PDA

View Full Version : Cannot load half my web pages

Captain Maxx Power
12-15-2007, 02:18 AM
I seem to have a problem with my internet connection. I can't seem to get on many websites. It's annoying because there's loads I need to access over the next couple of days before I head away, primarily so I can buy Christmas presents. The problems seem to have started recently after I installed an update for windows. I tried disabling Firewall to no avail. I'm currently using Firefox over a wireless network, which up until this point has worked just fine.

Captain Maxx Power
12-15-2007, 01:19 PM
OK, so I'm bumping, have a go at me if you want, but I NEED this sorting out NOW. I've only got until Sunday.

demondude
12-15-2007, 01:51 PM
Clear your cache?

Or maybe if you go to a public library computer you can get everything you need delivered to your house.

Captain Maxx Power
12-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Clear your cache?

Or maybe if you go to a public library computer you can get everything you need delivered to your house.

I've tried clearing my cache. I really don't want to order my stuff on a public terminal of any kind in the off-chance that my details may accidentally be stored without my knowledge. At least I know that my details are safe should I decide to access them on my computer.

Baloki
12-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Sounds to me like a problem with the wireless network, most likely a mis-configured DNS. What's your router make and model and also have you tried resetting your router? Then right-clicking (on the computer) the wireless connection icon and clicking "repair"?

crono_logical
12-15-2007, 08:28 PM
I'd also check if it works better over a proper cable first if you have one :p

Relapse
12-27-2007, 01:54 PM
try finding ie tab on the FF extensions page. sometimes pages load better in ie. O.o though you can clear your cache as others have said. also try cleaning your computer (dunno whether this helps tho).