PDA

View Full Version : The most absurd rumours you've heard (spoilers)

MJN SEIFER
12-16-2007, 05:44 PM
I heard that in FFVII if you where really nice to Aeris and where really mean to Tifa (not just in dialogue, but in battles too) that when the time comes for Aeris to die, place Tifa in your team, and just after Cloud does his "what are you making me do?" line, Tifa, will charge forward and try to kill Aeris, and at the same time Sephiroth will fly down like normal, but because of Tifa's attack on Aeris, the characters are in such a positon that Sephy will end up killing Tifa by accident.

Stupidly I actually tried this, even though I knew it was a blatent lie. I just had to be sure :D

Vivisteiner
12-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I once heard a rumour that Aeris dies.

Its LIES. LIES I TELL YOU!

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 06:05 PM
i once heard that if you name Aerith easy and are really mean to tifa she pushes aeris out of the way

CimminyCricket
12-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I heard that...well I haven't heard anything to be honest. ;_;

Laddy
12-16-2007, 06:29 PM
I heard a rumor that if you named Ramza, 'Earl,' he'll start at lvl 99.

Vivisteiner
12-16-2007, 06:36 PM
I heard a rumour that if you rename Red XIII as Nanaki he says his real name is actually Red XIII.

No I didnt.

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 07:47 PM
I heard a rumour that if you rename Red XIII as Nanaki he says his real name is actually Red XIII.

No I didnt.

it does make for funny quotes thought

Cloud: who is Nanaki?
man: Nanaki is Nanaki.

Heath
12-16-2007, 09:06 PM
I heard a rumour that if you thought the Turks in FFVII using only physical attacks, no limit breaks or magic, then Reno would join your team on disc three. I mean, honestly.

blackmage_nuke
12-16-2007, 09:22 PM
I heard there's this scene in X2 when they girls are at a spring swimming around and splashing each other in their underwear...

It wasnt a rumour

NeoCracker
12-16-2007, 10:03 PM
I heard FF VIII was a good game.

Aerith's Knight
12-16-2007, 10:39 PM
I heard Neocracker was an optimist

MJN SEIFER
12-16-2007, 11:04 PM
I heard FF VIII was a good game.

It is in my eyes.

Vivisteiner
12-16-2007, 11:46 PM
I heard a rumour that there was a sequel to a Final Fantasy game!

Total bollocks of course.

Evastio
12-18-2007, 11:57 PM
It would have to be this one for Final Fantasy VII that tells you how to enter the game in real life. Basically you go on the world map in the game then go naked in front of the TV screen, (sorry FFVII: PC players. Looks like you can't enter the FFVII world.) close your eyes and hop around and spin in a circle seven times while patting your head and rubbing your tummy. I read that on GameFAQs somewhere.

Storm San
12-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Some guy : "Dude is it true that there is a version of FFVII where you can actually see Barret swearing " ?
:rolleyes2

Internet, about FF7: Aeris can be resurrected .

Dr. Acula
12-19-2007, 08:55 AM
I heard you could get a Silver Chocobo that can travel underwater, and if you use the underwater materia and swim underneath in Midgar Zolom Swamp you can resurrect Aerith.

Jessweeee♪
12-20-2007, 07:49 PM

No I didnt.

The man says that no matter what you name him. Even if you name him Pooface O:

My favorite Aeris rumor was the "Put 100 pennies on the PS1 then load up your game, and there she is!"

Also this:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b281/TsukiNoNeko/277446029_l.jpg

Queen Anthai
12-27-2007, 08:42 PM
That may very well be the coolest Photoshop I have seen ALL YEAR. :love:

Comet
12-27-2007, 09:07 PM
I once heard that if you kill that Proud Clod thing in FF8 in one move, Cloud comes out from inside it and joins your party.

ReloadPsi
12-28-2007, 03:59 PM

No I didnt.

Actually if you name him "Red XIII" or anything else, he still says that "Nanaki is Nanaki" as if to mean "Whaddya mean, who is he?".

What is amusing, however, is in Rocket Town when he introduces himself to Shera; "Nanaki, also known as Nanaki."

Anyways, I remember the ol' 1/35 General Aeris revival rumour.

Now time for a non-FF7 rumour as there's only been one genuine one and a bunch more that were sarcastic!

FF9, recruiting a hidden character named "Salamander". Poor fools, not realising that was Amarant's other name.

I was also told that when Dagger summoned Ark, she didn't disappear, and she hopped on to ride it once it appeared.

Serapy
12-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Also this:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b281/TsukiNoNeko/277446029_l.jpg

That came from one of the mods for FF7 PC.

Zora
12-28-2007, 07:12 PM
People who said Tidus and Yuna know how to laugh normally (outside of the dub)

I beg to differ.

ReloadPsi
12-28-2007, 07:30 PM
The people who played Tidus and Yuna know how to laugh

I beg to differ.

Am I the only person in the entire world who realises that Tidus was not supposed to sound like he was laughing, and was basically taking the piss?

The Crystal
12-28-2007, 08:21 PM
FFVII - The rumor about fighting Cheese Weapon on the moon.

http://web.axelero.hu/szegogab/cheeseweapon.jpg

Takara
12-30-2007, 05:00 AM

Aww, it even has a baby Cheese Weapon next to it. How cute!

Skyblade
01-05-2008, 02:27 AM

I think that's one of his feet. You can see another one on the other side.

Takara
01-05-2008, 05:23 AM

I think that's one of his feet. You can see another one on the other side.

I liked my idea of a baby Cheese Weapon better. :p It makes good commentary on a discovery channel documentary.

"And here, you see one of Mother Nature's most peculiar creatures: the Cheese Weapon. This rare beast can only be found in the most extreme and desolated of environment. The Cheese Weapon is a solitary creature, but mothers are known to be very protective of their cubs. Watch how this Cheese Weapon mother is showing her baby how to hunt random main characters led by a spikey-haired moron. The following images are not for the faint of heart!"

Yar
01-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I heard a rumor that Final Fantasy XIII is supposed to be released in 2008... HA!