PDA

View Full Version : Day 1

[M] Aaron
12-19-2007, 11:52 PM
You have any strategies for Day 1?

Here's a few things we probably should do:

Not vote first

Definitely not vote second. (this is how Jess died on the first day in the disney one)

We should probably not vote too similarly. If one of us dies, we wouldn't want there to be a connection to the rest of us so they can drag us down one by one.

Jojee's Strategy:
I don't know if she'll use this this time, but she used it the last two times, so who knows?

She goes by the logic that mafia members will never vote for eachother, which was a successful strategy in the last two games for her. Basically she clears everyone who's been voting for a dead mafia members of guilt. My point is that it might be wise of us to vote a little for eachother, but if we plan to do this it should be controlled and not jeopardize any of us. If we get Jojee to think we're innocent, we might get a good start. She posts these HUGE posts with much reasoning back and forth in it, so people might tend to follow her actions. So let's cooperate with Jojee on killing the innocents? :D
I'll elaborate on this more if you want me to.

I think Jojee is [M] Psychotic, but I'm not sure. This is just me guessing from all the puking she did in the mafia thread though, so we'll see.

Any other ideas?

[M] Caprica
12-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Alright I'll post some ideas.

Communication:
We should be in almost constant communication, a well oiled machine cannot work without the gears working together.

Other Mafia?
I think it is important we look out for another Mafia, or even a serial killer. Last game the Wolves ruled out another mafia early, and that could've ended up hurting them, as we we're still on the lookout for one.

Seperate Followers from leaders:
I think its important we don't let someone like Jojee be alive. Jojee from your description is a random finger pointer that points at the next lynched person. If that lands on us and all of the followers follow ick dead. But if we could kill off all the leaders during the night, then one of us could step up as a leader, and control the votes.

Roles:
We should all play into each other's strengths. I noticed last game that I Make a good citizen, I was incredibly trusted, and swayed the votes. Slowpoke wasn't that type of person, even though he tried to be, and we saw how many people he convinced.

Proposed Roles:
Finger-pointer: A trusted Citizen who emerges as an important "investigator" and will end up swaying many votes.
Follower: This person always ends up siding with a Finger pointer, sometimes the finger pointer won't even be in the mafia. They'll never stay with one finger pointer, and will always appear to have mauled over every decision (will try as much as possible to be constantly switching this is labeled as "suspicious")
Busy Bee: This person will always talk how they won't be able to be here from x time to x time, and will be a great excuse maker so they don't have to post much.

If we do end up using my role idea, I propose myself to be a finger-pointer, because it seemed to be my strength in the last game (I was Sandshrew and IMO I did a good job of gaining trust and swaying votes)

[M] Aaron
12-20-2007, 12:56 AM
whee goldenboko

ShlupQuack;2384166']Alright I'll post some ideas.

Communication:
We should be in almost constant communication, a well oiled machine cannot work without the gears working together.

Yeah, definitely. We should plan a lot! Make no mistakes!

Other Mafia?
I think it is important we look out for another Mafia, or even a serial killer. Last game the Wolves ruled out another mafia early, and that could've ended up hurting them, as we we're still on the lookout for one.

We pretty much knew there was another mafia group. :D we just wanted the citizens to think there was a serial killer in the game so we could later roleclaim Serial Killer Investigator

But yeah, we should consider this possibility. I don't think there's another mafia group this time, since we're 4 people and all. There might be a Serial Killer this time. This also depends on what roles Hsu and BtV got, maybe they're powerful.

Seperate Followers from leaders:
I think its important we don't let someone like Jojee be alive. Jojee from your description is a random finger pointer that points at the next lynched person. If that lands on us and all of the followers follow ick dead. But if we could kill off all the leaders during the night, then one of us could step up as a leader, and control the votes.

Yeah, I don't see much of a threat in followers. We should keep in mind that leaders will be investigated before trusted, so obviously neither you or I should be leaders as we'll turn out guilty on cop investigations. Maybe if we have a Godfather in the group. :) Them leaders do make the game more interesting though, fun to keep alive for a little while, but not too long.

Roles:
We should all play into each other's strengths. I noticed last game that I Make a good citizen, I was incredibly trusted, and swayed the votes. Slowpoke wasn't that type of person, even though he tried to be, and we saw how many people he convinced.

Proposed Roles:
Finger-pointer: A trusted Citizen who emerges as an important "investigator" and will end up swaying many votes.
Follower: This person always ends up siding with a Finger pointer, sometimes the finger pointer won't even be in the mafia. They'll never stay with one finger pointer, and will always appear to have mauled over every decision (will try as much as possible to be constantly switching this is labeled as "suspicious")
Busy Bee: This person will always talk how they won't be able to be here from x time to x time, and will be a great excuse maker so they don't have to post much.

Yeah, these are all good. I don't think I'll be able to play the role as Busy Bee, because Psychotic & Jojee will figure out that I'm Levian right away, and they know I'm not a busy bee. xD Follower might be the way for me to go.

[M] Caprica
12-20-2007, 01:27 AM
I don't think that a cop is going to investigate the trusted people.

Why I think this.

A. If the person is trusted why bother? Cops go right after "suspicious" ones

B. In order for a cop to say "Don't trust him! He's mafia!" he has to reveal himself, if he does that, then sure, our leader dies, but at the very least we know who's the cop, and can try and kill him if the doc is dead.

C. Not everyone will go along with the fact that he's a cop, if that would true, you would've been dead instantly last round Lev'.

[M] Colette
12-20-2007, 02:53 AM
I was a cop the first time around, and believe me, it's harder than it seems to even decide who's "suspicious"; Radje and I got lucky on some of our investigations, so anything can happen.

I agree about the Jojee thing, we need to rid ourselves of any suspicion in her eyes to be succesful.

[M] Caprica
12-20-2007, 02:58 AM
Hsu;2384220']I was a cop the first time around, and believe me, it's harder than it seems to even decide who's "suspicious"; Radje and I got lucky on some of our investigations, so anything can happen.
I think my point was that trusted members of the town aren't decided by a cop investigating them and announcing if their mafia or not.

[M] Aaron
12-20-2007, 03:58 AM
A: Posting long insightful posts won't make people trustworthy. The only way to be trusted is to be cleared, which would be either by a cop or by being responsible for a mafia's death. I can't think of any other ways anyone could be cleared. It will be hard for us to be cleared either one of these ways. D: Not really keen on sacrificing one of us to achieve that since we're only 4. Would be cool to sacrifice keith only to have him blow up in some citizen's face, though. xD

B & C: If a cop reveals himself, there's a chance the town believes him. Especially if they don't have any other clues to go with, they might be willing to test it out. They can always have the "cop" lynched the next day if he's a liar, so it might be worth it for them. Last time when Slowpoke stepped forward as a cop there were so many other factors in the game, so it can't be compared to just any scenario. If they cop is believed and the mafia member lynched, then we might be fucked for a little while. The doctor will protect the cop until we manage to get the doctor killed, which could take a while. I know I would step forward right away if I was a cop, but I'd make sure I wasn't insane cop first.

D: Any thoughts on how to deal with cops stepping forward?

[M] D'Anna
12-20-2007, 06:21 AM
We should just lynch anyone who people seem to be following as well instead like the second game where they didn't go after people who were naming them time after time.

Get rid of the smart ones first.