PDA

View Full Version : My semi-crappy Chrono Project

Brennan
12-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Hello people, Brennan here with a idea, make a RPG Maker 2000 Chrono game!
Yes, I know, it seems crappy, but what eles do I have to do before Christmas?
Anybody got ideas? PNG sprites of the CT people? Help is very much appreciated.

scrumpleberry
12-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Video Game Sprites (http://www.videogamesprites.net/)

Might help you. Good luck!

Heath
12-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Certainly wouldn't envy the work you'd have to do! One question I would ask is how you'd deal with the battle system? I mean, is it possible to have CT-style battles in RPG maker, or would you have to have the more traditional turn-based FF style battles?

Brennan
12-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Certainly wouldn't envy the work you'd have to do! One question I would ask is how you'd deal with the battle system? I mean, is it possible to have CT-style battles in RPG maker, or would you have to have the more traditional turn-based FF style battles?

I don't think the CT view during battles is possible, so I'll use the "Front-view"

Nakor TheBlue Rider
12-19-2007, 11:22 PM
i think he was reffering more to the fact that Chrono Trigger is one of the only games with Dual and Triple Techs.

Can you make Dual and triple techs in the RPG maker?

ScottNUMBERS
12-20-2007, 11:47 AM
It would be impossible to make them the same way CT does without hacking (possible with hacking? I don't know).

I have been using RPG maker 2003 for two years and have learned a thing or two (Don't expect me to know everything, I know some stuff is all). 2000 and 2003 are pretty similar, so if you want any help with variables or switches or something ask me - I just may be able to help you.

Semi-crappy? If you put the effort in and believe in yourself a bit more you could make it success, I know it. Oh and if you ever finish it, hide it from Square Enix.

Brennan
12-21-2007, 03:22 AM
hide it from Square Enix.

Yeah, I seen Chrono Ressurection

Heath
12-21-2007, 05:50 PM
i think he was reffering more to the fact that Chrono Trigger is one of the only games with Dual and Triple Techs.

I was on about the CT view and having monsters on the field, but that's another interesting point, actually.

Kaluriel
01-05-2008, 01:56 PM
yeah a chrono trigger battle system in RM2k is possible, look up tutorials on how to do a CBS (Custom battle system), should be a lot easier since the way chrono trigger fighting works. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a tutorial already out there.
You should look at a fan fiction written in RM2k by a guy named Brickroad I think, it was called With His Father's Sword. It uses chrono trigger tile and character sets.

Don't know if it exists online anymore, but I uploaded it for you:
http://www.lastrayofhope.com/with_his_fathers_sword.rar

EDIT: I should probably say that the fan fiction game contains CT spoilers :P

Mirage
01-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Why make a RPGmaker version of a game that's already playable in probably just as good graphic quality already?

aquatius
01-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Learn RGSS, get RMXP/VX and code the battle system.