PDA

View Full Version : Improvement

demondude
12-16-2007, 12:13 PM
I was looking back at my old posts and recognised how much of a noob I was.

1.Hello i am new i hope 2 make lotas of new friends:D

I now know "lotas" isn't a word.

2."at least your sword is to the point" THAT was balthier sorry if its already been said (im a noob)

I also preached the obvious.

3.zozos awesome its the best place in the games the rain is very realistic for an snes game

I enjoyed sucking up to people(Avarice-ness in this case)

I now see why I won the most improved member award. :p
So now for the topic have a look back at your first posts and compare them with your newer ones and see how much you have changed.

No.78
12-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Tell me how to look back on my old posts and I shall

edit: I looked... happier in my old posts lol

demondude
12-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Tell me how to look back on my old posts and I shall

Go to your profile and click on the find all posts option.

Breine
12-16-2007, 12:19 PM
I used to hang out a lot in the Final Fantasy forums... today: not so much.

Also, I remember using a lot of smileys.. but I guess a lot of newbies do that?

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 01:11 PM
my god.. hearing you makes me feel like such a pathetic lozer...

well.. at least i was honest

Raebus
12-16-2007, 01:23 PM
I see a change in Aerith's Knight's posting style, he tends to use two dots instead of three sometimes.

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 01:32 PM
a change for me would not be using dots when i started

Raebus
12-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Yes, that would be a great change. You did manage one post without the dots though, keep it up!

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 01:34 PM
i will try.

although its hard. I wanted to use it three times in this post already.

Quindiana Jones
12-16-2007, 02:39 PM
What do you mean "was"? I still am an uber-noob.

Goldenboko
12-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Let's check what hasn't changed/ gotten worse shall we?

1. Unending self-loving.
2. Treating things like popularity and Ciddies as something that should be flaunted at all times

3. Misunderstanding that you should come here b/c you like the place and the people, then popularity will come afterward, not the other way around
You still have much to go young grasshopper.

Anyway. I don't really have to compare anything about myself. My posts in the past had some good ones but I posted too much so people didn't see them, I think I've hit a better balance for now.

demondude
12-16-2007, 02:52 PM

1. Unending self-loving.
2. Treating things like popularity and Ciddies as something that should be flaunted at all times

3. Misunderstanding that you should come here b/c you like the place and the people, then popularity will come afterward, not the other way around

I hate the way you think you can just waltz into a thread pretending to be really superior and do stuff like this.
I don't care about your opinion stop thinking I do.

Goldenboko
12-16-2007, 02:55 PM

1. Unending self-loving.

I hate the way you think you can just waltz into a thread pretending to be really superior and do stuff like this.
I don't care about your opinion stop thinking I do.

Really? Because I love it :jess:

demondude
12-16-2007, 02:58 PM
It's also the way that I had a perfectly good thread going on until you were a retard and ruined it.

Goldenboko
12-16-2007, 03:00 PM
My post was perfectly ontopic, to be honest I didn't really need that OOC, the way you reacted is the thing thats screwing with the thread. Funny how that turns out :greenie:

demondude
12-16-2007, 03:02 PM
My post was perfectly ontopic, to be honest I didn't really need that OOC, the way you reacted is the thing thats screwing with the thread. Funny how that turns out :greenie:

It was the unnecessary "tips" you gave that started it off.

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 03:04 PM
i personally believe all shumi evolved from the wee freckled toad of the musberry swamps..

anyone who doesnt agree.. well.. it wouldnt take much to change my mind. :)

it seems i certainly had my beliefs..

what if u suddenly growed a brain?

a bit cheecky too..

Rye
12-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Ahahah, Psychotic never lets me forget:

^.^ Regent Cid is my favorite Cid! Hmm... maybe there can be other just not FF cids and Cidina's as female cids.

@_@ Crazy!

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Ahahah, Psychotic never lets me forget:

^.^ Regent Cid is my favorite Cid! Hmm... maybe there can be other just not FF cids and Cidina's as female cids.
[/size]

[SIZE=1]@_@ Crazy!

0_o

ScottNUMBERS
12-16-2007, 03:16 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-x/51510-any-questions.html

Notice how Manus totally pwns me in this thread, and just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, out of nowhere appears Del Murder to ambush me dealing a fatal finishing blow.

Madame Adequate
12-16-2007, 03:30 PM
I was never a noob. I was spawned fully l33t into the intertubes. Evidence submitted for your consideration. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/63280-insert-witticism.html)

Shauna
12-16-2007, 03:40 PM
I just joined, so I thought that I would say hi, to all the people here! :) :)

Not much has changed from my first post. xD Although, looking through my posts, I used a hell of a lot more emoticons. xD And I used "Yea". Lucky I got that out of my system!

But yeah, I don't think I've improved much from my newbie days - I was awesome then, and I'm awesome now. :cool:

Zeldy
12-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Neat site.
c ya around.
~ zelda

;D I think I have changed a bit, It was like 3 or 4 years ago mind, I was only like 12.

