PDA

View Full Version : Dark Knight

TidusMaster
12-20-2007, 04:08 AM
hey! im getting this game and a psp for christmas...and i've never played it before. like..i kinda did, but it was like, only the VERY first battle...i think kids were throwing stones at each ther? lol, cant remember. anyways, i always adorde Cecil in ff4, and i love dark knights. how do i go about getting one in my party?

The Amazing Spiderman
12-20-2007, 04:52 AM
The game where those kids are throwing snowballs on the first fight, is FFT Advance, the GBA one.
This FFT is the PSX one.

And, to answer your question....

To get the Dark Knight you must accomplish the following requirements with the unit you want to become the Dark Knight:

- Master the Knight and Black Mage Classes. You must learn all the abilities with both of them.

- Reach Lv 8 with the following classes: Dragoon, Geomancer, Samurai, Ninja.

- You MUST kill (The enemy defeated must turn on a crystal or treasure chest.) at least 20 enemies with the characters that is going to be your dark knight.

Good luck getting one. =)

oddler
12-20-2007, 05:34 AM
I'm pretty sure the only way to have a Dark Knight in your party in FFT is when you have Gafgarion for a while. If there's another (legitimate) way, I've never heard of it. :eep:

I did some research on FFTA and didn't see any mention of a Dark Knight job anywhere. I don't think it's in there but I may be wrong since I've never played it.

BG-57
12-20-2007, 12:18 PM
The PSP version of FFT added a generic Dark Knight class, among other things.

Hazzard
12-20-2007, 03:39 PM
He's referring the "Stone" ability which is available for Squires in FFT. lol.

The Amazing Spiderman
12-20-2007, 05:58 PM
He's referring the "Stone" ability which is available for Squires in FFT. lol.

But, wasn't the very first battle in FFT the one where you can only use Ramza? And Agrias, Gafgarion, Alicia, Lavian and Rad are guests?

It that doesn't count, guess you're right. :p

TidusMaster
12-20-2007, 08:54 PM
lol, all i remember was kids throwing stones at each other. And i know in Tactics Advanced for GBA its snowballs, but i could have sworn the first battle was like, a whole bunch of kids having a stone fight, and them teaching you how to fight:P

Kit Fisto
12-27-2007, 12:30 PM
no in the first battle you are only controlling ramza and you have to fight and kill around 4 archers, a chemist, and a knight. Theres no stones involved in this. Unless you use the guts move and "throw stone" Other then that it was just killing.

Roogle
12-27-2007, 07:58 PM
lol, all i remember was kids throwing stones at each other. And i know in Tactics Advanced for GBA its snowballs, but i could have sworn the first battle was like, a whole bunch of kids having a stone fight, and them teaching you how to fight:P

No. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for Gameboy Advance, like you said, has the sequence where kids throw snowballs in an attempt to give you a feel for the battle system. Final Fantasy Tactics begins with a battle where a mercenary party and a knight party must repel an attempt to kidnap a member of royalty.

Siegfried
02-05-2008, 03:19 AM
quick question with that, have any of you ever tried killing Mewt with your own guys, i couldnt do it...

Roogle
02-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I think that it is impossible to fell Mewt in that battle with snowballs. The coach would probably stop the battle before that point. Besides, you only have two or three turns as Marche during the battle.

Skyblade
02-05-2008, 03:59 PM
I think that it is impossible to fell Mewt in that battle with snowballs. The coach would probably stop the battle before that point. Besides, you only have two or three turns as Marche during the battle.

It's not impossible. I've done it. It is necessary to hit with every snowball thrown by every person. Mewt usually evades one of them, so it is hard to do, but not impossible. The last snowball will be thrown by Ritz on her second turn, right before the match ends anyway. You get to hear the human death rattle, but it doesn't change the story in any way.

Roogle
02-06-2008, 03:14 PM
So, does he fall over, get back up, and the story continues as if his own teammate was not hitting him?

Skyblade
02-06-2008, 03:25 PM
He doesn't fall over. Usually, if you kill a boss before the battle ends, they'll give a death cry but will stay in the "I'm hurt" crouched position until the battle is over and they have a chance to say the rest of their lines. Mewt does that too, except instead of getting a chance to say anything, it switches to the snowball fight cutscene. And nothing else about the game changes.