PDA

View Full Version : A little piece of me HAS died today

NeoCracker
12-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Me and a friend were talking, and the gay topic came up.

I said I hoped that Science would prove that Gay is not something one is born with. Why you ask?

I know there are going to be a group of religious nuts who will start searching for the cure.

And that makes me sad.

What has killed a piece of you in recent times?

Captain Maxx Power
12-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm hoping for the opposite, because then if it is something that's genetic then those religious nuts will have to drop their quite frankly ridiculous claims that homosexuality is a choosable sin against God. It would be like saying that being left-handed is sinful, and how ridiculous does that sound? Seriously, that'd never happen.............

NeoCracker
12-16-2007, 11:29 AM
Thats what I thought at first. But thats logical. And the Religious nuts don't use Logic.

I don't doubt there will be a large movement to find a Cure for gay. And that will piss me off far more then religious nuts saying its a choosable sin.

Raebus
12-16-2007, 11:35 AM
I'd go out of my way to turn more people gay, or find those in the closet and help them on their journey. Those religious nuts will be so pissed.

Cookie
12-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I bet you wouldn't, Raebus. I bet you.

NeoCracker
12-16-2007, 11:38 AM
I just realized I made an error in the thread title.

Meh, I'll live, though this has also killed a little piece of me.

Damn you Grammatical errors!

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Thats what I thought at first. But thats logical. And the Religious nuts don't use Logic.

I don't doubt there will be a large movement to find a Cure for gay. And that will piss me off far more then religious nuts saying its a choosable sin.

I am a christian and i follow a major in physics and math(try to do that without logic), so could you not discriminate and generalize about a billion people on what 0.0001 procent thinks.

i wouldnt even care if this was the first time.. but im getting a bit annoyed

Raebus
12-16-2007, 01:16 PM
NeoCracker, please continue. This makes me smile and also annoys people.

KoShiatar
12-16-2007, 02:18 PM
It would be like saying that being left-handed is sinful, and how ridiculous does that sound?

A lot, but I personally knew people who had been forced to learn to write with their right hand as children, with their left hand tied behind the back, because they went to kindergardens or elementary schools with nuns as teachers and they said the left hand is the devil's hand.
I am Catholic and proud of it, but I can see very well why a lot of people criticize the clergy so harshly.

Anyway, what killed a piece of me recently? I'm no sure, maybe realizing that I won't be easily getting the job I wanted because some people called me intelligent. I realized that intelligence is not considered as worth as being someone's friend by many, and that killed a piece of me.

The Ceej
12-16-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't know. I swear I heard something on the news several months ago that said scientists did prove that homosexuality was genetic. I can't look it up now because I have to leave for work in five minutes, and I don't really care enough to look it up later. I think they said something about the reason they couldn't find it before was that they were looking on the female chromosome when it was on the male.

As for religious nuts. Homosexuality's being genetic proves them wrong. They can't say I'm evil if it's genetic. Their official stance is that it's a choice, but seriously. There was a time in my life, where given the choice, I would have made myself heterosexual. I would have been wrong, so it's good I couldn't, but I think that's proof enough that I can't change my sexuality on a whim.

I really don't know how far off topic I've gone, but what are you gonna do?

Madame Adequate
12-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Study Finds Gay Gene in Fruit Flies  | News | Advocate.com (http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid50915.asp)

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 04:34 PM
really relevant, seeing as fruit flies are such complex creatures

besides.. all it does is mess with hormones.. and all animals act on instinct.. i couldve guessed this result. just makes the fruit flies think a male is a female

Madame Adequate
12-16-2007, 04:35 PM

I certainly hope you never passed biology.

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 04:37 PM

I certainly hope you never passed biology.

i did.. i meant complex as in how they live, their insticts work..

and besides.. i dropped biology for real studies.. like chem, phys and math

Madame Adequate
12-16-2007, 04:40 PM

Oh snap. Can I get a cancer patient up ins? 'Cause I bet they'll love to hear about how the work being done to stop them dying isn't real studies.

Rye
12-16-2007, 04:56 PM

Oh snap. Can I get a cancer patient up ins? 'Cause I bet they'll love to hear about how the work being done to stop them dying isn't real studies.

Let me call Cloud No.9! :monster:

Aerith's Knight

Double snap.. you know that all that x-ray and x-ray scalpels and nearly all surgeries are done using tools made by those courses?

even the poison is directed using a traceble radioactive material with tools that people like me invented

so yeah.. you can stop talking

Shauna
The Fruit Fly. How much you have taught us about genetics. Drosophila Fruit Fly. :love:

Meh, most stuff to with medicines and stuff, is Biology based. Like, Pharmacy, or whatever isn't a under Chem or anything, it's under Biology. Regardless of the means by which people are saved, whether tools used were invented by others, it's all Biology. ;)

Madame Adequate
12-16-2007, 05:10 PM

Double snap.. you know that all that x-ray and x-ray scalpels and nearly all surgeries are done using tools made by those courses?

even the poison is directed using a traceble radioactive material with tools that people like me invented

I'm pretty sure I at no point claimed that physics isn't real science.

~*~Celes~*~
12-16-2007, 05:15 PM
What has killed a piece of me lately? Something I'd rather not discuss in here...

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 05:21 PM

I'm pretty sure I at no point claimed that physics isn't real science.

you claimed that biology cures cancer patients.. while the true fact is that when you look at applications: biology is really chemistry and chemistry is really physics and physics is really math.

biology shows how organic things(cells, blood pathways and such) work, but it has next to none applications if chemistry isnt taken with it..

i took chemistry, there i did take the biology that matters, when i actually want to achieve something, when i actually want to help someone. even that article doesnt talk about biology, but about messing with chemistry and animals

Momiji
12-16-2007, 05:35 PM
What's killed me on the inside lately?
1. My new video card is overheating.
2. This thread is filled with futile arguements, like many others.

Note: Both biology and chemistry are important in the medical field, not just one, Aerith's Knight.

Vivisteiner
12-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Reading Aerith Knight's posts has killed me a little. Try using capital letters.

Anyway, Im doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. Thats what you call a true scientist. :P

Although its true that for medecine and such jobs, chemistry is more important than Biology. But we all know that Physics rules.

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 07:09 PM
amen bro

Denmark
12-16-2007, 07:19 PM
i died a little inside after reading this thread

Momiji
12-16-2007, 07:29 PM
i died a little inside after reading this thread

I think we all did.

Shlup
12-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Now that you mention it, I'm sure you're entirely right... If gayness is proven to be genetic there will be a movement to find a cure. That's lame.

Breine
12-16-2007, 07:40 PM
I died a little inside when I realized that even Jessica Alba takes a dump once in a while. I don't know why, but for some reason guys just can't seem to understand that girls goes to the loo.

Roogle
12-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I think a little piece of me dies when I see people jumping on every little thing that Aerith's Knight says. Oh, no, someone has a different opinion! Look out!

Iceglow
12-16-2007, 08:51 PM
I died a little inside when I realized that even Jessica Alba takes a dump once in a while. I don't know why, but for some reason guys just can't seem to understand that girls goes to the loo.

thats because guys seem to like the idea of some other kind of use for a womans ass.

Aside from that a little part of me died when I realized I have work tomorrow and tuesday :(

Hambone
12-16-2007, 08:52 PM
The girl that I liked moved away at the end of last year. I wanted to be hers. :(

Jessweeee♪
12-16-2007, 09:05 PM
I was reading the threads posts I made when I wouldn't leave the FFVIII forum, and they make me sad :cry:

Marshall Banana
12-16-2007, 09:12 PM
I have to leave Gummi. =(