PDA

View Full Version : Was Sky Fortress Bahamut Easy To You Too?

Juggernaut
12-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I was very disappointed at SFB. Not once did I have the change characters. It was pretty long ago, but I think my party was Vaan, that lady you get with Basche, and basche.

If it was hard for you, here's what I remember:

GAMBITS! I just had the Shell, Protect, and Bravery gambits on Vaan and it was a snap.

Also, I got Vaan the Zodiac Spear pretty early. (I had to run like crazy.)

VERY disappointing. :mog:

Heath
12-19-2007, 09:20 PM
I think the spells like Shell, Protect and Bravery combined with the Zodiac Spear probably decreased the challenge of the Sky Fortress somewhat. Obviously if you wanted to make it more challenging you'd remove those. I didn't tend to have any of those automatically set (rather I'd set them as and when I needed them) or the zodiac spear so I imagine it was slightly more challenging for me but I was at a fairly high level when I eventually decided to do it so it wasn't really difficult for me either.

Karellen
12-19-2007, 11:22 PM
I beat the fortress at around level 50 with Save the Queen as my best weapon on all characters and without attempting any hunts (so no bravery, bubble, bubble belts etc). It was relatively easy up until the undying, who actually managed to kill me once.

Roto13
12-20-2007, 03:51 AM
I got tired of doing hunts and rushed in and beat it. It wasn't that hard. If you're good enough to get there, you were probably good enough to finish it. :P

Jessweeee♪
12-20-2007, 05:50 PM
It was very very easy for me because I did the level loop thing at the Stilshrine :p

leader of mortals
12-20-2007, 11:13 PM
beat it around level 50 i think... and the undying was the hardest enemy I had fought up til then....... so he was pretty easy:p

Juggernaut
12-21-2007, 01:41 AM
XD

Like half the hunts are harder than SFB.

I could never beat Gilgamesh...(2nd battle)

Yiazmat > The Undying

Crossblades
12-21-2007, 02:54 AM
Not only was it easy, it was short too. In past FF games, the final dungeons was very long and it would take a while to reach the final boss. In Sky Fortress Bahamut, it would take 5-10 minutes to reach the final boss.

LunarWeaver
12-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Yeah it was way too easy. But after Pharos lasting for 5 months, I was glad it was over quick and didn't have a bunch of crap.

Brennan
12-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Wayyyyy too simple.

Nifleheim7
12-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Heh,after everyone saying how easy it was i really wonder if someone dares to say otherwise...
Anyway,i was way overleveled by then,so yeah it was very easy.

Ouch!
12-21-2007, 07:11 PM
I found it difficult my first time through because I decided that I should be fighting everything that came my way. I got totally owned by rooks. I was ill prepared and just rushed in like I'd been able to just use brute force to get through most other areas. I couldn't kill the enemies fast enough, and they just kept coming until I was completely overwhelmed.

Then I realized that just running straight to the elevator was so much simpler. I found that the bosses were excessively easy to kill.

Also, the whole freaking game is easy if you have the Zodiac Spear early on.

Flare_Cross
12-22-2007, 05:36 PM
i just got on the bahamut for the first time and pwnd Vayne... rather easy...

Sam250
12-22-2007, 09:02 PM
I don't remember what Lvl I was at, but the first time I attempted it (immidiatly after I got the choice to) I got my ass beat pretty quickly. I leveled up a BIT before attempting it again, but it was mainly my gambits that needed sorting out- Haste+Bravery on Vaan, Haste+Bravery+Berserk+Zodiak Spear on Basche, and Shell+Protect on Ashe at all times, plus the usual healings ect, and I was laughing. The Undying took a few tries, mind...

However, I think that SFB was the perfect length, considering the Paros was floor after floor after floor of the same basterd enemies with the same basterd texture on every basterd wall- it took me hours, and SFB was just 10- 20 of awesomeness. No tedium, just a few enemies, a few boss fights, and some of the best cutscenes in the game-what more can you ask for?

Goldenboko
12-22-2007, 11:30 PM
The first time I played through it I was level like 40? and my weapons sucked, and the only good spell I had was bubble, so beating the Undying was not easy for me. I forget what it was but I used some strategy to win.

