PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Ambition of the Illuminus

KentaRawr!
12-20-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm getting this expansion to PSU for Christmas, and I'm pretty happy about it. I've heard some good things about it, some PSO related as well. In one trailer I saw that soon, you'll be able to make PSO-Like Characters, such as in HUmar suits, or Ranger Helmets. Also, Mags are making a nice return, as well as various areas from PSO. I'm looking forward to it, to say the least. Anyway, I'll go into info mode now.

Info on PSU: AOTI

Genre: Online RPG
Systems: PC, PS2, X-Box 360

Okay, now with things that AREN'T obvious. PSU: AOTI is an expansion pack to Phantasy Star Universe, as you know by now. It is somewhat comparable to the relationship between Episode 1, and Episode 2. Those who have the expansion pack are easily spotted, by their golden names, akin to PSOv1 and PSOv2, back on the Dreamcast. It's offline mode, from what I understand, is an altered version of the Online Story Mode for PSU, though I am not entirely sure of that.

New areas are being released periodically to those whom have the expansion, and they are quite numerous. This includes areas from PSO, and we've seen footage of the Forest so far, and of a re-vamped version of De-Rol-Le, whom can now fly, strangely.

Speaking of PSO in relation to PSU, there will also be costumes from PSO being released in PSU, which is quite grand, if I do say so myself. Footage reveals a HUmar looking fellow running through the Forest Area, in the Yellow and Green HUmar suit from PSO. Other new pieces of clothing have already been released as well, which appear as default clothing to those who don't have the expansion just yet. But, my info is only in bits and pieces. The trailers are obnoxious, but I at least gather that Mags are returning. :3

So, what do you think of PSU, and the expansion? Played earlier PS Games? Etc, topic starts.

Also, I want to put these random (http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/KenYocin/PSOandPSU.jpg) images (http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/KenYocin/3Boxes.jpg)here, 'cause I can.

Jessweeee♪
12-20-2007, 08:00 PM
I played the story mode of PSU on the PS2...it was KEWL!!!! I assume there will be a continuation of it in this expansion? I don't play online :p

KentaRawr!
12-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Yes, they'll be continuing the story. From what I understand, though, it's an altered version of the EP2 Story Mode presented in the Online Mode. :p So, even though I don't have the expansion, I can tell you it's a pretty nice continuation, but it relies on the Comic that's coming out some time in the future, as while most of the back-story is explained by PSU EP1, the state of a certain character is an oddity.

ljkkjlcm9
12-21-2007, 04:57 AM
Being a current AoI player, and a well known one on PC/PS2 servers I can give you any info you want about the game.

PSU:AoI offline, is the 2nd episode of the story, which was online for the original PSU. The 3rd episode will be released in chapters online only, just like episode 2 was before.

As for the rest of it. AoI addressed a lot of the problems PSU had. There are tons of different missions to do... I haven't done all of them since the expansion came out.

Right now there's a christmas theme, with special rare enemies and such.

Mags are nothing like they were in PSO however. There's Ranger ones called Shadoogs, which is left handed and is basically an auto turret that inflicts damage and SE. Then there are Force ones called Madoogs, which is left handed and can have two technics linked to it.

If anyone needs/wants info, feel free to PM me!

THE JACKEL

Markus. D
12-21-2007, 10:46 AM
I love what they have done for Melee classes in regards to gameplay mechanics.

Instead of Mashing we apparently have to time strikes for optimal chains of Criticals~~~~

ljkkjlcm9
12-21-2007, 11:01 PM

Instead of Mashing we apparently have to time strikes for optimal chains of Criticals~~~~

yes, but many people complain this makes hunters way overpowered and enemies die too fast.

THE JACKEL

Markus. D
12-21-2007, 11:14 PM

yes, but many people complain this makes hunters way overpowered and enemies die too fast.

THE JACKAL

Hmmm, that can't be a great thing... they were already rather amazing.

Aerith's Knight
12-22-2007, 01:04 AM
story was awsome.. although no love story between ethan and the maiden :(

and the ending totally gave away that there will be a sequal..

ljkkjlcm9
12-22-2007, 02:04 AM

well dear, the sequel to the first offline story, was online story mode in PSU. Online story mode in PSU, become offline story in AoI. AoI has an online story that's the third part.

so yeah, everyone knew there would be at least two stories, offline, continued by online. But with the expansion, we got a third part of the story too.

THE JACKEL

Aerith's Knight
12-22-2007, 02:07 AM

well dear, the sequel to the first offline story, was online story mode in PSU. Online story mode in PSU, become offline story in AoI. AoI has an online story that's the third part.

so yeah, everyone knew there would be at least two stories, offline, continued by online. But with the expansion, we got a third part of the story too.

THE JACKAL

really? the online part continues the story?.. hmmm.. maybe i should play that only story :p.. didnt know that.. thx

and i meant a fourth part smartass.. or were you not good enough to finish the expansion? i cant tell without major spoilers but youd have to be a retard to not expect another sequal

Markus. D
12-22-2007, 05:11 AM
Think of it like a long long Anime Epic~

Season 3-4 is what we are up to/completing xD

ljkkjlcm9
12-22-2007, 05:21 AM

THE JACKAL

really? the online part continues the story?.. hmmm.. maybe i should play that only story :p.. didnt know that.. thx

and i meant a fourth part smartass.. or were you not good enough to finish the expansion? i cant tell without major spoilers but youd have to be a retard to not expect another sequal
Was I not good enough to finish the expansion? I never touched the expansion offline, there was no point. Offline AoI is online PSU story.

considering the third part hasn't been completely released, I think we have chapter 2 of it online in AoI at this point... you have no way of knowing. Online AoI story is new though, but they just started releasing them.

THE JACKEL

Jessweeee♪
12-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Oh man...you mean I gotta play online to get through the story? I don't suppose I can see it though Extra Mode?

ljkkjlcm9
12-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Oh man...you mean I gotta play online to get through the story? I don't suppose I can see it though Extra Mode?

if you want the third part of the story, you have to play AoI online. Episode 1 is offline PSU, and episode 2 is offline AoI. You can access Episode 2 online as well however.

THE JACKEL

Jessweeee♪
12-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Okay thanks :exdee:

I was confuzzled.

KentaRawr!
12-23-2007, 11:08 AM
Gah, I wish Christmas would come around already. A friend of mine keeps on inviting me to AOTI things, and forgets I'm on PSU. :p I want to beat all the PSU missions before I get AOTI, though, so I at least have experienced them before jumping into all this De Rol Lee and Mother Brain stuffs. :3

ljkkjlcm9
12-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Gah, I wish Christmas would come around already. A friend of mine keeps on inviting me to AOTI things, and forgets I'm on PSU. :p I want to beat all the PSU missions before I get AOTI, though, so I at least have experienced them before jumping into all this De Rol Lee and Mother Brain stuffs. :3

I never touched story mode, and don't really care for it, but I'm running around killing stuff... and collecting christmas rappies rare drops better than anyone! My 9th dagger of serafi is being made now lol

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
12-24-2007, 08:42 PM
I meant the Free Missions, but I did beat the story missions, too. :3