KoShiatar
12-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Goldenboko and DD, please stop the argument, both of you.
Demondude, if you think you have really improved, show it by ignoring provocations.
Goldenboko, you're swimming in it. You may state your opinion as long as you do it respectfully, but you may not start an argument for the sake of argument, and it seems to me you're doing just that now.

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Neat site.
c ya around.
~ zelda

;D I think I have changed a bit, It was like 3 or 4 years ago mind, I was only like 12.

swell :)

Shauna
12-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Zeldy has improved. SHE WAS ONCE HATEFUL TO ME. ;)

Quindiana Jones
12-16-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't consider that an improvement, Shauna.

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 04:20 PM
*steps away from Harle-Quin, before the shooting begins*

Shauna
12-16-2007, 04:25 PM
I don't consider that an improvement, Shauna.

Perhaps not.

Quindiana Jones
12-16-2007, 04:29 PM
:love:

Hazzard
12-16-2007, 06:28 PM
u dont get one from radient garden, u get it from gettin all the materials there is!!! i done it today, i was hard work, and has anyone don the hades cup?

I cringe when reading that dreadful post. I thought using text language made me popular at the time, cutting words down and degrading my level of intelligence wasn't one of the sharpest ideas..."don"?, why the hell couldn't I of wrote "Done" like normal people? What a frickin' noob...

demondude
12-16-2007, 06:31 PM
u dont get one from radient garden, u get it from gettin all the materials there is!!! i done it today, i was hard work, and has anyone don the hades cup?

I cringe when reading that dreadful post. I thought using text language made me popular at the time, cutting words down and degrading my level of intelligence wasn't one of the sharpest ideas..."don"?, why the hell couldn't I of wrote "Done" like normal people? What a frickin' noob...

Be ashamed!

Yamaneko
12-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Yes, I have changed in the last six years.

Leeza
12-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Me too. :)

Roto13
12-16-2007, 08:23 PM
I used to post in gray. Now I post in silver.

Hambone
12-16-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm too embarrassed. All I did was post in the Final Fantasy related forums, I didn't even make an introduction thread. I didn't even know I could.

Jessweeee♪
12-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I mostly hung around the FFVIII forum, then as I played more games I moved to those forums, then eventually went to the General FF and Square forums, then I started to frequent General Chat :p

I was a little lazy with capitalization and I said "cos" instead of "because."

My first post:

hey peoples!! This is my first post here.

I have some questions...
I need these items: 1 force armlet, 2energy crystals, 3 dragon fangs, and 12 pulse ammos for the lionheart and shooting star. Also where can i get dark matter? What items do i need to get doomtrain and where can i get them (i have the solomon's ring)?

I'm at Ultemecia's castle so i can't go into any cities or anything exept for tear's point and the research facility thingy.

Also, where is the island closest to heaven?

I think I have more questions...but that's all i remember.

I have rinoa zell and squall in my party, squall's almost at level 50 and zell and rinoa are near level 40.

Thanks in advace for all of your help.

This is my worst post ever. To this day I'm still embarrassed about it and I apologized to FE not too long after this...

Geez...I'm finally starting to understand all of these Future Esthar jokes.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR PEA-BRAINED HEAD! Raine's grave said Raine Leonheart. Squall's last name is Leonheart. Therefore, Squall is Raine's son. AND unless Raine was cheating on Laguna. Also the moomba identifies Squall as Laguna probably cos they look alike. It couldn't have know he was inside Laguna's head could he?
Even more proof:

Here: Laguna and Raine are married at some point (it shows laguna's memory of this at the ending) 17 years ago laguna goes off to esthar while raine dies giving birth to their son (note that squall is 17) laguna stays in esthar as president probably unaware that raine had been pregnant.

On the ragnarok laguna says "i've got a lot to say to you" or something like that, Kiros says "you look alot like your mother" and ward says (kiros translates) "good thing you don't look like your father" obviously a joke.

WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU NEED?
Everyone paste this into their sig: "Stop FE from making random 'theories!!" or something like that...it needs to stop.

Also:
Originally Posted by crazybayman:

And for f#ck sakes, read post #134. Just because its not at the bottom, doesn't mean you don't read it.

And you know, some people just like the color red. I like the color red. Does that make ME ultimecia?

Geez...I never do that.

I think that's also the only time I've used the phrase Pea-brained (also it was later pointed out to me that the grave did not read Leonheart). I AM SO SORRY FE I DO NOT DESERVE THE NICEST MEMBER CIDDIE ; ;

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 09:11 PM
FE did get out of control at times

remember the zell=big black guy=ultimecia thread :p

Del Murder
12-17-2007, 05:44 AM
<a href="http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-archive/4316-ff7-general-trivia.html#post73182">This</a> is the oldest post of mine that is not deleted. A very boring post from the FFVII Trivia thread.

Here are the first non-trivia posts from the 2001 Forum Elections:

If this were Star Wars then the Newbie party would be the Jedi and the Goatsecs would be the Sith and the Phucking party would be those random alliance guys in the x-wings (because they aalways die). Then there's Chaos's party, I guess they're Ewoks, and then the International party and they're...Wookies or something.

