PDA

View Full Version : The Side Effects of having Freaky Toes?

Levian
12-14-2007, 04:26 PM
In Private Messages, some members seems to have this irrational logic of replying to your PM above the quote. Miriel is one of those people. I was wondering just how common this highly creepy phenomenon is. I think a poll is in order here. For information sake, I will leave examples of the two most common ways to reply to PM's, one obviously being better than the other.

Example of how Miriel would reply to a PM:

I don't care! :mad2: Don't eat it!

But I'm hungry. :(
WAIT! DON'T EAT IT. Let me come over and take a picture of it first!! :mad2: You know I like to document everything we eat.

hey babe wanna cyber? i just have to finish this bagel

Example of how a sane person (in this case Harle-Quin) would reply to a PM:

wtf my nipples are triangular o__OCan I pinch them? :oNo! >=o

You meanie. :(

Cz
12-14-2007, 04:35 PM
There is a reason they are called Private Messages, Levian. :mad2:

P.S. I agree totally.

P.P.S. HORSE!

Jojee
12-14-2007, 04:37 PM
I thought all nipples were triangular :confused:

:mog: I usually reply the better way, but then some people started replying the top way and I got all confused and started doing it too, and then people yelled at me for doing it so I went back to the bottom way xD

edczxcvbnm
12-14-2007, 04:40 PM
The bottom just like when I quote people!

drotato
12-14-2007, 04:43 PM
I always reply at the bottom. > >

But that's only because I'm a perfectionist. D=

oddler
12-14-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't have freaky toes, therefore I post like a sane person.

I also get rid of all conversation other than the person's latest message and my response.

Baloki
12-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I always reply to a quote by typing underneath the quote.

In Private Messages, some members seems to have this irrational logic of replying to your PM above the quote. Miriel is one of those people. I was wondering just how common this highly creepy phenomenon is. I think a poll is in order here. For information sake, I will leave examples of the two most common ways to reply to PM's, one obviously being better than the other.

Example of how Miriel would reply to a PM:

I don't care! :mad2: Don't eat it!

But I'm hungry. :(
WAIT! DON'T EAT IT. Let me come over and take a picture of it first!! :mad2: You know I like to document everything we eat.

hey babe wanna cyber? i just have to finish this bagel

Example of how a sane person (in this case Harle-Quin) would reply to a PM:

wtf my nipples are triangular o__OCan I pinch them? :oNo! >=o

You meanie. :(

drotato
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
I very much dislike talking to someone if they don't have very good writing skills either. ;~;

Captain Maxx Power
12-14-2007, 04:52 PM
You suck, Levian. Get your eyes sorted, there's nothing wrong with replying first.

drotato
12-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Baloki? What is your signature supposed to mean? o O

KoShiatar
12-14-2007, 05:06 PM
I thought I could speak about how my sister makes fun of me for having my second toe much longer than my big toe, which in Italy is believed to be the sign that you'll marry a rich man.

Above quote, anyway.

Christmas
12-14-2007, 05:08 PM
No one ever PM me. :(

Levian
12-14-2007, 05:20 PM
I thought I could speak about how my sister makes fun of me for having my second toe much longer than my big toe, which in Italy is believed to be the sign that you'll marry a rich man.

The title was referring to a thread I made about Miriel's toes a while back. :Dhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/74473-your-toes.html

I'm afraid such toes are much more common than I anticipated. :eek:

Sergeant Hartman
12-14-2007, 05:23 PM
To be honest, I didn't know you could do that :/

No.78
12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
I love horses... THEY'RE MY FRIENDS!!! :bigsmile:

Old Manus
12-14-2007, 05:41 PM
I actually need PMs to reply to first

Quindiana Jones
12-14-2007, 06:14 PM
I can't remember very well, but I probably did have that conversation.

rubah
12-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Replying at the bottom is natural because that's how threads are. THIS IS NOT E-MAIL PEOPLE.

Baloki
12-14-2007, 07:02 PM
You're right, only freaks reply above, also the forum even sets up a quote so you type below, YOU PEOPLE JUST HAVE TO BE DIFFERENT DON'T YOU?

Replying at the bottom is natural because that's how threads are. THIS IS NOT E-MAIL PEOPLE.

