PDA

View Full Version : After-Prom

Værn
12-13-2007, 04:12 AM
Prom night is still a few months off, but my school's trying to plan their after-prom party. We want to have as many games and events going on there as possible, to make sure that nobody is bored that night. A lot of suggestions have been thrown out:
Laser tag was scrapped, because that would require having toys resembling guns in the school.
There's pretty much only person in the entire town who has Rock Band, but he doesn't want to lend it to the school to use for the party.
I lent Dance Dance Revolution to the school for after-prom two years ago; might be able to again, but I'll need a new dance pad (one of the buttons stopped working on one of them a few months ago).
There are plenty of people with Guitar Hero in the school; odds are we'll be able to get our hands on that.
An idea was tossed out there to let people play Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda: A Link to the Past, etc. with the computer lab's computers, but we all know that there are some legal issues with emulators.
My friend's mom said she was going to suggest drag races... not sure how that'll go.
No karaoke. They're saying that it always ends up being a disaster.

Well, anyways... you can see that we have one 'probably' and two 'maybes' in there (just from the bigger ideas that I've listed, though). If anybody could toss out a few ideas, it would be appreciated.

Lynx
12-13-2007, 04:15 AM
wow our after prom thing was so lame most peopel didnt even go most everyone went to the shore for the weekend.

my best suggestion hidden keg ;) otherwise i wouldnt have a clue really.

CimminyCricket
12-13-2007, 04:15 AM
I have the best idea EVER.

Start a Fight Club.

Værn
12-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Keep in mind that it's going to be in the school, please. With teachers chaperoning and such. We need serious ideas.

CimminyCricket
12-13-2007, 04:20 AM
Oh, well...I suggest a Super Smash Bros. mega tournament of champions.

escobert
12-13-2007, 04:20 AM
we got drunk.

CimminyCricket
12-13-2007, 04:21 AM
We started a Fight Club.

rubah
12-13-2007, 04:35 AM
My after-prom had kareoke, laser tag, texas hold 'em, blackjack, an inflatable obstacle course, a rock wall to climb, and a mechanical bull. not to mention crazy decorations.

That's kinda silly they didn't approve of laser tag.

Værn
12-13-2007, 05:19 AM
My after-prom had kareoke, laser tag, texas hold 'em, blackjack, an inflatable obstacle course, a rock wall to climb, and a mechanical bull. not to mention crazy decorations.

That's kinda silly they didn't approve of laser tag.
The idea for a rock wall was brought up, but my friend was saying that it would probably be too big to set one up anywhere inside.
Mechanical bull might be possible, but there may be a liability issue... we'll see about it.
An inflatable obstacle course is definitely a possibility.
There will most likely be card games. The teachers should be able to keep tabs on them and make sure they aren't gambling.

Oh, well...I suggest a Super Smash Bros. mega tournament of champions.
Sounds good; I'll bring it up.
I was going to suggest Halo, but if they won't do laser tag then they probably wouldn't allow any FPS games... SSB might work, though ^_^

Oh, and we're thinking of Scatergories and Pictionary competitions, and that type of stuff.

CimminyCricket
12-13-2007, 05:35 AM
If you're going to go board game, go Jenga. Just so that someone can throw a temper tantrum, and destroy EVERYTHING.

Rengori
12-13-2007, 05:54 AM
Be sure to have something that will be extra hilarious for people to be drunk doing/on.

escobert
12-13-2007, 06:01 AM
If you're going to go board game, go Jenga. Just so that someone can throw a temper tantrum, and destroy EVERYTHING.

haha srsly

Old Manus
12-13-2007, 08:12 AM
You missed out 'Lots and lots of alcohol'

Sergeant Hartman
12-13-2007, 12:44 PM
You missed out 'Lots and lots of alcohol'
and falling asleep and hogging the couch.

Bunny
12-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I did not go to my prom and therefore did not attend my afterprom. However, I did attend my girlfriend's prom and afterprom and it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, the kind of fun it was can only be found from one source:

Me.

