PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Crushes

Evastio
12-19-2007, 02:48 AM
What's your opinion on video game crushes? (having crushes on video game characters) Are you completely for/against it or are you in between? If so, to what extent are you okay with it? Have you ever had any video game crushes?

I guess it's somewhat okay. It's understandable to like someone because they're really good looking. But I think it gets too far when they want to date/do the character.

Jessweeee♪
12-19-2007, 02:51 AM
To a certain point :p

Roto13
12-19-2007, 02:53 AM
Joel. :P

I think game crushes are kind of weird because the people aren't actually people. They're polygons or sprites.

I do know a guy who has an account on his computer called "Burly Zangief" for that reason. :P

Markus. D
12-19-2007, 03:16 AM
It's kind of odd when people go a little crazy, what with MMORPG "Marriages" and yeah then there's Joel, that's a whole new dimension.

escobert
12-19-2007, 03:28 AM
I think it's fine to say "she's hot" or something but I just don't see it being healthy other than that.

rubah
12-19-2007, 03:59 AM
It's no more far-fetched than people declaring 'I'm gonna marry tom cruise when I grow up and we're going to have scientology babies ^_^' or other celebrities beyond our reach. At least if your parents make less than 100k a year.

However, there is a time when you need to start looking toward human mates, but by then the jargon might be such that the things that express intent today are just a way to express opinion.

Roto13
12-19-2007, 04:11 AM
At least Tom Cruise actually exists. :P

rubah
12-19-2007, 04:18 AM
If they're both equally unobtainable, what's the difference? There's just as many images of celebrities and video game characters, and sometimes the video game characters have more personality.

LunarWeaver
12-19-2007, 04:26 AM
I daresay I support them. :rock:

XxSephirothxX
You can actually have sex with Tom Cruise. You can't have sex with a videogame character. :p Crushes like that are creepy.

Shlup
I think it's acceptable for the duration that you're playing the game. Once you beat the final boss, the relationship has run its course.

escobert
12-19-2007, 04:28 AM
You can actually have sex with Tom Cruise. You can't have sex with a videogame character. :p Crushes like that are creepy.
exactly, there's actually a slim, very slim chance it could happen. It ain't going to with a video game character.

Shlup
12-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Well you could buy a Real Doll of the game character. That kinda counts.

Hell, to Real Doll owners it totally counts and is probably preferable.

NeoCracker
12-19-2007, 04:49 AM

It's called Cosplay my dear Azar. :p

And I think its a bit odd. Thinking they are hot, and have a great personality sure. Wanting a real person to be like that, why not.

Though the video game character themselves? I wouldn't call it a crush so much as infatuation. If you actually had a crush or anything more than that, it's a bit odd.

Roto13
12-19-2007, 05:00 AM

That's even creepier.

LunarWeaver
12-19-2007, 05:26 AM
I think crush as like just saying they're cute or hot in passing is normal enough. Of course if you're turning down dates because Tidus might get mad then that's a problem. :}

Shlup
12-19-2007, 05:29 AM

That's even creepier.

I know! I watched a documentary on that :skull::skull::skull::skull:. It was crazy.

Breine
12-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Joel. :P

Haha, my thoughts exactly xD

Anyway, thinking a video game character is attractive/cute/hot/whatever is totally fine, but going from that to having an actual crush is pretty strange in my opinion.

blackmage_nuke
12-19-2007, 11:51 AM
I think its gone too far when they go around trying to score with cosplayers of that character

scrumpleberry
12-19-2007, 12:46 PM
I think crush as like just saying they're cute or hot in passing is normal enough. Of course if you're turning down dates because Tidus might get mad then that's a problem. :}

Yep yep.

If you're writing fanfics or doing fanarts or whatever about the character purely for your own enjoyment, that's alright as well. As long as you keep in mind that THEY AREN'T REAL.

Vivisteiner
12-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Personally, I think any kind of unrealistic crushes are bad if you start getting affected by them/start deluding yourself.

Its one thing saying that someone, videogame or not is hot but once you start getting obsessed it starts going all wrong.

IMO, theres not really any difference between them being real or not real. Because for most people, your chances of getting together with them is zero anyway.

Ultima Shadow
12-19-2007, 01:36 PM
There was this girl yesterday who asked me out, but I was like: "No, you're not my type. You have no pixels, lol."
And then she was like: "Pixels?"
And I was like: "Yeah. No pixels, no sex. kthnxbye." Then I went and had imaginary sex with Kasumi from DoA, lulz.

The old pharaoh of ancient Egypt, Shadsus Hentaius XII, once said:

"As long as something is hot, thy shall seek to sex it. But if something doesn't exist, thy can't sex it.
What you have drawn on this wall, Fapieus, is undoubtly hot... but it can't be sex'd. For who could possibly sex a wall?
Thus, thy shall seek to sex something that's less hot, but actually exists instead. Like my daughter."

Wise words spoken from a once wise man.

*faps to Rydia and KOS-MOS hentai*

Aerith's Knight
12-19-2007, 03:32 PM
lol.. i do things another way.. i get crushes on people that look like aeris.. not aeris herself.. :p