PDA

View Full Version : Invici-toe!

fire_of_avalon
12-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm moving my room around. Well not the room itself, but the furniture in the room. All just in time to leave for Christmas break so that by the time I return, the layout will still be fresh, new and still way anti-feng shui.

So I lifted my bookshelf from under my bed (my thirty pound hard wood bookshelf) paying no heed to the slippery dust thinly coating the shelf. It slipped. AND LANDED RIGHT ON MY TOE.

Everything was in slow-mo. I feared the worst. I feared emergency room visits for vicodin, blood and toenails flying through the air. I feared my goddamn toe would fall off. (IN JOKE) I feared for my very life if the people downstairs decided they'd had enough of the crazy bitch on the fourth floor was being TOO LOUD DURING FINALS.

The shelf landed true, right on my second toe. It cracked my steel toe-ring right in two and slammed against my big toe. THIS WAS IT...

... but there was no pain. Maybe it had landed so hard the pressure instantly vaporized my toe, cauterizing the wound in the process. Maybe I'd died of shock at losing a toe. I opened my squinted eyes to inspect the damage.

My toes were fine. The big one had a little red mark on it, but it was still there. I couldn't believe my eyes!

As my heartbeat returned to normal, I thought about my situation pragmatically. What had just happened to me? Could it be ... my toe is invincible?

I promise to use this power only for good. And for drunk-bets.

Have you ever experienced an accident that should've hurt you, made you cry or killed you and come out virtually unscathed?

Breine
12-12-2007, 09:45 PM
That sounds really painful.. except it wasn't :bigsmile:

Anyway, I once split my little toe open because I smashed it into a rock. There was blood everywhere, and you could literally see the bone.. BUT, it didn't hurt. In fact me and my friends, who where there when it happened, just laughed at it because it was so darn ironic; the next day was my first day of High School, and even though it didn't hurt I had to walk on crutches because my balance was off, and my toe was wrapped in so much gauze bandage that it was the size of a tennis ball.. The first impression the next day wasn't as good as I had liked it to be, but I guess it was sort of a fun experience (thanks to adrenaline!)

Aerith's Knight
12-12-2007, 09:50 PM
We shall take over the world!!

no no.. even better.. WE WILL GO TO VEGAS!!

i can see it now.. the hard rock cafe.. and your name in big golden letters and next to it: Hit this toe with all youve got, use hammers, guns anything.. only 100 dollars and a wonderful night

we'll be rich :)

Tasura
12-12-2007, 09:56 PM
when I was much younger, around 6-8 I was cutting a lemon and the knife proceeded to go through my hand, how did it not hurt. Though I quite enjoyed the horrified look on my babysitters face.

Aerith's Knight
12-12-2007, 10:00 PM
when I was much younger, around 6-8 I was cutting a lemon and the knife proceeded to go through my hand, how did it not hurt. Though I quite enjoyed the horrified look on my babysitters face.

you are one sick person my friend :).. but i like your style :p

Jessweeee♪
12-12-2007, 10:40 PM
I wish I had a cool toe like foa :cry:

edczxcvbnm
12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Hit a street lamp on my bike, flew over the handles, should hit the street lamp and I spun around and landed on the ground. Got up, picked my bike up and rode off into the sunset.

Aerith's Knight
12-12-2007, 10:45 PM
i had a disease when i was a baby that should have been fatal, and one day it was just gone..(bet your all thinking: the world would have been a better place :p )

i have super immunity.. hmm.. cant do much with that

Tallulah
12-12-2007, 11:01 PM
I gashed my left knee open on a jagged rock, during a paddle in a freshwater burn (small stream in Scotland). It didn't even hurt, until I looked at it. I thought it may need stitches, but it just scabbed over; the scab ran pretty deep, though.

I got off easy; on the same trip, another girl Carly got concussed after slipping down some rocks near a waterfall, and one boy called Danny nearly drowned. Actually, no. I fell off a horse two days earlier, but I got straight back on.

Miriel
12-13-2007, 12:14 AM
Well it didn't happen to me, but when my brother was like two years old, he fell out of a 3rd story window and landed on the little patch of grass next to the sidewalk and he barely had any scratches on him. He landed there and played in the grass until my mom came screaming and hysterical down the stairs to get him. :p

Also, a few weeks ago, I woke up and my right big toe was BLACK. Like, something had happened so that there was a pool of blood congealing under the toe. It's still there. and it's been like a month. It doesn't hurt, and I don't know how it happened, but it's pretty nasty and gross and I wish it would go away.

Eiko Guy
12-13-2007, 12:24 AM
I was biking down a hill when a car backed out out of nowhere. I braked instantly causing my body to flip over the handlebars. I landed on my back on that persons car slid off the rear end onto my head, then neck then I rolled onto my side. Stood up and dusted myself off. nothing. No blood or anything. I knew that should have hurt i kNEW it should have hurt but nothing.

I also seem to be pretty super human. I was at seven eleven and this guy with a knife came in to rob the place. I was at the counter and he wanted to use me kinda sorta as a hostage. So he comes over and Im like freaking out. I flinch going down and close my eyes. He goes for a stab, I slap his hand, he tries two more times and I block again. He goes again and I grab it. I open my eyes finally and am like "WTF" So I'm holding his fist when some chick comes up with a 2liter coke and smashes it across his head. It explodes and the guy drops the knife. I grabbed my crap and ran.

Yeah super reflexes and invincibility. I'm obviously meant to save the world one day.

