PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't KH2FM+ supposed to come to the U.S.?

mooglebunni608
12-19-2007, 04:40 AM
Did I miss something? Because there was that magazine article that said it would be here this fall and I haven't heard anything about it at all since then.

Enlighten me?

Ouch!
12-19-2007, 05:30 AM
That article was entirely unfounded speculation which turned out to be a load of crap (as expected).

Agent0042
12-20-2007, 02:32 AM
No, what's a load of crap is that they won't release this stuff in the U.S. KH is way popular here too, so why does only Japan get all the good stuff? Come on, Square-Enix, get off your duffs and start putting out all these stupid handheld games and give us Final Mix + over in the U.S.!

Clawsze
12-20-2007, 01:56 PM
No, what's a load of crap is that they won't release this stuff in the U.S. KH is way popular here too, so why does only Japan get all the good stuff? Come on, Square-Enix, get off your duffs and start putting out all these stupid handheld games and give us Final Mix + over in the U.S.!

It's because the Us add other bosses in (Ice Titan) hat the creators decide they should have extras. I wouldn't think they have Ice Titan in KH1. Plus for Translation etc. it wouldn't exactly get much profit.

PuPu
12-21-2007, 04:12 AM
The only reason that is somewhat reasonable for Square Enix not releasing FM outside of Japan is because they want to please their Japanese fans.

Anything other reasons, such as not making much profit or not wanting to translate has very little support.

Halenite
12-21-2007, 04:12 AM
They did have Ice Titan, it actually gave a Keyblade as a reward in the Japanese version. (Diamond Dust IIRC). And the Sephiroth fight gave the One Winged Angel keyblade as a reward.

So on reality, we lost out.

LunarWeaver
12-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Square doesn't like their fans much. They enjoy closed-theater trailers and expanded games that never see international releases. One day they will only make 5 copies of their games total and only Japan will get them. Lucky for me I am a masochist and enjoy it all deep down.

Mr Cactuar
01-05-2008, 10:34 AM
Well when a game, or movie is being made it must have a set date to come out. And with Square, they don't completely put everything in the first version, the Japanese version whereas the later releases get that stuff. So they add more stuff again for the Japanese later on.

May seem unfair, but meh.

Agent0042
01-05-2008, 03:50 PM
And then don't release that added stuff to any other market. Meh.