PDA

View Full Version : Porcupine Tree....

BizarroSephiroth
12-17-2007, 10:55 PM
If any1 has heard this band, did you notice that the intro to the songs ".3" and, "Strip the Soul" sound exactly the same? Someone please tell me its not me and that im not crazy....

....but, for those who havent, listen to them they kick ass.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CCJC0pd2-vA(Porcupine Tree- Blackest Eyes)

Yamaneko
12-18-2007, 03:52 AM
They both use a bassline intro, but the chord progression is different.

Porcupine Tree is probably my favorite progressive rock group from the past ten years and that's saying a lot. I thought their last album was a return to form after the slight disappointment that was Deadwing.

I saw them live a few years ago. Robert Fripp opened for them with a few of his soundscapes and the group proceeded to kick ass all night long.

What I'm hoping for in the next album is a complete change of pace. Steven Wilson has been moving the band along nicely from a psychedelic-symphonic beginning to a prog-pop middle, finally leading into the heavier metal influence we see in the band today no doubt inspired by Steven's work with Opeth. The past few albums (and Blank Planet is no exception) have lingered in this metal phase, so hopefully the group pulls together for their next effort and releases something completely new. That's what makes PT good in my opinion.