I think the fact you had all those great spells and the Zodiac spear was probably what made it so easy :tongue:

Markus. D
12-23-2007, 12:52 AM
Yeah a game can only get so hard when you're ub3r

Bolivar
12-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Gone is the days of the epic final dungeon in Final Fantasy. Fighting the guards is redundant and kinda never-ending if you actually do engage them, so it's actually more worth it to just run to the successive bosses.

I agree with Sam250 and Lunar that after Pharos, I was dungeoned-out, but it would have been nice to end it off like previous games did. Instead of letting the game tell the story, FFXII used excessively long cutscenes, with movie sequences taking the place of the fun intro or the plow through the final dungeon. So yes, it was a bit lacking on this department.

As far as the final boss(es), the first time I was at high levels and could have fallen asleep and just as well have secured victory. Second time however, I knew what I was doing and got there after about the same amount of hunts at considerably lower levels. I died once and then won.

Lawr
12-27-2007, 11:57 PM
It was terribly easy, but so was the rest of the game. You'll have more of a thrill doing hunts and engaging the Penumbra (in the Pharos.), Gilgamesh, etc.

Mr Cactuar
12-28-2007, 12:53 AM
The whole freaking game was easy. Even Yiazmat. I'm being serious, Yiazmat is just as hard as the rats you fight at the beginning. He is so broken.

Zeromus_X
12-28-2007, 07:11 PM
The enemies there hit me pretty hard, since I definitely didn't have the best equipment (I hardly did any hunts or anything like that). But it was still pretty short. I like to think of the Pharos as the true final dungeon of the game.

ff is da best
12-30-2007, 06:21 AM
final fantasy 12 was way to easy i find previous ffs more harder.
the final bosses were seriously weak. Probaly because i was at lv 100 and had like almost all the ultimate weapons.
but on some previous final fantasys being at lv 100 was still kinda hard.
My point being that ff12 was the most easiest but still enjoyable.

JFA_bobguy
02-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Wow, I feel like a n00b. My first bout with The Undying was with a level 50 party and I really struggled to stay alive. Maybe I should've prepped better...

Clawsze
02-08-2008, 04:12 PM
IMO, Pharos is the "final" dungeon, with SFB being that final area in a dungeon that once you go there, you're not going back and is quite short.

Roogle
02-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Yeah it was way too easy. But after Pharos lasting for 5 months, I was glad it was over quick and didn't have a bunch of crap.

I, unfortunately, went through Pharos throughout the entirety of two days. I was very happy and glad that the Sky Fortress was not a long dungeon and got straight to the point in terms of story. It was unfortunate that there were little to no cutscenes throughout Pharos and more happens in the course of a short trek through the Sky Fortress.

Renmiri
02-08-2008, 07:36 PM
It was so easy my 6 year old beat it... With mom setting the gambits first of course :p He was soo proud of himself :)

Bahamut2000X
02-08-2008, 07:50 PM
IMO, Pharos is the "final" dungeon, with SFB being that final area in a dungeon that once you go there, you're not going back and is quite short.

Pharos seemed more like a final dungeon, yes.

Really I was disappointed with the Sky Fortress, it's almost as if after giving us great dungeons up until that point, it seems like they just got lazy. It seems they wanted to throw logic into the game finally, which I think was stupid. They had the thought "Well gee there's a battle going on out here so we can't let the players leave and come back, that wouldn't make any sense." as opposed to so many other times in an FF (or RPG/game in general) where they just go "Ok logic is good and all, but it doesn't work for the game" really I would of been ok if they let us leave and come back and just made the dungeon more epic. I felt more accomplished getting to the top of Pharos and having my showdown then I ever did with just rushing by everyone in Bahamut.

Cool dungeon concept. Poor implementation.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-08-2008, 11:26 PM
final fantasy 12 was way to easy i find previous ffs more harder.
the final bosses were seriously weak. Probaly because i was at lv 100 and had like almost all the ultimate weapons.
but on some previous final fantasys being at lv 100 was still kinda hard.
My point being that ff12 was the most easiest but still enjoyable.

I've actually found it to be the other way around. With the exception of the Marsh Caves in FF I and the Floating Continent in FF VI, I've found most FF games rather easy. FF XII was actually more of a challenge insofar as you actually had to do some extra levelling up outside of the normal journey.

