PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever. . .

rubah
12-18-2007, 08:29 AM
<a href="http://www.nasajobs.nasa.gov/astronauts/content/broch00.htm">Felt like you were born at the wrong time?</a>

Yamaneko
12-18-2007, 08:32 AM
No, but I do know a couple of people who were born two or three weeks premature.

Sergeant Hartman
12-18-2007, 09:17 AM
With the music I listen to, I was definitely born at the wrong time.

blackmage_nuke
12-18-2007, 09:27 AM
<a href="http://www.nasajobs.nasa.gov/astronauts/content/broch00.htm">Felt like you were born at the wrong time?</a>

I dont get it, what exactly am i meant to be looking at?

Anyway the only time i would assume someone feels like that is during conscription by lottery. But that hasnt happened to me

o_O
12-18-2007, 09:35 AM
My eyes are too lame to qualify. :(

Bart's Friend Milhouse
12-18-2007, 10:06 AM
This era needs me

Loony BoB
12-18-2007, 11:28 AM
"In before The Ceej", or whatever it is you guys say.

Storm San
12-18-2007, 01:26 PM
I feel that it would be better if I wasn't born at all .

41-Inches-Wide
12-18-2007, 01:34 PM

DAMMIT. BoB makes us all look lame and slow-moving. :tongue:

Roogle
12-18-2007, 02:21 PM
No. My latest writing about myself states that I was glad to be born in this era.

Jessweeee♪
12-18-2007, 02:44 PM
If I wasn't born now I'd be listening to different music! I dun wanna listen to 80s music...YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!

:bounce:

oddler
12-18-2007, 03:48 PM
I was born in the 80s. Who wants to go rock the Casbah?

Roto13
12-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Not really. Maybe a few years earlier, but not much.

Araciel
12-18-2007, 04:12 PM
BLAST OFF TO ADVENTURE IN THE AMAZING YEAR FOUR HUNDRED BILLION!!1!1!!1!

Yeah I wanna be there.

Proxy
12-18-2007, 04:51 PM

DAMMIT. BoB makes us all look lame and slow-moving. :tongue:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Aranel99/slowpoke-pokemon.gif

Born in the 80's. I'm happy with that. Very happy =)

The Ceej
12-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Uhh... What?

What exactly does this thread have to do with me now?

Quindiana Jones
12-18-2007, 06:12 PM
I want to live in the time after our civilisation goes up the lala, and when a new civilisation has been formed. It'd be awesome. We'd be like: "this is a bridge made millions of years ago by an earlier group of homosapiensapiens."

So cool.

Peegee
12-18-2007, 06:25 PM
I have no idea what context the link has to the thread.

I've wanted to maintain my current day intelligence, knowledge (def'n: factual memory), and go back to say, the first enlightenment. I might not be accepted because I'm asian (ugh @ the one thing prevent me from truly successfully time traveling and surviving), but if I can get past that, omg the fun I would have.

rubah
12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
I want to be an astronaut, but I do not have the four year degree and three years of experience that they callfor, and won't for another six or seven years, In essense, I was born ten years too late, although that would make me roughly as old as mybrother xD

Yamaneko
12-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Will they not need astronauts in six to seven years time?

rubah
12-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Did you not pay attention to how long John Glenn was in service? :(

Vincent, Thunder God
12-18-2007, 11:07 PM
All the time! I wish I was born in the early 60's so I would be just the right age to see all the progressive rock concerts, and have the excitement of buying the LP's when they first came out, wondering what would come next. Plus, I'd probably still be young enough to get involved in videogames too, which is my only concern about being born earlier.

Evastio
12-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't really think that's possible for anyone. I mean people were born when they were born for a reason. No matter how badly someone thinks their life sucks simply because they were born at a certain time, it's always possible for your life to suck more by being born during a different time.

Vincent, Thunder God
12-18-2007, 11:15 PM
I don't really think that's possible for anyone. I mean people were born when they were born for a reason. No matter how badly someone thinks their life sucks simply because they were born at a certain time, it's always possible for your life to suck more by being born during a different time.

True true, but it's still fun to daydream about it as impossible as it is.

Shlup
12-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Maybe just the wrong country.

rubah
12-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Shlup dreams of starting an American school for wealthy mexican children in Tiajuana.

Aerith's Knight
12-19-2007, 01:31 AM
Shlup dreams of starting an American school for wealthy mexican children in Tiajuana.

In Tiajuana? .. id go there :)

The Unknown Guru
12-19-2007, 02:52 AM
With the music I listen to, I was definitely born at the wrong time.

Same here. I had to grow up listening to boy bands and Britney Spears and her army of clones until I discovered the wonders of music recorded before 1990.

LanceOfTime
12-20-2007, 08:17 PM
yes...i would love to live in feudal japan...it was so interesting...so much war....and to die for your country was a great honor....i would never die for america....therefore my dream of being a warrior is obsolete...guess ill have to go with metalcore screamer :D

Heath
12-21-2007, 05:43 PM
I think there are certainly time periods that I'd like to have visited and seen. However, I think I was born about the right time, perhaps a little later than I'd have liked. Beyond talking a few years earlier, I can't really think of any period I would've been better suited to.

escobert
12-21-2007, 05:50 PM
I think it would have been cool to have been born in medieval times.

Iceglow
12-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Sure bert if you call plague and other diseases, religious domination (if you aint christian and the same type of christian as the monarch you're a heretic and burn kind of domination) and the unfair taxes of the nobles the 14 or 15 hour summer work days (dawn til dusk) the you could be dragged off to war and not be given a sword or bow but be expected to beat your fellow man to death or find a weapon on the battlefield or perhaps a kitchen knife or sharpened garden implement fun then it was a barrell of laughs. Same goes for feudal japan Lance, so much stuff you don't normally hear about but by god if you did you'd change your mind. Romanticising the past is one of the worst things humanity does, and believe me I'd know I write for a medieval/fantasy based game and am highly guilty of romanticising the past myself.

I believe however I was born to late or too early I'm undecided which but yeah sometimes I look at this world and think "sure this is real?"

escobert
12-22-2007, 02:34 AM
Sure bert if you call plague and other diseases, religious domination (if you aint christian and the same type of christian as the monarch you're a heretic and burn kind of domination) and the unfair taxes of the nobles the 14 or 15 hour summer work days (dawn til dusk) the you could be dragged off to war and not be given a sword or bow but be expected to beat your fellow man to death or find a weapon on the battlefield or perhaps a kitchen knife or sharpened garden implement fun then it was a barrell of laughs. Same goes for feudal japan Lance, so much stuff you don't normally hear about but by god if you did you'd change your mind. Romanticising the past is one of the worst things humanity does, and believe me I'd know I write for a medieval/fantasy based game and am highly guilty of romanticising the past myself.

I believe however I was born to late or too early I'm undecided which but yeah sometimes I look at this world and think "sure this is real?"

How could you not say that's fun!?

Dolentrean
12-22-2007, 04:15 AM
I am glad that I was born now... have running water, indoor plumbing, medication, birth control, fast food, and automatic wepons

All the great things about living in modern day sociaty