Miriel
12-14-2007, 07:38 PM

The title was referring to a thread I made about Miriel's toes a while back. :Dhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/74473-your-toes.html

I'm afraid such toes are much more common than I anticipated. :eek:

I'm gonna marry rich! :D

Also, threads = quoting on bottom. PMs = quoting on top. It just doesn't make sense any other way!

Heath
12-14-2007, 07:41 PM
Quote on top, reply underneath. You know it makes sense! Even with e-mails I tend to reply underneath the quotes.

SammieBabe
12-14-2007, 08:57 PM

My Nona used to tell me that when I was little. She lied. :mad2:
Anyone who replies to the top of PM's obviously has "issues"..

Madame Adequate
12-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Replying quote-last is, at the least, the personal work of Satan.

Araciel
12-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Harle-Quin is saner than Miriel?

Also, I usually delete all text in PMs *not to be confused with PMS* because I'm an egomaniac like that.

Freya
12-15-2007, 01:30 AM
I like it on the bottom, too much work on the top.;)

Oh and in PMs, you people are crazy for replying at the top. Shame on you!

NeoTifa
12-15-2007, 01:42 AM
Replying quote-last is, at the least, the personal work of Satan.
my work here is done then.

i like horses

Shlup
12-15-2007, 01:52 AM
I... I don't remember. I think I do either.

NeoTifa
12-15-2007, 01:57 AM
i dont really pm people much. the convo dies too quickly. i remember the good ol days at gods oblivion i used to have a seperate window just for pm's cuz i was so popular. lol. that was when you had to have new windows, not tabs. i have 3 eoff tabs open though, and 1 youtube for musicvids lol

Aerith's Knight
12-15-2007, 02:20 AM
psh.. youtube tab.. why not just download those vids, then extract the audio part.. 3 min.. and then you can put it in winamp and put it on repeat list

see.. i have good ideas.. sometimes

DK
12-15-2007, 03:34 AM
No one ever PM me. :(

Lies. :mad2:

Also yeah, quoting on top is madness and nothing but.

Jessweeee♪
12-15-2007, 04:09 AM
I usually put it below!

Sometimes when someone else puts it above I feel obliged to do the same, but usually I'll still put it below :spin:

Yamaneko
12-15-2007, 04:14 AM
<a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/77116-do-you-like-top-do-you-prefer-bottom.html">I've already made my disdain for the above-ground method known.</a>

Slothy
12-15-2007, 06:41 AM
In PM's, as in emails, I reply above the quoted text. Unlike posts on a forum where I want it clear to everyone which part of the text I'm replying too, and to whom I am replying too, I assume the person I'm replying to in a PM knows what the hell they said, so why make them immediately look to the bottom to see what I'm replying with? Put the reply at the top so it's the first thing they see and read. I really only leave PM text in there for convenience sake in the event they want to look back at exactly what they said anyway. I doubt they read it again, so why have it at the forefront?

Shauna
12-15-2007, 04:42 PM
I reply below, but I can sorta see the sense in above-quote PMs. Especially if the PMs get really filled with quote pyramids. Although, when that happens, you just remove some of the quotes. So yeah, below please. :D

Jessweeee♪
12-15-2007, 05:20 PM
If you go above then the conversation is backwards D:

KentaRawr!
12-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I very much dislike talking to someone if they don't have very good writing skills either. ;~;

I've never exactly seen you talking to yourself.

Anyway, I reply from the bottom. I'm sane, but I have curled toes.

Del Murder
12-15-2007, 07:42 PM
The first thing I want to see when I open the pm is the new content. Why the heck do I want to see what I've read four times already? I'm not in kindergarten, I can remember conversations.

Breine
12-15-2007, 09:04 PM
If you go above then the conversation is backwards D:

Indeed :holmes:

Jess
12-19-2007, 09:59 PM
I reply beneath the quote. :jess:

rubah
12-19-2007, 10:14 PM
The first thing I want to see when I open the pm is the new content. Why the heck do I want to see what I've read four times already? I'm not in kindergarten, I can remember conversations.

in a thread context, I generally read the posts at the end first, and if they hold quotes, that's just as many posts I don't have to look at then 8)

Yamaneko
12-19-2007, 10:16 PM
It all makes sense now why you don't make sense sometimes.

~*~Celes~*~
12-20-2007, 03:40 AM
My big toes are the biggest ones. On my right foot, my second toe is smaller than the second toe on my left foot ^^;

rubah
12-20-2007, 05:02 AM
BUSTED i mean what?