PDA

View Full Version : A story Inside FFIX

Max
12-19-2007, 03:46 AM
I can remember a long time ago when I played this game there was a moment where Zidane told Garnet a story. Theres really no spoiling moments, but i'll put spoilers around it just in case.

Basically Zidane and Garnet were where Eiko lives, and they were down by the water and Zidane told Garnet a story. Something about how someone went far away in search of something. I don't remember the story at all really, but I do remember that the last line of the story was, "Only because I wanted to be with you,"

I was wondering if this was a real story and if this is written down somewhere, because I remember it being very beautiful and would like to read it again. Thank you :)

loza
12-19-2007, 06:42 AM
I can remember a long time ago when I played this game there was a moment where Zidane told Garnet a story. Theres really no spoiling moments, but i'll put spoilers around it just in case.

Basically Zidane and Garnet were where Eiko lives, and they were down by the water and Zidane told Garnet a story. Something about how someone went far away in search of something. I don't remember the story at all really, but I do remember that the last line of the story was, "Only because I wanted to be with you,"

I was wondering if this was a real story and if this is written down somewhere, because I remember it being very beautiful and would like to read it again. Thank you :)

wasn't it when Garnet and Zidane were in a boat at Madian Sari (Where Eiko lives) when she asks Zidane "Why did you come with me?"

He then tells a story (Adaptation by Loza ^_^):

A man (lets call him Jeff! 4 kicks :D ) who was away from home got a wet letter, the only words that he could read was: "Come back home" His friend (lets call him Frank! ;) ) chose to go with him. Jeff and Frank battled many monsters and the reason that Jeff survived was because Frank was by his side. One day while they we traveling Jeff asked frank a question: "Why did you come with me?"
(It then goes back to Garnet and Zidane in the boat)
Garnet: "So, what did he say?"
Zidane: "Because I wanted to..."

And then i goes into a corny love moment where the wind picks up and the boat sails way from the dock.... Awwwww...

^_^ some thing like that

Rantz
12-19-2007, 09:02 AM
The exact story goes like this:

Dagger: Why did you come with me?

Zidane: Hey, that's Ipsen's line.

Dagger: Ipsen? Who's that?

Zidane: Ipsen is a character from a play, but he's a real-life
adventurer. I think the play is based on his adventures. It kinda goes
like this... Ipsen and his good friend Colin worked at a tavern in Treno.
One day, Ipsen got a letter. The letter was so wet from rain that most
of the writing was illegible. The only part he could read said "Come
back home." Nowadays, we have airships and stuff, but back then, it was
really hard to travel. He didn't know why he had to go back, but he got
some time off, gathered his things, and set out on his journey home. He
walked a thousand leagues through the Mist. Sometimes he was attacked
by vicious monsters, but he made it, because his friend Colin was by
his side. And then, after much time on the road... He had to ask Colin
something. "Why did you come with me?"

Dagger: And? What was Colin's answer?

Zidane: 'Only because I wanted to go with you.'

I don't think it's a real story, but it's hinting that there is something of a backstory for Ipsen, the man who Ipsen's castle is named after.

Vivisteiner
12-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh,

I wanted to recite it off by memory. :(

But yeah, good story. At first I thought you were talking about the story in the Black Mage Village Inn.