PDA

View Full Version : Mana Spirits

Goldenboko
12-18-2007, 03:31 AM
Old habits die hard! And I'm back to fiddling with RPG Maker again! I've decided that I'm going to work with 2003 because I know the system well, and I've decided to make a thread on Eyes on hoping people will try it, give me some reviews, maybe volunteer to help too.

Here I am presenting... My game! Weeee~
I have my first demo done, and thanks to rubah I have a place to put it. I hope that you guys will try it out.

Some of the ideas behind the game....
1. Let's make RPGs hard again. The first demo is short and pretty easy but it won't stay that way.
2. Homage. I'm putting some tributes to other games throughout. Since VTG hasn't gotten to make me any music yet, that includes Final Fantasy music :D

If your interested in downloading here's the Link, and instructions on how to download it....
RPG Maker 2003's installer sucks so let me explain now... (http://www.snowy-day.net/GoBo/)
Step 1. Download zip. Simple enough just use my link and download Mana Spirits. Edit: I realized your going to have problems reading the game unless you download a fonts I put that on the index as well download that too.
Step 2. Extract the zipped stuff (simple enough)
Step 3. Click the setup file AKA The Girl with the Sword.
Step 4. You'll get a thing that looks like this (http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l56/Goldenboco/RPGMakerscreen.jpg)
Looks scary doesn't it?
Don't worry, All you have to remember is A. Where the game is going (you can change that), then B. Press the LEFT box of question marks. The game will download and poof you have the game.
Step 5. Remember Those fonts you downloaded? cut them, then go to wherever your game was sent, go in the file "font" and paste those fonts in there.
Step 6. Almost done! Now go back and all the way down till you see "RPG_RT" which is an application file. Thats the button you press to play the game!
Oh and if you want a quicker way to play the game you can copy the RPG_RT into your desktop

It sounds complicated but its pretty easy!
I hope everyone gives me demo a try, a review... and maybe I'll get a few spriters or something ;)

EDIT: I just noticed my game's name is a lot like Hero Spirits, I didn't mean that oddler, and if you want me to change it then I will whoops :0
EDIT2: I'm gonna put some screenshots later. Oh and I'll be updating this thread with new demos and stuff like that :D
EDIT3: I know that Argon's battleset is huge, leave me alone, I didn't feel like making a new one yet xD it will get done though
EDIT4 xD : If you find a glitch or there's something wrong with the game, don't just laugh at me, tell me so I can fix it :D

oddler
12-18-2007, 05:25 AM
You can name your game anything you like, GooBoo.

I've never played an RM2K3 game before. I can't promise when I'll be able to check it out but I will. :)

Vermachtnis
12-18-2007, 05:33 AM
I'm gonna have to play it. I hope you improve your difficulty, cause once I moved my game to 2k3 the difficulty dropped big time.

Psychotic
12-18-2007, 10:21 PM
The area outside the dude's house has no solids. I could walk over the well and the trees easily.

Also how do you backspace on the rename section? I had to make do with TreniCOCK and CharlesFAIL.

Goldenboko
12-18-2007, 10:23 PM
The area outside the dude's house has no solids. I could walk over the well and the trees easily.

Also how do you backspace on the rename section? I had to make do with TreniCOCK and CharlesFAIL.

xD
You use the escape button.

Really? Whoops. I'll have that fixed for the next demo.

Lawr
12-27-2007, 08:13 PM
I will download this and give you some constructive criticism GoBo! Beware!

Arc_Master_14
12-31-2007, 01:52 AM
love it GB i couldnt find the font folder but i read everything find so whatever but yea ill finish it later

f f freak
12-31-2007, 02:42 AM
Okay, a little help needed, I've done step 4, skipped step 5 as I can't be bothered to download the Fonts but then I can't find the file RPG_RT.

Goldenboko
12-31-2007, 02:46 AM
Okay, a little help needed, I've done step 4, skipped step 5 as I can't be bothered to download the Fonts but then I can't find the file RPG_RT.

Start step four again and look where the project path is. Then hit the right box of question marks. Now your out of that screen go exactly to where the project path said, (it'll probably be in your Program files as rpgmaker2003), then find the game folder click on it, go all the way down till you see an icon of a girl holder a sword, thats the RPG_RT.

Psychokitty
12-31-2007, 08:25 PM
How many KB does the game have and how long does it take to download? Curently in the 1MBs.

Lawr
12-31-2007, 08:45 PM
I think it was about 16MB.

Psychokitty
01-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Wow, I gave up and canceled at about 15MB, dang. . . .

KoShiatar
01-01-2008, 05:36 PM
I wish at least one of the games that pop up here would get finished... é_è Anyway good luck! I don't have broadband right now but if people say it's good, maybe I'll try it once I'm back to Frankfurt.

Markus. D
01-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Try Demon Spirits, I think that was the name, Best RPG to come from RM2K3 <3

Laddy
01-02-2008, 02:56 AM
You smurfing bet I'm gonna play it, GoBo! *downloads*

Rase
01-02-2008, 04:06 AM
Good luck with this GoBo. Hope you have more tenacity then I and stick it through. I'd try this but I can't seem to get any RPG Maker's to install on my Vista laptop.

Goldenboko
01-03-2008, 03:21 AM
I really have to get working on this more xD

Anyway, the current demo is short, but contains a lot of resources so yes, it will take a little while to download. If your impatient I recommend you have it start downloading before you are going to go do something else for a while.