Sky Fortress Bahamut was easy but slightly annoying since you ad no reprieve from the flow of enemies. After Pharos, I was personally glad that I did not have to gruel my way through another dungeon.

Reeno the Alchemist
02-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Yes I agree, i found Grabranth in 1 minute and beat him in 4 then it was smoothe sailing from there but of course he kept immuning himself so it was rather annoying. When I fought him i had to be level 48, my weapons were save the queen, and my party was Basch Vaan and Balthier and i couldn't have done it without my oh so lovely bubblebelts <3:love:

Big D
02-09-2008, 03:28 AM
The first time I got there, I was at a very low level and found it all extremely difficult - I ended up running from the guards and machines. I found the boss battles similarly hard, even Gabranth once he gets empowered and can kill any low-level character in virtually a single hit.

Bahamut2000X
02-09-2008, 09:50 PM
I had trouble with it too at first, then I realized I could just run from the guards as they were unlimited. After that it got easy. Only the Undying gave me trouble, I was a little too over leveled for the final fight as I needed to get leveled for the Cid fight previous (which was hard by the way).

X

Del Murder
02-24-2008, 07:29 AM
I was disappointed that it wasn't longer, but I guess Pharos was the true 'final dungeon'.

Cloudane
03-04-2008, 10:48 AM
The final boss was even easier than Vegnagun (FFX-2), and I didn't think final bosses could ever get any easier!!

I had a harder time with the guards when I boarded the thing (until I figured out you were supposed to run...)

You could say just don't level up that well, but I didn't :p

Anno Domini
03-05-2008, 03:51 PM
i did the level-up mad dash in the nebrus(sp?) deadland and went in at level 60 with a clan rank of knight of the round. i pwned vayne! =-)

Mo-Nercy
03-06-2008, 03:51 AM
It was a very theatrical final few battles, but it wasn't challenging at all, no.

But I didn't mind. After all those wasted hours trying to find my way through the Pharos, I was happy to find that the Bahamut was just a straightforward hack-and-slash to the finish. Another dungeon would've done my head in.

Wolf Kanno
03-06-2008, 05:13 AM
I'm with most in the belief that the Pharos is the true final dungeon. I had a pretty easy time through it but then again I completed most of the Clan Hunts and got all the Espers. My party was average level 65 when I beat it the first time. I would guess the dungeon required a minimum lv 40+ party to beat.

I really liked the Garbranth battle though. The final boss' first few forms were easy but I laughed during the Undying cause its completely reminiscent of the final boss fight in Vagrant Story.

Big D
03-06-2008, 07:47 AM
I laughed during the Undying cause its completely reminiscent of the final boss fight in Vagrant Story....and FFVI, VII, VIII, and more besides... "Evil guy gains Godlike powers and transforms into a giant flying evil Godlike guy.... with wings!

They like their creative multi-part final boss battles:p

Vaan1980
03-20-2008, 05:43 PM
The Bahamut is way to easy.. I was really disappointed about the ending.. I have beaten all the ones from 7-X2 it bored me....

Shattered Dreamer
03-21-2008, 01:39 AM
As mentioned by several others in this thread The Pharos was the final dungeon. The Sky Fortress Bahamut to me was never suppose to be the "final dungeon" just a rather large setting for the final boss fight. It is true The Undying is nowhere near the strongest enemy you face in FFXII & I like it that that way. The main storyline takes place in a small part of Ivalice but there is a much bigger story & history to be explored within the game. Just read the Bestary file on the espers & later hunts the story of Vaan & co is really just a small part of whats going on.

On another point the final bosses in all the PS2 Final Fantasy games are way too easy when you compare them to what you are expected to face in the earlier games in the FF series. Since FFVII & FFVIII th games have steadily got easier. For this I blame the series popularity. The more each game in the series sells, the more Square Enix will have to cater to more casual RPG gamers, those who just play the main storyline & dont bother with side quests etc.

Final Fantasy XII is a testament to this idea but still I loved it otherwise I never would of put 140+ hours into it whilest I'm suppose to be doing law course work.

Maybe with the series leap into the next gen with Finl Fantasy XIII on PS3 will provide us with the epic final boss fight we are all lusting after.