PDA

View Full Version : Baseball off-season

auronlu
12-13-2007, 05:15 AM
It's winter, my team imploded in August due to injuries and a generation clash in the clubhouse, and we're saddled with Juan Pierre's limp noodle arm for another 4 years unless Colletti gives up and dumps him on someone... yet hope springeth eternal, as long as I can still look forward to Vin Scully on the radio come April.

Anyway... this is completely the wrong time of year to be asking, but I wonder who's been following trades and such? Rowand to the Giants? Jones to us (gulp, another "best option to keep from trading the kids" move)? Loria gutting his franchise yet again by sending away D-Train and Miggy to the new, improved Detroit Marlins (who also include ex-Marlins Pudge and Renteria, I think?)

I'm not getting a good sense yet of what 2008 will be like, and watching my boys' clubhouse fall apart under Grady "Forrest Gump" Little last summer has left me feeling blue in a not-so-Dodger way, but I do miss baseball.

Also, the Mitchell Report is going to be... interesting. How many of you are crossing fingers and toes than none of the stars you respect are on it?

escobert
12-13-2007, 05:33 AM
GO RED SOX :p

Kirobaito
12-13-2007, 06:49 AM
It's sad that later today my childhood will probably be tarnished as Pudge and Juan Gonzalez are both named. Any respect for those three division championships will go away... and it's the one shred of history that the Rangers have (yet... Engel Beltre and Elvis Andrus will have something to say about that).

Anyway, Rangers are standing pat for the most part, as they should, because they won't compete in '08, and have a top-five farm system (and in terms of number of high-ceiling prospects, probably the best), so they'll wait until '09 or '10 to sign anyone impactful. By then, Eric Hurley, Matt Harrison, Chris Davis, Elvis Andrus, and Teagarden will all be settled in properly. Yay!