PDA

View Full Version : seperate blitzball game

Masamunemaster
12-13-2007, 06:32 AM
what would you all think if they made a game that was just focused on blitzball(kinda like the other sports games)?

I think it could have a chance, they made a game that revolved around chocobos.

auronlu
12-13-2007, 09:03 AM
It might work, although it's tough because most sports-game simulator fans would overlook it.

They'd need to add more teams, more individuality in the player motions (I'm thinking of my beloved MLB the Show), more realism in the game movements -- not make it look like everyone stops and faces off for each tackle, for example. Most of all they'd need to make it more 3D. Right now, despite the sphere, it's essentially a game played on a flat playing surface; apart from very minimal dodging in Tackle Slip and the fairly unrealistic leap at the end of the Jecht Shot, there's no advantage taken of up and down.

I might get hooked. I'm not sure if it's enough to stand alone, though.

Masamunemaster
12-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Well I was thinking at least you wouldn't have to see tidus, but he would be a unlockable with max stats.

that would definatly attract more attention:)

No.78
12-13-2007, 08:12 PM
It could be cool, but I don't think anyone has any desire for it whatsoever.

Masamunemaster
12-13-2007, 08:28 PM
It is better than a harry potter sport

leader of mortals
12-13-2007, 09:23 PM
I think if they did it with new graphics and such and added a z coordinate it would be great.

Eiko Guy
12-14-2007, 12:28 AM
I'd play...if tidus was shirtless.

Little Blue
12-14-2007, 11:29 AM
I'd play it. Can't be any worse the Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup can it? And I enjoyed that game too. It would need some of the things mentioned in this thread to actually be worth it mind you :p

Masamunemaster
12-15-2007, 07:30 PM
HEEEEYYYY possibly even make your own moves?

Nifleheim7
12-16-2007, 01:22 PM
I liked blitzball but after a point the game became pretty boring and not challenging enough...If they fix that and they come with a decent story,yeah i would buy it.
And ONLY if it has no relation with X-2!

sillybuttons™
12-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Not a bad idea if you ask me. Maybe with online gaming options too. Once I got to grips with Blitz I really started to enjoy it. :mog:

Masamunemaster
12-16-2007, 08:19 PM
I liked blitzball but after a point the game became pretty boring and not challenging enough...If they fix that and they come with a decent story,yeah i would buy it.

does any sports games have a story(other than beating it)?

Nifleheim7
12-17-2007, 02:23 AM

No it doesn't,but blitzball is a game from a Final Fantasy title not just another Pro-Evo or something.I think some basic story (not something as big as in the main FF's)would really enhance the game further.

invaderboi
12-18-2007, 12:31 PM
what would you all think if they made a game that was just focused on blitzball(kinda like the other sports games)?

I think it could have a chance, they made a game that revolved around chocobos.

OMFG I WOULD PLAY ><:choc2:
i play final fantasy 10 just to go and play blitzball haha
man i was thinkin the same thing grr why wont they make a seperate game for blitz!
make my own blitz character or somthin >.>
lol and yeah instead of goin through playing in the middle of the sphere the whole time wish u can go anywere in it like when tidus does the jecht shot and pops out of the sphere!
or when u tacke the opponent out of the sphere and into the crowd lol that was awsome!
recruit make ur own team
ohhh and maybe online! against ppl around the world !
that would be sooooo coolz! haha hmm
better graphics and everything, would be hott
ps3 yeah?
lol and yeah for the dude that said being able to make ur own movves that would be sweet too :]
blah make an event mode too so we wont get bored so easily lol walk around buy cloths search for more players to recruit around the world. get new vehicles to travel in lol fame. cause u know how tidus,waka and the team came on boat. yeah lol airship would be awsome just for the hell of it ><
other minigames too like the card game idk lol just some random ideas
titles and rankings
sooooo yeahhhhhh HURRY AND MAKE THE GAME ALREADY!! >< LMAO:choc:

Masamunemaster
12-18-2007, 07:15 PM

No it doesn't,but blitzball is a game from a Final Fantasy title not just another Pro-Evo or something.I think some basic story (not something as big as in the main FF's)would really enhance the game further.

IDK I think a storyline behind a game like that could ruin it, but IDK what others would think since not a few pple are posting in here:)

rubah
12-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Maybe if it was a Zanarkand-era blitz team so they wouldn't include any current characters 8) Maybe include news reports about members of other teams getting lost in the sea, depending on if it were dream zanarkand or not. Did they have blitzball back before the summoner war? I assume they did.