I wore streamers on my head the entire time and shouted loud things at random people, asking them who they were and why they were where they were. I also told random people I did not know that random people I also did not know were currently looking for them and seemed concerned because they could not find them. I also told jokes and spilled some poor girl's tea (I made it up to her by bringing her a cup of tea the next time I saw her, she thought it was very amusing and sweet).

Anyway, good luck with your after prom. I won't be there so you'll need it.

smittenkitten
12-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Have a paint ball/baloon fight at the end, that would be fun... right? :D
Karaoke is always fun you could also try pictionary or you could all play twister and fall over each other. :love:

Jessweeee♪
12-13-2007, 02:26 PM
hmm...DDR sounds like the best idea to me...I don't have any ideas myself...except maybe play Mafia :eek:

Aerith's Knight
12-13-2007, 02:37 PM
i got drunk at the prom.. but then again.. i was the legal age to drink(16).. and you guys are not 21.. so i doubt you can smuggle something harder than beer..

Jess
12-13-2007, 04:19 PM
We had a party with lots of alcohol at some girls house and all stayed in tents in the field which happened to be her back garden. Except, nobody actually went to sleep and when I did go to sleep it was at 9am in the morning back at my house after being picked up. :jess:

Zeldy
12-13-2007, 08:58 PM
I havent had my prom yet, it's in June. My friend is trying to have an after party, but as it's on a Thursday it's really awquared. I'm just gonna sneak alcohol down my bra into the prom itself, anyway.

Aerith's Knight
12-13-2007, 09:03 PM
I havent had my prom yet, it's in June. My friend is trying to have an after party, but as it's on a Thursday it's really awquared. I'm just gonna sneak alcohol down my bra into the prom itself, anyway.

a girl making alchohol appear from her breast should make the evening, i think..

Værn
12-13-2007, 11:33 PM
I have an idea, but I don't know what it's called. There would be two people on a plank or a pole, each with one of those staves with big padded ends. They'd be trying to knock each other into a big pool of pudding... What's that called?

oddler
12-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Hahaha. I know what you're talking about; it's like American Gladiators jousting.

Værn
12-13-2007, 11:44 PM
I came across AG on Wikipedia while I was trying to find it on google... looks like what I'm thinking of, except I'm fairly sure that there's a better word for it than "jousting." If I suggest "jousting" at the meeting they're all going to think of the "horses and lances" kind of jousting.

Momiji
12-14-2007, 02:45 AM
I'd be more interesting if I was going to prom. All prom is for us around here is a couples' popularity contest, then they grind to crappy music. Not exactly an environment for wallflowers like me.

rubah
12-14-2007, 03:03 AM
I'd be more interesting if I was going to prom. All prom is for us around here is a couples' popularity contest, then they grind to crappy music. Not exactly an environment for wallflowers like me.

It's better if you have a date or a bunch of friends who also have no dates, then you don't feel embarassed about dancing with everyone 8)

CimminyCricket
12-14-2007, 03:09 AM
I just realised I didn't go to my prom at all anyway.

Momiji
12-14-2007, 03:09 AM

It's better if you have a date or a bunch of friends who also have no dates, then you don't feel embarassed about dancing with everyone 8)

Either way, I'd rather just hang with my friends at home instead of burn a lot of money for the admission ticket, let alone tuxedo rentals. I hate dressing up anyway. Besides, I'd rather do something I like instead of watch the preppy guy get it on with the girl who gets around a little too much, while listening to rap and Fall Out Boy songs. I'll pass, thanks.

As for a date...chances of that are slim to none.

Rengori
12-14-2007, 04:40 AM

Either way, I'd rather just hang with my friends at home instead of burn a lot of money for the admission ticket, let alone tuxedo rentals. I hate dressing up anyway. Besides, I'd rather do something I like instead of watch the preppy guy get it on with the girl who gets around a little too much, while listening to rap and Fall Out Boy songs. I'll pass, thanks.

As for a date...chances of that are slim to none.

Again, be glad yours is $170 cheaper than our tickets.