PDA

View Full Version : The Joker your thoughts

IronOcean
12-16-2007, 04:05 AM
i wanted to ask everyone what they think of heath ledger being the new joker. I personally have seen him and heard his voice and am excited to see it. Tell me what you think.

CimminyCricket
12-16-2007, 04:06 AM
I think he might be better than Jack Nick at this point.

IronOcean
12-16-2007, 04:08 AM
So do i but i havent seen enough yet to tell.

LunarWeaver
12-16-2007, 04:13 AM
Now we seem like Batman obsessed twins from the Blue Lagoon (after Brooke Shields left because she sucks). Well, at least mine contained a 10page rant.

Heath is going to rock as the Joker and give me squee feelings.

CimminyCricket
12-16-2007, 04:16 AM
^_^

Slothy
12-16-2007, 04:33 AM
I think he might be better than Jack Nick at this point.

Not exactly hard.

A friend of mine saw the leaked trailer which will be out tomorrow as I understand it, and he said that Heath was easily the best Joker based on it. Even better than Mark Hamill according to him so I'm looking forward to seeing the trailer for myself. I've had high hopes ever since hearing him in the first teaser trailer for the movie.

CimminyCricket
12-16-2007, 04:36 AM
When the hell was Luke Skywalker the Joker? WHAT DID I MISS?!

LunarWeaver
12-16-2007, 04:44 AM
He's been animated Joker forever! Let that fervor out of the closet so it can rape you with its information! :FanboyPuff:

I saw this cam of the Joker throwing cards and talking. It was like another teaser thing besides the main teaser that's out. And he really does have it down! I smell sinister Joker instead of goofball, and that's always good.

CimminyCricket
12-16-2007, 04:48 AM
I like this Joker. I wonder if he'll allow me to have his children.

Slothy
12-16-2007, 05:21 AM
I saw this cam of the Joker throwing cards and talking. It was like another teaser thing besides the main teaser that's out. And he really does have it down! I smell sinister Joker instead of goofball, and that's always good.

If this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8B3fk-jSE4) is the one you're talking about it's a fake.

I finally found the real deal here (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35061), though I have no idea if it will just end up taken down soon. Still, the trailer is officially out Sunday I believe. All I can say though is wow. Even with the most horrendous quality I could imagine, Heath seems to have the Joker down. He's downright scary.

Del Murder
12-16-2007, 08:33 AM
That first trailer was comedy. The real one looks awesome.

Breine
12-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Heath Ledger is a really good actor, so I think it's going to be totally fine.

IronOcean
12-16-2007, 05:06 PM
i just watched the trailer and wow i think he will be great. Maybe the best joker ever.

Madame Adequate
12-16-2007, 05:16 PM
I hadn't seen anything I liked Heath Ledger in.

Until I saw that trailer.

charliepanayi
12-16-2007, 08:07 PM
I think he's a good choice, he showed his acting talent in Brokeback Mountain and with any luck he'll come through as a good Joker here.

Rase
12-17-2007, 12:56 PM
For those who haven't seen the newest trailer: whysoserious (http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm)

I'm pretty pleased that he's doing the Joker. Looks like he'll handle it well. I never was a fan of Nicholson's portrayal, not sinister enough for me. Ledger seems much more on the mark of how I would imagine the Joker be in real life.

Laddy
12-17-2007, 06:58 PM
That's Heath Ledger!? OMG!

Dolentrean
12-18-2007, 02:32 AM
Yah, I had to point out that it was Ledger to some of my friends. I like how the Joker's face isnt as clean as it has been portraid in the past. I have always thought of Heath as entertaining to watch, but not nessissarily a good actor, but after hearing his voice and the way he seemed to be the joker I may have to reconsider.

Shlup
12-18-2007, 05:29 AM
I really enjoyed Heath Ledger when he was having butt sex, and I love the Joker, so I figure this movie can do no wrong so far.

I mean, Katie Holmes is gone so this could quite possibly be one of my top five favorite movies.

EDIT: GAH! I just looked at some Maggie Gyllenhall pics. Man, what a gremlin. She's probably still better than Katie Holmes with her damn crooked-ass mouth, but jeez.

SammieBabe
12-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks to this trailer, I have just achieved orgasm...:)

Kossage
12-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Ledger's Joker reminds me of Tommy Lee Jones's Two-Face but with a somewhat less campy attitude: I don't know if it's because of the voice or the mannerisms as seen in the trailer. In any case Ledger looks promising, and he seems to have immersed himself in the role, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen the film. However, Ledger will have to work really hard to beat Hamill's Joker who was top-notch in combining both the crazy and the twisted aspects of the character.

Calliope
12-28-2007, 07:08 AM
OMG Kossage is still here xD

Anyway, I like how this Joker is less 'constructed' than the other one, although I do like JN. Nolan just has a different (darker) slant, is all.

NeoCracker
12-28-2007, 07:14 AM
I think I finally know what it feels like to have sex.

Calliope
12-28-2007, 07:17 AM
Nerdy?