KentaRawr!
12-13-2007, 12:30 AM
One time I was hanging from my bunk bed, classic style. I slipped through the space between the railing of the top bunk, so I was inbetween the wood carrying the mattress and the railing. Everything fit through, except for my big ass head. :3 I stayed there for about 20 minutes, methinks. I managed to gain footing on the bottom bunk a few times, but I had to lean my feet in to do that.

Kinda silly experience for a 6 year old. :3

Hambone
12-13-2007, 12:37 AM
My brother said that when my 12-year maulers came in, it would hurt like hell. It didn't.

Tasura
12-13-2007, 12:49 AM
i had a disease when i was a baby that should have been fatal, and one day it was just gone..(bet your all thinking: the world would have been a better place :p )

I was born with a kidney defect, and a heart defect, and I had a seizure when I was 2. I win =D?

Evastio
12-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Once I got my foot ran over by a van yet I suffered no pain. That was when I was really young though (around 7).

Aerith's Knight
12-13-2007, 12:58 AM

I was born with a kidney defect, and a heart defect, and I had a seizure when I was 2. I win =D?

hmm i dunno.. i had a 42 degree fever(hyperpyrexia), which is deadly for babies.. the doctors had given up hope.. lousy sons of.. well.. doctors(probably)..

btw.. lousy contest wouldnt you say?

fire_of_avalon
12-13-2007, 06:20 AM
I have terrible news. My big toe developed a large bruise over the course of the evening. I am not invincible. But it sure as hell sounds like some of you guys are!

escobert
12-13-2007, 06:49 AM
do loaded guns pointed at me count?

qwertysaur
12-13-2007, 08:31 AM
My sister had her entire dresser fall on her when she was seven. She is perfectly fine, and she claims it didn't hurt. I also know someone who was run over by a car, had every capillary above his waist burst, and have a stick impaled through his chest and he lived.

Madame Adequate
12-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Yeah that time the half-brick cracked my dome, it... well, didn't actually crack my dome. I got a surprisingly small bruise and that was it. Unless stuff inside got damaged. xDDD

smittenkitten
12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Well I broke my right wrist but still still my homework the same day with it. :D I also split my head open once and I didn't feel anything but that probably was the shock from all the blood. ^__^

Jess
12-13-2007, 04:16 PM
I once split my head open when playing when I was younger. I fell over whilst running and my forehead smashed into the corner of a paving slab. Amazingly, I didn't feel anything and got up and carried on playing - for a minute. Until my eyes filled with blood and I had to go to hospital because my head was pouring with blood. :jess:

I wasn't unscathed but I didn't feel any pain!

Aerith's Knight
12-13-2007, 04:24 PM
I once split my head open when playing when I was younger. I fell over whilst running and my forehead smashed into the corner of a paving slab. Amazingly, I didn't feel anything and got up and carried on playing - for a minute. Until my eyes filled with blood and I had to go to hospital because my head was pouring with blood. :jess:

I wasn't unscathed but I didn't feel any pain!

i surely hope the blood came from the outside and went into your eyes?

Quindiana Jones
12-13-2007, 06:08 PM
I've fallen quite large distances and simply got up, coughed, and carried on. Quite large, as in, 10, 15 feet ish.

Momiji
12-14-2007, 04:16 AM
hmm i dunno.. i had a 42 degree fever(hyperpyrexia), which is deadly for babies.. the doctors had given up hope.. lousy sons of.. well.. doctors(probably)..

btw.. lousy contest wouldnt you say?

Heh, when I read first read that, I thought "Hyperpyrexia at 42 degrees?!" Then I remembered you're speaking in Celsius terms. That's crazy, how'd they get your temperature down, cover you in ice? o_O

As for me, I always feel pain whenever I am supposed to feel it. However, I often hit my head getting out of my car, and I'm always like 'Owww...ahh, damn!' then I realize it didn't hurt. The shock of being smacked on the head made me brace myself for pain though. xD

Jessweeee♪
12-14-2007, 02:27 PM
I have terrible news. My big toe developed a large bruise over the course of the evening. I am not invincible. But it sure as hell sounds like some of you guys are!

I take back what I said. Your toe is lame :mad2:

Aerith's Knight
12-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Originally Bespoken by fire_of_avalon

and there goes my faith in humanity

Zeldy
12-14-2007, 04:03 PM
I haven't had anything cool happen to me, I'm so damn boring :( The only slightly interesting thing about my birth was the fact that I was born still in my water sack, which is really really rare, so my first few seconds out of my Mum were in water. The doctors/nurses/whatever popped it but I had to be rushed off to have water removed from my lungs. I survived that ^_^ It's apparently meant to be really lucky for fishermen, shame no one in my family is a fisherman, eh?

Momiji
12-14-2007, 11:44 PM
I haven't had anything cool happen to me, I'm so damn boring :( The only slightly interesting thing about my birth was the fact that I was born still in my water sack, which is really really rare, so my first few seconds out of my Mum were in water. The doctors/nurses/whatever popped it but I had to be rushed off to have water removed from my lungs. I survived that ^_^ It's apparently meant to be really lucky for fishermen, shame no one in my family is a fisherman, eh?

I was a c-section birth. xP

Araciel
12-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Thirty pounds isn't a lot, depending on how it hit the toe, it's no wonder it didn't hurt. At the same time, it's also a wonder that it didn't. The human body is weird.

The Unknown Guru
12-15-2007, 12:07 AM
I run into things a lot (ex: talking to people under bleachers, walk off, crack my head on a bench, then kinda stagger and keep walking), so I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. I feel it, I just can't tell the difference between a lot of pain and a little pain.

When I broke my wrist this summer, I kinda laid on the ground for a bit, then jumped up and continued playing capture the flag. I knew something was wrong with it, but it didn't hurt too bad. It took 3 days to get a splint on the thing.