Anyway, the Sith has that cool throat pinch but only Jedis can use the blue lightsaber. I like blue. Plus I don't post here enough to not be a Newbie.

*signs up as a Newbie*

I'll take the FFVIII forum I guess. My pledge: put a stop to those damn Rinoa is Ultimecia threads!

Crap, is this the party that promotes love and tolerance and all that b.s.? I may have made the wrong choice.

Oh well, I guess I'll be the black sheep of the bunch. I don't know what the hell I'm doing anyway.

EDIT: Hey maybe I can be the enforcer that does all the dirty work behind the scenes. Like a Luca Brasi. That'll work. It's for the right cause.

As the <b>Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer Who Gets Results By Throwing The Rules Out The Window But Does It For The Purposes Of Good</b> for the Newbie party I would have to ask you to stop making fun of them...er us. Or I will send my mob goons after you.

Yamaneko
12-17-2007, 05:50 AM
And somewhere in between we were funny.

Del Murder
12-17-2007, 06:11 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/46676-now-thats-funny.html

Aerith's Knight
12-17-2007, 08:34 AM
and you didnt even stop the threads :)

Denmark
12-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Man, that thread that Murder posted is full of epic win.

I have improved over my nearly 7 years here. Firstly, I no longer have a Final Fantasy-related username, which is a huge advantage I have over a large portion of the new user community. Secondly, I rarely post in the FF forums anymore, because I know how to play Final Fantasy. Thirdly, I don't put anything in the "subject" line on my thread replies anymore, as I did with my first post (and possibly subsequent posts). Fourthly, I am no longer twelve years old, as I was when I joined; I'm now nearing the age of twenty. Fifthly, I can now get laughs by using my rapier wit (costs 10g in Coneria); I don't have to resort to lame jokes. Sixthly, I have now played more Final Fantasy games than just the original; my list of FFs played now includes seven titles. Seventhly, I no longer have a buzz cut, and haven't for several years. Eighthly, I no longer listen to Linkin Park. Ninthly, I no longer have a myspace account. And the final way in which I have improved over the last seven years is thus: I am no longer in high school.

I'm sure, given enough time, I could think of several other ways in which I have improved, but ten is enough.

Ramza Beoulve
12-17-2007, 10:05 AM
My characters and my GF's are at level 100, except Zell, it is at level 98
Well, I think I have changed a little, and evolved myself, even after my "desu" stage :riiight:

desu :shifty:

Loony BoB
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Sadly, all my oldest posts are gone. However, I do have some old threads saved, so let's skip back to the year 2000... I'll post not just my posts, but some posts of other regulars here (just 'cause I feel like it).

So! Find attached a load of posts by (new names in bold where applicable)

Thorn (Etienne), edczxcvbnm, Raven (Raven1073), kenshin, Rodarian, Big Ogre Umaro (GokuKidNUMBERS), Loony BoB, Zell 007 (Hsu), Agent Proto, Krelaen, bossker, Zenki, DarkPriestess, Nino Brown, Princess Usa, Gilgamesh, Citizen Bleys, ShlupQuack, Galahn, Mindfart, Phoenix (Phoenix Aes Sedai), Queenie*24, Alixsar, silverbow, Gau (m4tt), Drex, Linus, Kefka, Temple Knight and imuya.

Reading over the grammar and style of those posts makes me cringe. Of course, if any of you know anything about Thorn/Etienne, then you'll know that thread is pretty cool for me because I ended up seeing her on the Who's Online list one year after that, PM'ed her saying it was cool that one of the first ever people I got to know on EoFF was back now and then we ended up hooking up later on and I flew to California 'cause of that. Win!

Post of note: Temple Knight's first post in the thread. I laughed.

EDIT: For some old, lost threads from 2001, see here (http://web.archive.org/2001*/http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showt*).

Aerith's Knight
12-17-2007, 02:24 PM
lol bob.. great addition.. so much fun :)

Firo Volondé
12-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Have I improved since I joined? I should smurfing hope so.

a three-way tie between:

Tatts (guy sitting near boat in Kilika): he comes pre-equipped with the awesomest move in blitz, INVISIBLE SHOT! What's not to like?
Wakka: he costs one gil per game, plus his celestial weapon kicks ass looks-wise (just beating Masamune the spanner from hell)
Jecht: His shot allows me to pwn in blitzball. Thanks for inventing it, you crazy Jack Sparrow lookalike!

:(

The very first post was even worse than those, but I had deleted it a while ago to hide my shame. :redface:

Dr. Acula
12-19-2007, 10:16 AM
I can't believe I actually said this (this was my first post- I never created a "Hi I'm new" thread):

My fave ff7 character would have to be Cloud... coz he's awesome and he has a big sword. i like big swords:D

LOL. You have GOT to be kidding me.

I don't say "ya" like I used to, thank goodness. I'm still a complete noob though. Let's just say I'm surprised I even know how to quote things.

I still use that smiley though. :D