@tsu- I actually think I know what your talking about. Only it was called like. Demon Hunter or something, and I actually didn't like it. It was detailed, but bloody boring, and easy... Although I am... borrowing some of his resources :shifty:

@Rase- I'm making this on Vista, so it should work xD

Thanks to everyone who wished me luck. The holidays are over, and I'm not sick anymore, so I should get started on this again soon :D

Oh and to anyone who's downloaded it, Psy found a glitch, you can walk on many of the things (buildings, stands, etc) so ya don't need to tell me about it, it's already fixed and in the next demo it won't be a problem.

Rase
01-03-2008, 04:59 AM
Well hell if I know why, but RM2K3 and RMXP won't install on my laptop. RM2K3 starts to, then some error window pops up and it dies. RMXP installs, but won't run. Dunno what to tell ya. :-/

Markus. D
01-03-2008, 05:37 AM
I can't wait to see this in full GoBo <3

Lawr
01-03-2008, 06:22 AM
@tsu- I actually think I know what your talking about. Only it was called like. Demon Hunter or something, and I actually didn't like it. It was detailed, but bloody boring, and easy... Although I am... borrowing some of his resources :shifty:

Ooooh. Now I know what you are talking about. Devil Hunter: Seeker of Power! I quite liked that game, and anyone's resources are fair game unless stated otherwise.

Edit
Ok, I played the game and when you recruit Charles and have to go to the World Map, you pass by the house you start in. I thought maybe that there was a bed in there I could sleep in to restore my status or something, but I got into an encounter that just repeated the dialogue from the first one where you fight the hostile goblins. If you trigger it from a Switch and a Common Event, it wouldn't send anyone returning into that battle again. That's the main point. Other than a few typos and grammatical errors.

f f freak
01-03-2008, 08:48 PM
I encountered something rather annoying. After beating the blue dragon and leaving the forest I used the Stone of Grath to return to Grath so I could go and heal my characters. When returning through the forest, I got to the end though I could not exit, preventing me from continuing. Because of this I had to start again. It was a bit annoying and I thought you should know just in case you didn't mean to put it in their. Also their were a few typos that needed sorting out, but all in all it was a good demo.

Goldenboko
01-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Well hell if I know why, but RM2K3 and RMXP won't install on my laptop. RM2K3 starts to, then some error window pops up and it dies. RMXP installs, but won't run. Dunno what to tell ya. :-/

Oh I know that glitch, it actually won't hinder you from playing the game. RPG Maker 2003 has a fatal glitch with Vista: it can't make new projects. This can be overcome by downloading/importing a project from a different computer, blanking it, and then using that. But that glitch won't stop you from playing my game since you don't actually need RPG Maker ;D

I can't wait to see this in full GoBo <3

Ooooh. Now I know what you are talking about. Devil Hunter: Seeker of Power! I quite liked that game, and anyone's resources are fair game unless stated otherwise.

Edit
Ok, I played the game and when you recruit Charles and have to go to the World Map, you pass by the house you start in. I thought maybe that there was a bed in there I could sleep in to restore my status or something, but I got into an encounter that just repeated the dialogue from the first one where you fight the hostile goblins. If you trigger it from a Switch and a Common Event, it wouldn't send anyone returning into that battle again. That's the main point. Other than a few typos and grammatical errors.

I didn't really like the game for the game, right out of the gate the story annoyed me, I mean come on, a book with the ultimate evil is so unguarded a stupid little kid could get his hands on it :rolleyes2
The battles weren't anything special to me either, but...
He clearly knew how to use RPG Maker his magic leveling system and game maps where incredibly good.

I thought I fixed that problem before I put out the game.... o.0 it'll be fixed for the next demo.

I encountered something rather annoying. After beating the blue dragon and leaving the forest I used the Stone of Grath to return to Grath so I could go and heal my characters. When returning through the forest, I got to the end though I could not exit, preventing me from continuing. Because of this I had to start again. It was a bit annoying and I thought you should know just in case you didn't mean to put it in their. Also their were a few typos that needed sorting out, but all in all it was a good demo.

Whoops... I guess I didn't think of that xD I'll fix it right away, it'll be fixed in the next demo :O

Thanks to all who've played so far :D

Laddy
01-03-2008, 09:18 PM
It's great, GoBo, only... Argon's sprite is a bit out-of-place.

Goldenboko
01-03-2008, 09:21 PM

EDIT3: I know that Argon's battleset is huge, leave me alone, I didn't feel like making a new one yet xD it will get done though

Owned xD

Laddy
01-03-2008, 09:24 PM

Owned xD
Which is why I complained.

Owned? XD

Goldenboko
01-03-2008, 09:26 PM

Owned xD
Which is why I complained.

Owned? XD

It'll be fixed, I was just lazy. :O

Oh and xD > XD

f f freak
01-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Any more progress on this?

Laddy
01-17-2008, 04:03 AM
GoBo better continue or he'll join my collection...of those who ignore their games.

Goldenboko
01-17-2008, 04:07 AM
GoBo better continue or he'll join my collection...of those who ignore their games.

I'm continuing, but at the same time, I'm working on other projects, along with trying to keep up with 8 classes (thats a full schedule) plus its midterms right now, which means, studying, so don't expect to see much done now.

oddler
01-17-2008, 06:06 AM
You've got all the time in the world, my friend. :choc2:

Garnie
01-26-2008, 12:22 AM
Boko i love it!! i was flying lolz!! i can walk in to the sky on the wallz
I BE THE NUW JEEZUZ IN MANA!!! HUZARRRRR!!!

Irenicuss
01-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Woho an Rpgmaker game ;D sounds interesting:mog:

Laddy
02-14-2008, 02:15 AM
It's awesome! Really reminiscent of the PSX era. Make more!