PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for those whom play PSU...

KentaRawr!
12-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Are the servers as bad as with the GCN version of PSO? Like, with hackers and what-not? How many legit players are there?

Edit: I'm referring to the PC/PS2 Servers, by the way.

oddler
12-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Not sure about hackers because I was so sorely disappointed with the online play that I tried it once and never played it again. There was entirely too much lag and action-oriented games like this where you have to aim kill my patience if they don't work right. :mad:

KentaRawr!
12-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Your internet connection probably just stinks. :3

oddler
12-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Nope. :)

KentaRawr!
12-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Well, in that case, you should have held the lock-on button. :p

Shoeberto
12-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Do you know if PSU stores the characters on the server or on your PS2? If it's stored on your memory card like PSO, then it's going to be inevitably be bad. That was always a huge flaw in the PSO design.

KentaRawr!
12-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Thankfully, it's by Server this time around. Attached to a thing Sega calls a Gamertag, too, so if you cancel your account, your character will still be there when it's re-activated, so long as you didn't get rid of your Sega Gamertag. However, I remember some people saying things about hacked money, which nullified the economy system Sega was going for with the game. I've heard of something people call "Inventory Mods", as well, but both were small scale at the time I heard of them. I've no idea how bad they are now.