PDA

View Full Version : Free Stuff~

smittenkitten
12-13-2007, 03:36 PM
I won an iPod! :love:

A few weeks ago I attended a marketing meeting with some guys who were doing the Marketing for the College next year. I had to tell them what I thought of the College and my ideas. I got £10 for participating which was awesome. So an hour of being a critic of posters, billboards and new web design for the college and then said my goodbyes.

Yesterday I got a phone call from the College. I wondered what they wanted, so I answered and it was some guy on the phone. He asked me if I attended the marketing meeting and of course I said "Yes". He then said I was the lucky winner of a brand new iPod. I was like wtf, what iPod? He then said that it was clearly stated that there was a prize draw for anyone who participated. I was in total shock. I never win anything! I felt so awesome I first phoned Daniel and then my friend. I'm so excited, I have to go to College on the 18th to collect it and have a picture taken with some guy presenting it to me for the College Newspaper. How embarrassing! >.< My mum said she wants a copy of it. xD

So have you got anything for free before and didn't even know you had entered for it? :mog:

Aerith's Knight
12-13-2007, 03:55 PM
i never win anything :crying:

Loony BoB
12-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I'd say "I won my girlfriend's heart" but that cost me bucketloads. I've won some free stuff before though. I got that all expenses paid trip to Sweden for my efforts at work, and I got a £20 HMV voucher for taking part in Metro's Urban Life survey things.

Jess
12-13-2007, 04:08 PM
I got that all expenses paid trip to Sweden for my efforts at work
Posting on EoFF all day is effort? :jess:

Loony BoB
12-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I got that all expenses paid trip to Sweden for my efforts at work
Posting on EoFF all day is effort? :jess:
Yes. I'd just like to thank each and every one of you for making that trip possible. :<3:

Quindiana Jones
12-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Daniel isn't your friend?

I think I've won stuff. I dunno, I forget.

Sergeant Hartman
12-13-2007, 06:07 PM
I won a frizzbee at the Youth Club raffle once.

Manus used to win everything though :(

Old Manus
12-13-2007, 06:07 PM
I once won a bike after buying a pair of shoes

Too bad I already had one

The Ceej
12-13-2007, 06:15 PM
That I didn't know I entered? No.

That I forgot I entered? Yes.

That I was fully aware at the time of winning that I entered? More often than most.

Heath
12-13-2007, 07:21 PM
I've won a few bits and pieces in the past. I can't think of anything particularly noteworthy nor anything that I had no idea I could win. You people need to start giving me spontaneous prizes!

Lynx
12-13-2007, 07:40 PM
i won a throw away camera at my schools all night graduation party. a teacher came up to me and said you won a camera. i was confused seeing as i didnt know i entered.

Clouded Sky
12-13-2007, 11:03 PM
It wasn't really a contest, but I beat out a bunch of people for a free two-week trip to Japan through my college. I definitely know I "entered" that one though, as there were several essays involved.

Shauna
12-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I got a free USB Pen Drive. It's only got like, 256Mb, but it was free. I'm not complaining. :cool:

Griff
12-14-2007, 05:21 PM
I thought I won a PS3 once.

But it was only a stupid ad.

Christmas
12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
I won a new toliet bowl recently with one year supply of free fresh toliet papers and a manual on how to have a better poo poo session, it was fantastic!! :bigsmile: