PDA

View Full Version : Is this a great game.

NGU
12-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Ok I am getting this game for christmas for certain (had to help buy it) and being the fan I am I know I will love it no matter what. I just want to know is it a really good game how does it stack up to the other ff's yadayadayada??

Elpizo
12-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Simply said: this is the best FF game ever. Or at least the best of the first 6 FFs. Though I find a lot of people disagreeing with me about this... Well anyway, it is a great game, good story (especially for being 17 years old), advent of the job system, great music, lovable characters and so on. It might be a bit harder than most of the modern FF games, but it's really nothing impossible. The game just keeps you on your toes. All in all a great game and a worthy entry in the series.

Zora
12-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Simply said: this is the best FF game ever. Or at least the best of the first 6 FFs. Though I find a lot of people disagreeing with me about this... Well anyway, it is a great game, good story (especially for being 17 years old), advent of the job system, great music, lovable characters and so on. It might be a bit harder than most of the modern FF games, but it's really nothing impossible. The game just keeps you on your toes. All in all a great game and a worthy entry in the series.

How are the characters lovable? They are barely existent.

I would say it is mey. Great for its time, now just mey. Get FFV if you want a great job system, or FFVI, FFIX, or FFIV if you want, IMO, a better FF game.

Yar
12-21-2007, 02:32 AM
True it IS a great game for being seventeen years old. I LOVE this game. I prefer the NES version to the DS one though (DS one just lost any possible nostagia factor). If you think any games that don't meet today's standards you'll be disappointed and missing out. However, if you are a devout FF fan like you say you'll like it.

I don't regret buying this game. I would have preferred a direct port fron NES to GBA similar to a Classic NES Series title or a graphical upping to 16-Bit like I&II.

Crossblades
12-21-2007, 03:10 AM
It's a great game. It introduced everything that you see in FFs today(Summons, Moogles, Fat chocos, etc.) Plus, it has a basic story that anyone can understand. The job system is fun to use =)

I played both the NES version and the DS version. The NES version is good, but the DS version is even better.

Elpizo
12-21-2007, 06:56 AM
How are the characters lovable? They are barely existent.

They are cute and definately an improvement over the old NES ones. Besides, anybody who says Refia isn't lovable is out of his mind.

Bolivar
12-29-2007, 02:34 AM
i'm with elpizo, out of first ffvi, i wouldn't be surprised if on any given day i would say it is the best outta them.

the ds game is very fun, the only real complaint i could have is that there are (9 and 3/4 times out of 10) a maximum of 3 enemies you can face, a tradition started in VIII that I think drives the fun factor down a little. but all in all a great game and i'm glad I bought it.

NGU
12-31-2007, 03:21 AM
Since I got it I have to say I really enjoy FF3. It it in my top 3 ff's for it's gameplay it's story is good but not better than the later installments.