PDA

View Full Version : The One with the Thread

Jessweeee♪
12-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Who watches Friends? ME! I DOOOO~~~

I love that show n.n

The Unknown Guru
12-14-2007, 01:35 AM
Eh, Seinfeld, Scrubs, and Arrested Development are better IMO, but it's still a good show.

Ninja edit: How you doin'? :jokey:

CimminyCricket
12-14-2007, 01:36 AM
I love Friends.

Vermachtnis
12-14-2007, 01:50 AM
I've watched it here and there, it's pretty entertaining. Opening Credits is awesome.

Levian
12-14-2007, 03:08 AM
I love how I'm completely unable to pick a favorite character out of the main six. Throughout the 10 seasons they've all had their periods of brilliance. Seriously, I'd be torn between all 6 of them if you asked me who was my favorite.

I think I know which is my favorite episode though, The one with the Embryos, which is the episode where Monica & Rachel looses their apartment to the guys. I love how they're all so enthusiastic in that one. Very funny.

Slade
12-14-2007, 04:17 AM
Friends is one of the best shows ever. I've seen it so many times but I still watch the re-runs. So good. Chandler was always my favourite character. Probably cause I'm so much like him in real life.
My favourite episodes were the one where they play football and Monica brings out the old Gellar Cup and the one where Ross's kid Ben is born. Those ones crack me up. There's others but those two are the only the ones I remember at present :jess:

Kirobaito
12-14-2007, 06:02 AM
I love how I'm completely unable to pick a favorite character out of the main six. Throughout the 10 seasons they've all had their periods of brilliance. Seriously, I'd be torn between all 6 of them if you asked me who was my favorite.

I think I know which is my favorite episode though, The one with the Embryos, which is the episode where Monica & Rachel looses their apartment to the guys. I love how they're all so enthusiastic in that one. Very funny.
That is also my favorite episode.

I love FRIENDS. I don't get to watch it near as much as I should, though!

escobert
12-14-2007, 06:06 AM
Eh, Seinfeld, Scrubs, andArrested Development are better IMO. but it's still a good show.

Miriel
12-14-2007, 07:58 AM
Friends are like friends! Seriously it was on for so long, and I'm sure a lot of people like me have watched most of the episodes when they aired or through syndication and so you have that really comfortable knowledge of the show and its characters.

Is it the smartest, funniest show? Nope. But it's awfully endearing. Like, I can watch the first few minutes of any episode and be like, "Oh this is the one where..." And that kind of stuff is really nice.

Like I said, watching the show is like welcoming old friends into your livingroom for a little while.

And plus, there are some wickedly funny episodes. UNAGI, DANGER DANGER!!

Cz
12-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Friends is good fun. I think I've probably seen every episode at least twice by now, but if I happen to come across a repeat while I'm channel surfing it's still worth sitting down and watching. As some people have already said, one of the show's strengths is that every character has something going for them. And because it's rare for an episode to focus heavily on just one or two, there's a good chance you'll enjoy at least one of the storylines.

I think I know which is my favorite episode though, The one with the Embryos, which is the episode where Monica & Rachel looses their apartment to the guys. I love how they're all so enthusiastic in that one. Very funny.This is a very, very good episode. It might not be my favourite, but it'd be in the top three.

Breine
12-14-2007, 10:08 AM
I love Friends! It's simply one of my all-time favourite shows. I think I've seen every episode of the series like 3-4 times because it's always on re-run here in Denmark, but I still love watching it. It's arguably the biggest show of this generation, and will undoubtedly be a show that many people will talk about to their children/grandchildren in the future. Y'know: "When I was young there was this really good show about 6 friends living in New York, and they really liked to drink coffee".. and then the children/grandchildren will be like: "Eww, grandpa/ma.. that show sounds LAME."

No.78
12-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Friends is like the easiest show to watch, and the jokes never get old :D

We watch it every dinner time.

Heath
12-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Never had any interest in it after the five or six episodes I saw entirely failed to make me laugh at all. I'm not the biggest fan of American comedies though I do like the odd few (Frasier is a notable, non-animated, example). Definitely not a fan of it and don't see why people do like it in all honesty. One of the most overrated shows on the planet.

I Don't Need A Name
12-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Well said Heath
one of the worst shows ever divised. its just plain awful

Loony BoB
12-14-2007, 02:02 PM
People who say that a show is crap when it makes so many people laugh and has become so popular throughout the world clearly lack an understanding of humour - I'm not saying that they lack an understanding of their personal preferences for humour, but they lack an understanding of how other people can find things funny. I'd say that puts them down as lacking rather than the rest of the world.

Friends is an insanely good show. To last that long and still manage such a following is immense - how many sitcoms have managed such a thing? So, so many shows have tried to emulate such a group of friends but I can't think of a single show that has succeeded without relying on them working together to allow for some kind of twist, be it the office environment, the hospital environment or something else. The characters in Friends were the entirity of the show, and they were hilarious. The mixture of personality traits, the way they interacted and as Miriel put it, the endearing qualities all just made it perfect. That's a pretty strong word, but I have to say that it really was perfect. Would I change anything about any of the main six characters? No, not one.

I know Americans love their Seinfeld and some love their Frasier too, but I'd say that Friends has them both beat in a big way.

I can't really think of which episodes are the best. I've always been fond of the following quote, though...

'SUP WITH THE WHACK PLAYSTATION 'SUP!?

Jessweeee♪
12-14-2007, 02:20 PM
I can't think of my favorite episode or quote or anything n.n

I just love how they named the episodes though. OHWAIT I think my favorite might've been The One with the Sandwich. No. That wasn't it. It's up there, though. Also the episode where Joey was auditioning to be a game show host.

I'm sixteen, so I can't really remember a time when Friends wasn't on the air :jess:

Heath
12-14-2007, 03:12 PM
People who say that a show is crap when it makes so many people laugh and has become so popular throughout the world clearly lack an understanding of humour - I'm not saying that they lack an understanding of their personal preferences for humour, but they lack an understanding of how other people can find things funny. I'd say that puts them down as lacking rather than the rest of the world.

Yet by that right anything that is popular is therefore good and anybody who doesn't like something that is popular is lacking. I'm afraid I don't agree with that.

I'm aware of the fact that there jokes in Friends because there was a laugh track thrown in there so I could count them if I wanted to, but they weren't funny. I'm also aware that comedies don't necessarily have to be terribly funny if you have an interest in the characters to an extent that you enjoy watching the programme, as is the case with Frasier sometimes. Perhaps I was a bit overboard to say I don't see why people like it if what I said above is true. However, I won't budge from saying that it's not funny.

Loony BoB
12-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Which is just as true as me saying you have a poor sense of humour, then. ;) It's all subjective.

Jess
12-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I'll watch friends if it's on TV. I think it's great. It makes me laugh, especially Chandler and Joey. :jess:

Heath
12-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Which is just as true as me saying you have a poor sense of humour, then. ;) It's all subjective.

I would've been more worried if you'd said I had a good sense of humour :p

Raebus
12-14-2007, 03:35 PM
I usually hate shows with laugh tracks but friends is fun to watch.

Karellen
12-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I could never get over how awful the female cast was. Courtney Cox, Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow all in the same place at the same time? No thanks.

Loony BoB
12-14-2007, 04:08 PM

I would've been more worried if you'd said I had a good sense of humour :p
Like I said, it's all subjective. >=]