.

That said I did randomly dial a number and someone answered. We talked for about ten minutes until he said it was time to take his family out to dinner. Seemed like a nice guy.

blackmage_nuke
12-12-2007, 09:07 PM
If anyone ever called me at night i'd be so out of it I'd probably just think i set the alarm clock wrong and keep pushing buttons on my phone untill it turned stopped ringing then go back to sleep. I'd probably only realise it was a call when i wake up the second time from the real alarm and had time to think.

And i usually dont chat to strangers

Captain Maxx Power
12-12-2007, 09:37 PM
Rarely happens, and if it does it's usually something boring like business. I swear, my continual isolation from the random machinations of society at large are causing my pent up rage to just boil ever the more viciously.

Jojee
12-12-2007, 09:38 PM
I have a personal rule of "if it reads 'Restricted,' I do not answer." Basically, if it's someone I'd care to talk to, I already have their number, or it'd appear on my phone.

If it says restricted on my phone, 95% of the time it's my landlord :cry:

Cookie
12-12-2007, 09:40 PM
My mate called up and asked my mum if Freddy Kruger lived in our basement once, it was pretty funny.

Aerith's Knight
12-12-2007, 09:54 PM
i once needed 10 sms messages to explain that i in fact did not know the girl, i did not chat with her last night, i did not connect with her on a deep level and generally wasnt really interested in doing this sms thing any longer..

was prob a prank from one of my buddies

Tasura
12-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Sometime last year someone called my room and, obviously had the wrong number, they didn't believe me, so I hung up, they called again like 4 times, I eventually told them that they were idiots and to at least look at the phone when they're dialing a number. They didn't call back.

Sergeant Hartman
12-12-2007, 10:33 PM
And one guy kept calling me Jenny and he said it like Forrest Gump.
lol

Freya
12-13-2007, 12:16 AM
I didn't really know joy and I talked to her for 2 hrs! Um some kid I kinda knew called me once and I don't know how he got my number. He was creepy. I aviod him when ever he trys to call me now :eek:

leader of mortals
12-13-2007, 12:56 AM
One time a couple of girls I know(ugly girls btw:() called and I couldnt understand them. They were talking girl talk to eachother and trying to talk to me at the same time.

Jessweeee♪
12-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Nope! I don't like to talk on the phone n.n

rubah
12-13-2007, 02:09 AM
I've had weird people hit on me over the phone having called me randomly, and its really weird.

Momiji
12-13-2007, 02:35 AM
I didn't really know joy and I talked to her for 2 hrs! Um some kid I kinda knew called me once and I don't know how he got my number. He was creepy. I aviod him when ever he trys to call me now :eek:

You've talked to me for about an hour and a half before, remember?

CimminyCricket
12-13-2007, 04:28 AM
I leave my phone on all night just because I'm too lazy to turn it off. I almost never get calls. If I get called, it's because I left the porch light on again.

Freya
12-13-2007, 04:38 AM

You've talked to me for about an hour and a half before, remember?

Yeah but i've talked to denmark for a while too xD Jojee has the record of the moment.

The Ceej
12-13-2007, 03:14 PM
When I call people at night, and they complain that I woke them up, I always ask them why their phone was on if they were asleep. I always turn my phone off when I sleep, and if you really don't want to be bothered, that's why the phone has an off button. It's not my fault you were awakened in the middle of the night if your phone was on.

So, yes. You should turn your phone off when you sleep.

Loony BoB
12-13-2007, 03:32 PM
I've received prank calls from Wyllius, crono_logical, theundeadhero and "Psychotic, Baloki and Friends". I've also received prank calls from Lenna's old friends (or ex-friends, not sure) and Wishing Star's friends.

So basically to my knowledge all people who have prank called me have been EoFFers or friends of EoFFers.

EDIT: It should be noted that while it was always obvious when I got pranked, the only one that I had any trouble figuring out who it was would be clout... I mean, really, who expects to get called by clout!?

Jess
12-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Danielle and Daniel (smittenkitten and Loony BoB) called me on my birthday. I was pretty drunk and I had no idea who it was for like 5 minutes. They confused me and laughed at me. :jess:

Roto13
12-16-2007, 12:11 AM
When I call people at night, and they complain that I woke them up, I always ask them why their phone was on if they were asleep. I always turn my phone off when I sleep, and if you really don't want to be bothered, that's why the phone has an off button. It's not my fault you were awakened in the middle of the night if your phone was on.

So, yes. You should turn your phone off when you sleep.

I leave my phone on because the world doesn't stop turning when I'm asleep. Things happen. I might get called in to work, or someone might end up in the hospital or something. If I had turned my phone off a couple of years ago I wouldn't have gotten to see my grandfather before he died.

I don't give my number to anyone who doesn't have enough sense to not call me too late, though.

Goldenboko
12-16-2007, 12:14 AM
If someone did that to me, I'd probably use one of my scary fake answers to freak them out. Psychotic Murder answering the phone is my favorite.

Hambone
12-16-2007, 04:45 AM
One time someone called me on my cellphone and I think it was a small Asian child with a very heavy accent. They must have thought I was a family member. It was funny. I was all "Okay, I have to go now...bye" and they said "Bye!"