PDA

View Full Version : [A] Annunciation

BG-57
12-12-2007, 11:30 PM
I don't normally make religious pictures, but my church recently asked me to design the cover art for the Sunday service bulletin and I agreed.

I drew the line art and then opened in MS Paint (a poor man's Photoshop) to add greyscale shades, since it's going to be reproduced in B&W. I found to my chagrin that I can't get acetate screen tones anywhere except to import them. :eep:

Anyways, it obviously the annuciation. I threw in the Bethlehem Star because I thought it would look nice.

KoShiatar
12-13-2007, 02:21 AM
I like how you gave the angel dark skin and the clothes you gave them, especially Mary's.
As for screentones, you could use a computer program like Comic Works or Manga Studio, but they're not free and downloading them wouldn't be right for a religious picture. XD But maybe you can get a limited trial version, at least for Manga Studio.

McLovin'
12-29-2007, 04:44 AM
Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing (http://www.getpaint.net/)

Exactly like photohop but it's free.

(you just need to download something off of the Microsoft website but it comes with the installation)

BG-57
12-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks. :)

Here is the original colored in with Prismacolor markers.

Selena_Akariko
12-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Now that's cool =O

I really like the way you did it. Personally, I'd never be able to draw something like that in Paint. Maybe having no Photoshop is good for you after all =P

I like the black-and-white version more than the colored one, though. Not too sure why.

Keep up the good work! :)

:save: Selena