PDA

View Full Version : Decisive Battle!

Vermachtnis
12-18-2007, 03:58 AM
When fighting the big bad of a video game, what type of music really gets you going?

Ramza Beoulve
12-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Well, I love the 16th colossus' (shadow of the colossus) song, I think it cannot get more epic than that, specially with the image of the enemy and the pouring rain. Basically, I love metal or orchestra battle songs.

Karellen
12-18-2007, 04:26 AM
Whatever suits the theme of the game.

Jiro
12-18-2007, 06:03 AM
I like the boss music in Blue Dragon. It was suprising at first, but i enjoy the music

Roogle
12-18-2007, 02:30 PM
I like guitars and drums for tense battles. I chose the following poll options: jazz, rock, vocals, and other.

Jessweeee♪
12-18-2007, 03:16 PM
EVERYTHING ROLLED TOGETHER INTO ONE GIGANTIC MASTERPIECE OF AWESOME TIMES TWEVLE!

Laddy
12-19-2007, 12:18 AM
One-Winged Angel, Dancing Mad, and The Dark Messenger are grand examples. Baldur's Gate I and II both have baddie fights suiting its often dark setting, giving almost a tense horror vibe when your Bard gets punished by a Beholder in a dark abyss...

scrumpleberry
12-19-2007, 01:27 PM
EVERYTHING ROLLED TOGETHER INTO ONE GIGANTIC MASTERPIECE OF AWESOME TIMES TWEVLE!

I don't really care what style, as long as it's a good piece and sounds a bit epic and dark.

Markus. D
12-19-2007, 09:19 PM
The best one undeniably is from RO (It can be denied, I'll be frank), Combination of Religical, Orchestral, Techno and some Vocal (Ahhh Vox).

Heath
12-19-2007, 09:35 PM

I don't really care what style, as long as it's a good piece and sounds a bit epic and dark.

Yeah, I'd agree with this. I've heard some great religious type ones as well as some awful ones, some great trance-y types one and some awful ones as well (mostly awful!), so I don't think I could really confine my choice to a specific genre. I mean, Seymour Battle from FFX isn't really my usual type of music but it was right for the style of the battle, it sounded sufficiently epic and it was genuinely a decent piece of music.

ReloadPsi
12-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Rock type, guitars a-riffing.

Trance Kuja (I think he counts anyway), Justice/Dizzy/I-no/Leopaldon (Guilty Gear series), Paradorn (Endless Nova)...

I liked the one for Necron at the very end of FF9 too, but I'm not sure where I'd fit that in.

blackmage_nuke
12-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Its hard to pick a type as quality varies, but some times something that you think totally shouldnt work, works surprisingly well on a different level. Like in Metal Gear Solid 3 when you verse the final boss and about 5 minutes in the Snake Eater theme just comes up out of nowhere, there was a certain feel of wtf but at the same time it was like this battle feels so much cooler now.

Fynn
01-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I marked everything, since I like all of these types of boss battle music. Anyway, besides FF's, of course, BoFIV' boss battles had some of the best themes.

LunarWeaver
01-03-2008, 01:03 AM
I am so all about the vocals. Nothing gets me more going than a bunch of jumbled words I can't understand sung by a huge choir. Although there is the occasional emotional battle where I like sad music. Like fighting Jenova after Aerith dies, or that guy with the hat in Chrono Cross.

Kanshisha
01-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Drums.. that's what's missing these days.. drums