PDA

View Full Version : Seifer was a bad attempt to Re-Create Sephiroth

Super Sepiroth
12-14-2007, 07:24 PM
What you think?

I mean first of all the Name "Seifer" sounds a lot like "Sephi" and also the whole being mates before the sh1t happens.

I never liked him as a villain tbh, he tried to be all badd ass, but we all know sephiroth would kill him with his little finger lol.

You thoughts?

The swear filter is here for a reason. Please don't try to bypass it. - Psychotic

Flying Mullet
12-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I don't think there was any intention of trying to recreate Sephiroth. I'm sure there will be some commonalities between them, but that's because they carried similar roles in the game, not because they intended to recreate him. Any other similarities are purely coincidental.

Raebus
12-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Yes, that exactly it. You've figured out another mystery right there!

I need me a huge rolling eyes smilie.

auronlu
12-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Actually, I'm sure he's a rip-off from Cipher from [insert name of some video game that used the word here]. It's so obvious.

Wait, no, SELPHIE is the Sephiroth rip-off. There's more letters of his name in hers, and they're both effeminate.

Wait, no, it's Raijin. She's got the white hair thing going for her, right?

Wait, no, it's Squall. He wears black and carries a ridiculously large sword. And his face is similar.

Seriously. Welcome to the wonderful world of archetypes, where patterns like "male lead has angst, meets female lead, falls in love and must rescue her ten jillion times" recur ad nauseam.

All villains must gloat and act badass. It's in the contract.
Most male FF villains have a creepy relationship to mom (Seymour, Sephiroth) and/or a sorceress-type-evil-female (Kujo, Seifer).

demondude
12-14-2007, 08:24 PM
What you think?

I mean first of all the Name "Seifer" sounds a lot like "Sephi" and also the whole being mates before the sh1t happens.

I never liked him as a villain tbh, he tried to be all badd ass, but we all know sephiroth would kill him with his little finger lol.

You thoughts?

Your reasoning sucks very badly.

MJN SEIFER
12-14-2007, 08:29 PM
There are the odd scenes that seam to imply Seifer is a Sephiroth parody, but that's about it.

NeoCracker
12-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Okay, I don't like either Sephiroth or Seifer.

But WTF? Here are a list of other villians that have those Traits.

Vicious (Cowboy Bebop. Him and Spike were buds before the game started, and he was a bit of a Bad ass)

For some reason thats all thats coming to mind. But I know there are a hell of a lot og guy that fit that archetypes you spelled out.

LunarWeaver
12-14-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm afraid I must disagree. Now if you want to get into my Draco = Seifer theory of absolute truth, then we can talk.

Peter_20
12-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Seifer actually used a really cool tornado-ish attack somewhere at the end of Disc 2. :D

ReloadPsi
12-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Although Seifer (phonetically identical to Cipher, which is intentional) and Sephiroth mean "number" in their respective languages, that's where the similarities end. Seifer was a puppet in a grander scheme. Sephiroth was an evil nutjob who seemed to be misusing Jenova in his. Oh yeah, Sephiroth didn't wear a white coat or have blonde hair, that would've been too realistic :p

Also, if you're gonna post profanity, just let the forum censor it: we actually understand what :skull::skull::skull::skull: means and will sometimes even use the word "skulls".

rubah
12-14-2007, 11:57 PM
The only thing seifer was supposed to be was the third leg of a love triangle.

Aerith's Knight
12-15-2007, 12:01 AM

square if you include quistis :)

NeoCracker
12-15-2007, 12:45 AM

square if you include quistis :)

But no one includes Quistis.

Christmas
12-15-2007, 04:36 AM

The swear filter is here for a reason. Please don't try to bypass it. - Psychotic

So Sephiroth will FINGER Seifer to death? ccccchhhhuuuuuu~~~~ :bigsmile:

CimminyCricket
12-15-2007, 05:14 AM
xD

demondude
12-15-2007, 09:55 AM

So Sephiroth will FINGER Seifer to death? ccccchhhhuuuuuu~~~~ :bigsmile:

Yes.

blackmage_nuke
12-15-2007, 11:42 AM
What you think?

I mean first of all the Name "Seifer" sounds a lot like "Sephi"

I always thought it sounded more like Scyther from pokemon

Jessweeee♪
12-16-2007, 01:14 AM
I played FFVIII before FFVII and my first thought when I saw Rufus was, WTF SEIFER?
...but they just look similar :p

I really don't think Sephiroth and Seifer have anything in common except they are both antagonists and they have names that start with "Se."

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 01:22 AM
What you think?

Finally!!

i always thought that too

Pouring Rain
12-16-2007, 03:18 AM
I'll have to disagree. Seifer is more of a Rufus then he is a Sephiroth. White jacket, blonde hair, blue eyes, acts "high and mighty," demanding, the rouge of everything, and has a habit of tucking their hair behind their ears. I don't believe anyone played the role of Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VIII.

Breine
12-16-2007, 12:12 PM
You're putting way too much into this.. Seifer and Sephiroth have nothing to do with each other.

ReloadPsi
12-17-2007, 06:12 PM
What you think?

I thought it sounded like Cipher from The Matrix.

Markus. D
12-18-2007, 11:53 AM
What you think?

I mean first of all the Name "Seifer" sounds a lot like "Sephi" and also the whole being mates before the happens.

You thoughts?

The only minor relations that I could think of is that he perhaps wished to be an Knight of Edea (as the relation to Sephi's Mommy, Wanting to be her number 1 favorite).

That's about it though (apart from other minor-esque stuffs).

Seif was Empowered to give up based on friendship and compassion (Or confused, according to what we see, halting his thoughts).

Sephy never gave up and was zealous in accomplishing his deeds apparently set out by his "mother" until ownage ;] by protagonists.

Chocomage
12-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Final Fantasy games all have something unique about them, Seifer and Squalls "friendship" wasn't one you normally see. The fact of the matter is when you play a Final Fantasy Game your should try to forget about the others, even if they are used in reference. Sephi and Seifer are evil villians in a sense but they are also heros in others and each of them have there own personallity, fighting style, look, and friends (or lack of).

Tallulah
12-19-2007, 01:06 AM
What you think?

I thought it sounded like Cipher from The Matrix.

Me too! :p

Rinoa: (when Seifer kidnaps her at Lunatic Pandora) 'God damn you, Seifer!'
Seifer: 'Don't hate me, Rinoa... I'm just a messenger!'

rubah
12-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Rinoa is better looking than Trinity ;o

Would that make Cid morpheus? xD

Flying Mullet
12-19-2007, 08:05 PM
I love threads where the author posts some ideas and then disappears, never to be seen again...

Markus. D
12-19-2007, 08:45 PM
:\

Jessweeee♪
12-19-2007, 09:34 PM
:/

McLovin'
12-20-2007, 04:03 AM
ADEL WAS A BAD ATTEMPT TO RECREATE KEFKA OLOL

Seltox
12-20-2007, 11:42 AM
ADEL WAS A BAD ATTEMPT TO RECREATE KEFKA OLOL

OLOLOLOL.

Final Fantasy VI had more vocals than Final Fantasy VIII, so it is superior. Kefka's laugh was the most annoying thing ever. Squall annoys me through the middle of FF8, so wow. SQUALL IS MEANT TO BE LIKE KEFKA.

JeonRina14
02-26-2008, 03:34 PM
I think seifer was more annoying >.> I didn't mind whats his face so much but seifer was just retarded ._.; lol